australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

i bought it off DRRRK from SZ. i put a picture up in the 'help finding...' thread ages ago and he contacted me 2 days ago to sell his. cost 180AU so not bad.

on a side they are back in stock at a few places. here and here. shipping from the V store is 70euro which is a bit rich. im sure if you shop around you can find a store that doesnt rape you on shipping.

anyone been to / conducted a stall at the camberwell market?

doing a big closet clean out and the thought of chucking most of it on the 'bay is scary. mainly random RL / CK / Nike / etc. from back in the day.

what are the fees like? much market for guys stuff? 6am is an early, early start.

Need to book months in advance, and I think the fees are $50. Not sure about guys, helped my gf sell stuff and made a couple hundred, pretty good. Not many other guys clothes stalls which may be good cos there are many guys there following their partners without anything to get, $5 T-shirts sold well, as did some outerwear which I got rid off for about 30 each which isn't too bad considering I hadn't touched them for ages. The brands you have could probably go for a bit more though I'd think.

Lotsa cheapskate hustlers expecting unrealistic deals though, so yeah...

^ yeah my friend just tried to open a stall there and apparently it's booked all the way until june..oh and the fees are $52

anyone been to / conducted a stall at the camberwell market?

doing a big closet clean out and the thought of chucking most of it on the 'bay is scary. mainly random RL / CK / Nike / etc. from back in the day.

what are the fees like? much market for guys stuff? 6am is an early, early start.

at the other end of the price spectrum:

Space on church street: www.spacefurniture.com.au (there are heaps of other stores in that area also)

or for danish furniture etc, there is 3rd quarter and the other businesses they own. There is a big one near me on Lygon street east brunswick, opposite gelo bar

had a look at the RO buy at assin today, not a bad selection. they'll be getting silent by damir doma some time around winter too if anyone is interested.

dropped by CM which I haven't done for a few months now. new jeans looked ok, they had 3 cuts of jeans one of which is a version of the lizzies with an extra high rise. claude by claude maus basic cotton tees were nice for $79 a pop, still fit like a tent on me. new leather bomber was in, kinda rick inspired with ribbed inserts and made from a fairly decent soft lightweight leather in black and a drkshdw-esque colour. heaps of other pieces that I hadn't seen before as well, nothing I would cop though.

This is slightly off-topic but I would still appreciate any input.

Has anyone came across any particularly nice iphone cases recently? Otherwise, where will be a good place to find them in Melbourne?

Thanks for the help, I'm new to town.

Chinatown would be the place i guess. I've looked at chinatown to find iphone cases. But I personally found them really expensive for the given quality. I dropped few bucks off ebay eventually

Incu's sale has been pretty good. Close to 3 months and they had a RO plain button-down to $150.

What's a good place to look for sunglasses in the city?Not really interested in the soulless franchises.

Happyspace, you could try Incase stuff from http://www.80spurple.com/shop/category/4550/iphone-ipod-laptop-gear.

Beware that 80SP product shots are pretty misleading as to colour/texture (too much PP).

new leather bomber was in, kinda rick inspired with ribbed inserts and made from a fairly decent soft lightweight leather in black and a drkshdw-esque colour.

With regards to this, how similar is the new bomber to the aw09 one , does it have a detachable hood as well? The ribbed inserts are a bit of a bummer though, thought they would drop it for aw10

I been reading through some threads about leather mostly, wanted something in the 600-800ish AUD range

Another query when do you guys think v&v will have more stock, i just found out about them and was crushed to find most of the stuff from collection one was sold out

Sorry for having such hipster/newb questions but you guys are very knowledgeable :D

Also first time poster , big time lurker :P

welcome minfisher. keep posting.

while we're on the topic of CM can someone tell me how the sizing goes. i assume id be an Small but im unsure. i want to put up a WTB thread for some of the items that i missed from SS09. and does anyone know if the melbourne store still has the SS09 black linen/cotton hooded coat. it came in only a month or so ago.

similarish minefisher, it has a detachable hood like all the previous iterations. I'd wait till V&V shows it's new collection though.;)

wept the city store had the black hooded anorak when I was in the other day, didn't try it on but the other size S pieces still fit huge on me.