australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

How is the pricing on the Julius basics?

200ish? which is really not that bad, i think.

Fen I found the post I was looking for earlier. Have a look!

5 posts from the bottom and under.

Also here is the one in reference to the following collections which he didn't actually do technically as you can see..

and the boots in question;)

Also the safe reference.. I'll get back to you:o

awesome research man! that's a long ass thread, need to find some time to read em all.

Checked out EM today, the Julius prices are very good. WAY better than other stockists outside Japan. Bought the black damaged waxed tank which looks so awesome worn, not as slim fitting as ribbed tanks but still very slim, needed to get it in size 4. Thinking about getting the black shredded hem ribbed long sleeve but the Archives pics of the new 2010SS shredded hem basics look nicer, bigger shreds, so I'm still thinking about waiting for them and seeing if they release in long sleeve or not. Tried on the twisted black waxed denim which were really nice too and only $650. Also tried on the CCP Spiral Chain seam jeans but they were very uncomfortable on me, the cutting just isn't right for me and they are super stiff.

is the SS of claude Maus in stores now? i was looking at their website and just wondered. From the lookbook shots there are some nice pieces. love this look, it pushes me to try the leggings over shorts look that ive thought about trying for awhile.

claud1.jpgclaud2s.jpg

2.jpg

checked out the julius collection at EM this morning. interesting buy with a lot of more unconventional pieces like the leather/fabric drape coat, cotton/nylon suit, combat vest, and the waffle pieces (glad I've never bought any online now tbh...). still believe that the fabrics and leathers used for SS09 weren't quite of the same standard of other collections, with both the jersey and ribbed fabrics and leathers feeling inferior to similar pieces from other seasons (eg. the lamb leather was drier and thinner feeling with less depth to the colour, and the cow leather felt fairly thin and cheap compared to the heavy duty leather from AW08 and AW09).

Hey I was wondering if any of you guys living in Melbourne can help me out. I'm moving to Melbourne in late February, going to be attending RMIT for architecture. I have never been to Melbourne before and I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some info on the different areas of the city and where I should be looking for apartments. I found a couple places in Carleton on Leicester St and in North Melbourne on Elizabeth St. But I have no idea what those areas are like, I just know there about a 10min walk to campus. If anyone can put me in the right direction that would be great. Or if any of you know someone looking for a roommate that would be helpful aswell. Thanks.

Carlton, Fitzroy, and North Melbourne are all on the north side of the city and are good places to live.

If you want to find something further out, try North Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, South Melbourne.

All of those places are closer than most students probably live to RMIT.

Culturally, I would prefer to live in Fitzroy / Collingwood, but it really depends on what you are in to.

any of you guys know any good eye glasses stores? not looking for specsavers etc, more higher quality frames and limited runs?

only now resigning myself to the fact that im fucking blind and need glasses after 3 years or so lol

last time I looked for glasses the only 2 decent places I found in the city were C20/20 near the upstairs foodcourt in MC and occhio in the GPO which has since relocated to QV. not sure if I should get another pair of glasses next time or bite the bullet and get laser surgery, my prescription hasn't changed for over 5 years now...