australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

JL are well cut and cheap, especially when they're discounted. +J suits fit surprisingly well and are fantastic quality for the price, given I don't need to wear a suit to work that often I couldn't justify buying a cheap suit though (hate poly lining :o).

I have a Lad Musician and Julius MA suit, if you're going for a more casual vibe then Lad would definitely work. Julius suits are a lot more dressy/formal, tbh I prefer wearing my Lad suit. the suits that both labels produce are of impeccable quality (fully canvased, pick stitched lapels, etc.).

Thanks guys.

Will have a browse SAA tomorrow, I think they are only stocked at FAT4 in Melbourne? Their official site doesn't have a listing for VIC : \

So there are no stockist for +J, Lad in Melbourne huh? Will look into them. Anymore recommendation? Something available in Melbourne?

Thanks guys.

Will have a browse SAA tomorrow, I think they are only stocked at FAT4 in Melbourne? Their official site doesn't have a listing for VIC : \

So there are no stockist for +J, Lad in Melbourne huh? Will look into them. Anymore recommendation? Something available in Melbourne?

Fat currently doesn't have any SAA suiting, there were a couple of jacket floating around but i am pretty sure they have all been sold. They should be getting more in over the next couple of months, and i can let you know when that happen if you want....

Buy yourself a plane ticket to Vietnam. Get a suit made to measure in day. Fly back. Works for me. :D

In all seriousness though, JL makes decently cut items. Not substantial, but definitely value for money. I wouldn't get any of the more steezy brand suits...after all...it's work.

Whatever suit you pick up, make sure you pick up extra pants of whatever jacket you get. You'll be rotating you suit pants but not necessarily the blazer. Some people have this rule where they don't ever wear a suit jacket unless its with the same pants. So it's always the same color or some shit... :\

You may be interested in these Nick. May affect for the ones who are currently awaiting for their PR to be finalized

Quote from immigration website:

On 26 May 2010 the Migration Amendment (Visa Capping) Bill 2010 (the 'Bill') was introduced into the Parliament. The legislation seeks to fine tune existing laws to provide the Government with a tool for the targeted management of all aspects of the migration program.

The Migration Act 1958 currently provides the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship with the power to cap and terminate all applications for a certain class or subclass of visa. The new Bill proposes to allow the Minister to cap and terminate applications based on certain objective characteristics, rather than having to cap an entire subclass or class of visas.

Example: The Minister could limit the number of General Skilled Migration visas that may be granted in a financial year to applicants who have nominated particular occupations, to ensure the General Skilled Migration program is able to deliver the broad range of skills the Australian economy will need in the medium to long-term.

The Bill is not currently operative and no actual cap is being considered at present. This Bill seeks only to give the Minister the power to implement a cap in future if necessary.

Note: Under the Bill it is proposed that if a student visa holder lodges an application for a General Skilled Migration visa and their General Skilled Migration visa application is subsequently subject to a decision to cap and terminate, this will not affect their student visa.

Further reading here

Kuu - they might be getting in more Claude Maus pieces shortly if I'm not mistaken?

I think we'll be one of the first few labels that will be delivering Summer pieces tbh. Our delivery will start around late August. However, if you're interested in any of our pieces - let FT know and as soon as we get them back from the makers, I'll make sure we send it your way immediately.

They'll be carrying nearly the entire collection... just PM me if you need any info :)

Kuu - they might be getting in more Claude Maus pieces shortly if I'm not mistaken?

I think we'll be one of the first few labels that will be delivering Summer pieces tbh. Our delivery will start around late August. However, if you're interested in any of our pieces - let FT know and as soon as we get them back from the makers, I'll make sure we send it your way immediately.

They'll be carrying nearly the entire collection... just PM me if you need any info :)

Cheers Melv, as I'm definitely interested in getting a few pieces. But why do you refuse me from trying it on? WHY!? :mad:

I'll let you know what happens. Not in dire need of cash, but it just feels stupid to have my money waiting around doing nothing as store credit.