australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

best places for malaysian food in Melbourne? I know this topic has been done to death but the thread search function doesn't work properly anymore and there are more malaysian dudes who are active posters now.

tried the nasi lemak @ nasi lemak house around the corner from EM a while back, not bad but I prefer malay style with a boiled egg rather than indo style with a well cooked fried egg. been meaning to try mycube around the corner, also has any one tried old town kopitiam in chinatown or QV?

some laksa reviews here, haven't tried the 3 highest rated places but will do when I have a chance. always kinda disregarded chilli padi as I thought it might be too westernised but I'll probably give them a go.

Holy fuck the weather was crazy yesterday. My balcony was literally filled by 6cm thick of hails and water. The southern cross station roof broke! Someone gotta fix that asap lol.

IMO, the best nasi lemak i've tried so far is old kopitiam at china town. Comes with extraordinarily delicious sambal. Undefeated. The nasi lemak house in the other corner of EM is not bad though

Hope everyone survived the mini cyclone.. my friends driving back from the airport had their front window smashed! insaane.

fahion/shopping unrelated, but I went and saw Mortal Engine on friday night. absolutely blown away. it's only on until the 13th but I highly recommend checking it out if you can find the time.

1379_gallasch_mortal1.jpg

Best place for Malaysia for me is definitely "coconut house" on the top end of elizabeth street.CANNOT have enough laksa and bbq chicken rice from there, they are if not as good, or even better than some I had back in Malaysia!But the restaurant is currently going through renovation at them moment, should be reopened by end of this month.

Another one I tend to go these days is "old town" in QV, i personally prefer it than the one in chinatown.Nice variety of food from typical breakfast like kaya toast to different style of roti as well as classic dishes like maggi mee goreng or pan mee. Really good beverage menu too, in fact i just had cincau there this afternoon, not bad!

best places for malaysian food in Melbourne? I know this topic has been done to death but the thread search function doesn't work properly anymore and there are more malaysian dudes who are active posters now.

tried the nasi lemak @ nasi lemak house around the corner from EM a while back, not bad but I prefer malay style with a boiled egg rather than indo style with a well cooked fried egg. been meaning to try mycube around the corner, also has any one tried old town kopitiam in chinatown or QV?

some laksa reviews here, haven't tried the 3 highest rated places but will do when I have a chance. always kinda disregarded chilli padi as I thought it might be too westernised but I'll probably give them a go.

speaking of food joints, has any one been to the chinese noodle shop on Rathdowne near college square? I've been craving chinese noodles lately and heard that it is good. The window and shop design always makes me think it will be amazing, but am scared of disappointment. :P

any of you guys know good tattoo artists/places in melb? really looking to get my first this year, early stages of researching designs and places

check out chapel st tattoo in prahran/windsor or tattoo magic on gertrude st. Those two places are usually regarded as the better places to go

hey all melbournians, I'm coming down from sydney for the easter long weekend and wonder what are the "must go" shops, I already have stuff like assin, claude Maus and Eastern Market on my list, any help would be awesome.

Any resturant suggestions would be awesome too

sorry for the nobbie question.

cheers all