australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

I'm really keen to see the Elena Dawson stuff when it comes in, now, but no more clothes till after holiday

Anyway, i end up biting the bullet getting the last pair of white sneaks from campbell.. beating myself for losing out a good deal.... cant miss this last pair anymore.. really wanting some heavy weight l/s shirts/knits. volgavolga or lucs too.

Suddenly another grail come to my knowledge, a ccp OD taped full suit! all in my size too. :D new job suppose to start next week, but new boss ask me start today ASAP!! Need suit. Not enough $$

I am/used to manage stores - hospitality, can say I am also a sushi chef, lol.. I don't think I will fully leave that place, too much love.. will work there on weekends few hours.. I am not going to say where is it.. tho. :o

But I did some freelancing on design-related for awhile.

And now got a position as creative designer/director in an international company. So yeah, I am stoked in someway, I get to travel more now...especially they got an office in Malaysia. miss my parents heaps.. :D and of course can't wait the opportunity to travel to Europe/US under expense of the company

Congrats man, sounds like a great position. One thing with working in the US, we missed out on a 3 month project there because there is a requirement that you have worked in the company for at least one year before you can get a work/business visa there. :/

Nah. It isn't durable. Afaik, it will decay when wash, pieces of tapes will come off, and beneath the taped seam i believe it will reveal it's reinforced traditional stitching/flat lock.

I think, the whole taping concept, another form/iteration of overlocking/chainseam/inviseam.

noob question:

did N(n) make pants with the thigh darting or are they only on the jeans. i ask as ive found a pair of N(n)'s, with darting but they are listed as pants. I want jeans not pants. i get the feeling they are just mislabled.

121-441BK.jpg

wow nice jacket! excuse my ignorance but who is it by??

The arj campaign shots also look great, any ideas where they will be stocked in melbourne??

Pandemonium as for retail work at the moment, my understanding is that its probably not the best time for people to be hiring. Sales are down across the board and foot traffic, customer spend etc is also down and estimated to be down for a large part of this year. You could send me your resume i am can forward it on to head office at fat (where i work) but i really cant make any promises. Closer to the end of year is probably a better time for jobs in retail.

Edit: Obviously only if fat sits inside your definition of dignified :)

congrats arj, I like the feel of the shots. are the hats and other accessories part of the range too?

Dave yes the hat is a part of the collection. He's gone all out with accessories this season, all of which have been made here in Australia (more info on a collab to come).

arj campaign shots also look great, any ideas where they will be stocked in melbourne??

he's currently in talks with a few select stores here - right now it's all about Arj finding the best store he feels will compliment his brand.

dignified enough. i was at the point where i was considering dangerfield. lol. but i don't have any fashion experience. i suppose i'll have to write up a resume for this purpose though... except i really have no idea how to write one. will hit you up on this some time though.

thanks man.

Pandemonium as for retail work at the moment, my understanding is that its probably not the best time for people to be hiring. Sales are down across the board and foot traffic, customer spend etc is also down and estimated to be down for a large part of this year. You could send me your resume i am can forward it on to head office at fat (where i work) but i really cant make any promises. Closer to the end of year is probably a better time for jobs in retail.

hey jackg, do you mind if i hit you up with a resume as well?

looking for a second job to keep throughout uni -- getting really sick of hospitality and such :(

it would be really appreciated, thanks

btw pande, finishing exams tomorrow too. anyone down for sufu melb meetup sometime? be good to meet you guys over the holidays

^fuuck, im going to sydney with a few friends from the 29th june to 2nd july

wait till after then !

I'm always up to meet people, let me know.

You still riding seksu?

hell yeah haha

well, not as much as of late cos im in the middle of exams at the moment plus the shitty weather, but whenever i get the chance i ride

got my friend into bikes and my gf as well to get to uni and stuff, so probably will be riding a tonne over the holidays

Yeah thats fine seksu, but i really cant make any promises. Especially considering its coming into to uni holidays and most people already at fat are after more shifts. My email is:

[email protected]

034936 in terms of things to do, i dont actually live in Melbourne proper anymore, but here are the first ones that spring to mind:

- visit the ngv gallery, and the offshoot in Fed Square

- try and check out this gallery in the old ksubi store on high st, currently showing The Lovers (works by Ilya Milstein), which is really incredible

- do brunsiwck st

- go up to the top of the eureka tower

- run the tan

- go have dinner/drinks at the Toff in Town and Cookie

- catch a film at the Astor Cinema on chapel st

- have dinner at yu-u on flinders lane

- go bar hopping in the city, try sister bellas, super club, toff, cookie,

- check out the PAM store in curtain house

- go down to the Mornington peninsula (where i live), maybe go have lunch at one of the nice wineries, do the ashcombe maze, and go for a surf if your water inclined, the waves have been pretty good of late

For good beers, try the local tap house in st Kilda, and definitely go have dinner and beers at the little creatures dining hall on Brunswick st

I’ll keep my thinking cap on mate....