australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

thanks for the heads up rob, definitely sounds like the SS09 collection. odd that they would receive a collection from 2 seasons back, will still check it out as the only pieces I've handled are the ones I purchased and the left overs at isetan.

re: LEFT & chiodo the official _7 website is update all the time these days so if they're not listed as a stockist then they're just blowing smoke. the asian dude at chiodo seemed really keen on julius, spoke to me about the label a while ago when he recognised my gasmask bag. when I spoke to the ladies at EM a couple of weeks back they didn't give the impression that they'd be dropping julius any time soon...

ann asymm cardi is really nice, would cop if not for sizing issues. so-ang warned me it fits particularly big (ie. XXS was too large for him), perhaps you'd be best of with a XXS unless you're going for a fairly oversized fit?

Actually, i dont even know if there may be any AW09 items even.. I guess it's a little wiser not stocking any AW09 since they are on sale elsewhere.

Anyway, I have to say it's an amazing collection, there's alot of pieces I handle, I really dig them.

this is the belt I freakin love on sight.. haha

img0003.jpg

true. they must have done the order a hell of a long time ago and just got them to hold back the shipment (EM doesn't like receiving too much at once, hence why they intentionally stagger the arrival of different designers), the cut off for production of that collection would have been around a year ago now.

(for me anyway) SS09 was one of their weaker collections, more of an international introduction of the label than anything with a lot of rehashes (leather and fabrics were a bit of a mixed bag compared with earlier collections and the fantastic FW09 collection). some nice more experimental pieces in there though like the leather & fabric combination jackets & coats and the waxed leather and cut & sewn pieces (word of warning that the waxed tees and singlets were a bit of a flawed concept, as the waxed finish diminishes after a few washes and you can't really wear a tee more than a couple of times between washes...).

only pieces I have from SS09 is the zippered cardi and the tall engineers, the hook belt is dope if you can pull it off though so I think you should cop. ;)

that's weird, my prior conversation with lucy and stephen was that they are expecting the AW collection, even at that time stephen attached the aw09 jut picture and emailed to me and expect shipment in last november.

anyway, well i am glad that finally there is julius in melbourne. heh

Yeh I agree that SS09 was one of the weaker collections.. Completely understandable though I guess:confused: I like that zippered cardi D! A personal fav of mine.. I don't understand why EM would be getting this stuff so late.. I mean how many people cop this stuff with no idea about it? I guess most people that shop at EM. I still remember how one of the SA's at Assin thought I was stupid when I mentioned that the Dior they got in was so old and tried to convince me that it was the latest.. I guess that kinda crap would work with most people. Anyway I will agree and I suppose EM know what they are doing. But sooooo late... The leathers were especially weak in ss09.. IMO. From what I saw anyway:o

Fen from memory that belt really doesn't even act like a belt, it kinda hangs loose around the waist even in size 1.. Did it fit you ok? Maybe I am mistaken.. To me it seemed more of an accessory than a functioning belt.

Went to em today again and meet Stephen about a potential project. Anyway, they are not 100% they will b stocking Julius aw09. Things have been flying off the rack today however, a dude kopped a few basics, and then another older guy got the leather coat. The belt doesn't look like a belt but it has holes to adjust the circumference to function like a belt, looks like I am on another ccp hauling spree again...

Yeh I agree that SS09 was one of the weaker collections.. Completely understandable though I guess:confused: I like that zippered cardi D! A personal fav of mine.. I don't understand why EM would be getting this stuff so late.. I mean how many people cop this stuff with no idea about it? I guess most people that shop at EM. I still remember how one of the SA's at Assin thought I was stupid when I mentioned that the Dior they got in was so old and tried to convince me that it was the latest.. I guess that kinda crap would work with most people. Anyway I will agree and I suppose EM know what they are doing. But sooooo late... The leathers were especially weak in ss09.. IMO. From what I saw anyway:o .

Their julius stock was separated into 2 racks, the first one that i mentioned earlier was more of the men section, however there are some more at the women side, which consists mostly drapey shirts and layerings.

They also got a couple of julius suit, i saw a size 1.

I did ask them again, why so late.. well, it seems like it's their choice, Julius to them does not fit into the current EM aesthetics, but there will be a surprise in 2010 or maybe 2011 which I don't think I can say it yet.

^hint.. past few pages...... too much stuff to carry today, so I left it there and will pick them up the next time i dropby..

I even brought my ccp leather to let them inspect, told them I did not get any hanger with it... but Lucy was soooo awesome enough to give me a ccp dustbag and a ccp hanger. :)

I don't understand why EM would be getting this stuff so late.. I mean how many people cop this stuff with no idea about it? I guess most people that shop at EM. I still remember how one of the SA's at Assin thought I was stupid when I mentioned that the Dior they got in was so old and tried to convince me that it was the latest.. I guess that kinda crap would work with most people. Anyway I will agree and I suppose EM know what they are doing. But sooooo late... The leathers were especially weak in ss09.. IMO. From what I saw anyway:o

Well, you are somewhat right actually, but meeting ppl in EM, can be a surprise,

For example the dude who kopped the _7 basic at EM retail today, he read SZ alot, knows CCP and Carpe diems extremely well, his prolly the most steeziest highschool boy i seen in Melb yet, was rocking a ma+ aviator too.

Is the name Matt? Please post if you are lurking ... and thanks for affirmation about the AtelierNY-CCP "On Demand" collection, and the (heresay) origin of CCP's SAFE.

please expand upon this.. I was thinking about this the other day.

We were talking about CCP's sense of humor.

Well, Atelier once received their CCP with the word "On-Demand" branded, which is unusual as CCP usually don't brand their collection's name.. It was said something along about Atelier was being pushy about some CCP exclusives, or something.

As for SAFE, there was one season CCP almost skipped, don't know which, but it was said his research were stolen, since then, he started labeling SAFE afterwards.

Stephen also talked about the CCP's mysterious website. Which he lost the password few years ago.....

Apparently, it was believed that every buyers may be given a unique password, and when they access the website, there will be alot of the rules and regulations, copyrights infringement reading.. etc.. then they can see list of items and codes of what they may order for the season, it was believed that what items have been viewed, and how long they spend viewing.. IP address.. all these will be recorded into a database.

CCP are extremely protective of his stuff.. and being copied. haha

Also, CCP's object dye technique, it is specially developed by CCP himself, thus sometimes the given effect/colour cannot be duplicated and seen anywhere else other than in CCP.

Well again, don't take what we discuss are as facts.. but anyway, it was interesting discussion with them nevertheless..

nice cop fen, thank for taking the temptation away(ccp drop crotch) as I can't be sure how long I could resist if I keep seeing it at EM. Sounds like an very interesting discussion u have there with everyone,wish I was there to join in haha. Was actually wanting to visit EM this afternoon but didn't get time to go, half of julius would probably be gone by the time I manage make it there....

^ well, a size 46 (your size) dropcrotch are still available dude... ahaha! kop chin..

Matt(?) saw me trying on the 48 and he immediately took a pair 46 and tried it as well... funny. ha

yeah, i actually thought of the black tornado pants tho, but figure it's just look like another regular slim fit hmm.

half of julius would probably be gone by the now I manage make it there....

Hmm, well, moving slowly... won't say they are moving quickly. haha.. dunno why, I really like what they have in this collection, despite u guys said it's weak.

Was just trying the Julius drapey stuff on me... was looking at the mirror.. and then, Lucy straight away take them off from me and told me I better stick to CCP. HAHA

Hmm, well, moving slowly... won't say they are moving quickly. haha.. dunno why, I really like what they have in this collection, despite u guys said it's weak.

Was just trying the Julius drapey stuff on me... was looking at the mirror.. and then, Lucy straight away take them off from me and told me I better stick to CCP. HAHA

Haha, that happened to me when I was trying CCP leather jacket on.

How is the pricing on the Julius basics?

200ish? which is really not that bad, i think.

Fen I found the post I was looking for earlier. Have a look!

5 posts from the bottom and under.

Also here is the one in reference to the following collections which he didn't actually do technically as you can see..

and the boots in question;)

Also the safe reference.. I'll get back to you:o

awesome research man! that's a long ass thread, need to find some time to read em all.