Boots

ok

are there any lace up boots out there with a narrower toe? i'd never get a pair of cdiems because they're way too blunt for my tastes. i quite liked those mihara yasuhiro lace ups from fall, but they were kinda grey, rather than black. and atelier is sold out anyway!

Get em in Japan then.

my83121100_blk_1.jpg

my83121100_blk_2.jpg

To be honest, the pointy boot look is really played out in Japan now. Thanks to Alfredo Bannister, Tornado Mart, et. al. But it shold still have life back in the states.

Saucemaster on style forum picked em' up on sale and they look pretty good in fit pics. Don't know about sizing/quality but if the price is right they look solid worn.

looks like barneys recently stocked up on officine, im considering rokobopping the work boots

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/category.s?categoryId=557667

Skip it. I'll take some pictures, but they're cheaply glued soles. I got two pairs on sale beginning of this month, going to have to take one to a cobbler already because the toe is coming off the sole after 2 days of wearing them.

The Mihara Yasuhiro lace ups are also at the Archive in SF.

thanks for the advice theetruscan, i'll opt for a pair of kenneth cole's on sale down the street, sounds like the quality is about the same and ill still be able to pay rent

Wanted to follow up. I like the aesthetic:

2215422642_05bb2f1899.jpg

2214630457_257b438acf.jpg

2214631477_27ec5ab022.jpg

But these have been worn two days and the inside of the toe box is coming off the sole, so much for the visible stitching on the bottom of the sole:

2215422260_c0cc8584d9.jpg

They appear to be cheaply, and poorly, glued construction selling for about the price of alden shell cordovan boots. Course, at $180 on sale, I can't really complain, but these are NOT worth the retail price, or even half off.

I dont think it's rare that they ship. But if you ordered the charcoal butteros, prerpare for getting the wrong kind in the mail. Apparantly their in-house SKUs got mixed up for those and some scrunchy top butteros.

Unless they fixed that problem already.

I def got the wrong ones ... scrunchy tops. :mad:

Back to searching for something close to cdiems or

just get the butteros for $500 (+ fees) off rakuten. It's

just hard paying that much when Barney's had 'em for $200.

I def got the wrong ones ... scrunchy tops. :mad:

Back to searching for something close to cdiems or

just get the butteros for $500 (+ fees) off rakuten. It's

just hard paying that much when Barney's had 'em for $200.

i got the wrong ones too, but i had ordered the brown suede work boots and got those ugly srunchy top ones instead... you think after so many people got the wrong item and returned them Barney's would have sorted it out by now.. their webstore is by far the worst example of e-commerce i have dealt with.

I just got a pair of Augusta Shell Cordovan black laceups. So far I really like them. Its interesting, there is another thread (shoes that look better with age) where everyone is really geeked over Alden Shell Cordovan, and those type of boots, but this thread doesn't seem into the Alden/White's old school style, preferring more fashion forward stuff.

I like both, and I could see what Chris meant when he said he was looking for an alternative to CDiem. Augusta seems like that, if you can find them on sale, at least.

By the way I really like Chris's Ann D boots in supermarket now, sadly I'm probably too big for them, but they are a good option for anyone looking for nice black ankle boots with laces.

Posting pics of Augsta's soon

Those that dig leather boots will love our next store (named Patina) opening this Spring, very close to Self Edge. We're taking boot making and production back to the true art form it is.