Boots

ok

Hey Jimmyc, how's the W+H sizes, I've heard that they run slightly big? Can't decide whether 10 will be to small for me or not. :(

They do run about a half size too big. They fit fine though. They were so hard to come by I didn't want to get a pair that were too small, return them, and then find they sold out.

That's what happened to Beatle. She ordered a pair from the same place as me (Peasant) got the wrong size and they were sold out before she could get it corrected.

What do you motorbike riders wear? I'm wearing the ones I currently have out and am not too keen on the sporty looking Puma boots and such. I wonder if I should start a motorbike boot thread.

Engineer boots.

hdbootssc4.jpg

LOL i just imagined a guy in engineer boots, jeans, laether jacket riding a ducati

Well, it kinda works with a Monster or one of the Sport/GT 1000's. I ride a S2R and don't get all Sport bike nerded out on mine anyways.

Jimmy, there was a guy near Austin selling a Sport 1000 w. super low miles for a good price. Be careful though, a lot of them end up needing a valve rebuild. PM me if you want.

They do run about a half size too big. They fit fine though. They were so hard to come by I didn't want to get a pair that were too small, return them, and then find they sold out.

That's what happened to Beatle. She ordered a pair from the same place as me (Peasant) got the wrong size and they were sold out before she could get it corrected.

It would be of great help to me if you just could tell the approx length of you foot. I'm quite sure that the 10's will fit me but I'll be sad if they don't.

It would be of great help to me if you just could tell the approx length of you foot. I'm quite sure that the 10's will fit me but I'll be sad if they don't.

My BSB's are size 11. They measure 13 1/3" from toe to heal.

My foot is 11 1/2 inches from toe to heal.

I would imagine the boots in size 10 would fit like 10 1/2 to 11.

Hope that helps

My BSB's are size 11. They measure 13 1/3" from toe to heal.

My foot is 11 1/2 inches from toe to heal.

I would imagine the boots in size 10 would fit like 10 1/2 to 11.

Hope that helps

Cheers man!

My bigger foot (should be kopping one 10 and one 11 lol) is 11" and I've had some mail conversation with the seller that told me the insole is about 12" which seems to be correct judging by the measurements you posted. I hate being a borderline case but I think I might have to pull the trigger on these.

• 2 weeks later...

So, according to the Black Bird website, Wings+Horn took leather boots, soaked them (doesn't say in what), tied them into a ball and let them dry to get that look and texture.

Do you think that could be replicated with another pair of boots, say, the APCs? Soak 'em in water, tightly tie them up and let 'em dry?

Or is that a potential disaster?

Them Wings+Horns is nice.

Do you think that could be replicated with another pair of boots, say, the APCs? Soak 'em in water, tightly tie them up and let 'em dry?

Or is that a potential disaster?

Disaster. I've seen and had a plenty of leather boots that have been put underwater and they don't turn out pretty (I used to go fishing in rivers and streams a lot). It would be even worse if the boots you tried these on were put together with glue and/or used materials on the inside and footbed which could fall apart. I think the best way to replicate the W+H service boots is to buy a nicely made similar looking pair, wear them a lot, avoid using shoe trees too much, and maybe tie them up when you're not wearing them.

What are these/where can I get em?

Robert Geller FW08. They are all leather with leather laces and will come in black and brown. From what I've seen they are pretty simple boots... the brown version look a lot like Aldens. Also they weren't picked up by many stores so if you are really keen on them I would keep a close eye and email RG about stockists. (Info courtesy of Mouko)

• 2 weeks later...

I own several pair of APC boots and shoes. They are all well made and have held up to regular wear pretty well. If you try them on and like how they fit then it's up to you whether they are worth 200euro or not. I would say they are worth the money but there are other alternatives that are cheaper also.

check out the buttero black boots at Barneys