diddy?

cheep

^i agree to some extent

i think mods who dont participate in discussion have less at stake when the shit hits the fan. in that way, they are given much more deference

while i dont think the regular poster/mod combination is impossible, it certainly makes things more complicated

edit: post was originally pointed at jmatsu's

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think minya managed to do this pretty well.

true, even though i got into it with him about banning westside, he was a pretty good moderator. than again he never really converses about regular issues nor post fits anymore.

^i agree to some extent

i think mods who dont participate in discussion have less at stake when the shit hits the fan. in that way, they are given much more deference

while i dont think the regular poster/mod combination is impossible, it certainly makes things more complicated

edit: post was originally pointed at jmatsu's

i also agree with: i think mods who dont participate in discussion have less at stake when the shit hits the fan. in that way, they are given much more deference

it's obvious to anyone. we can compare the commentary/overattitudes of moderators or participate and others who don't. the ones who get just as stupid as the rest of us are plain as day.

i think it is made possible by the higher powers (it being the poster/mod combo).

true, even though i got into it with him about banning westside, he was a pretty good moderator. than again he never really converses about regular issues nor post fits anymore.

As much as I like wEstSidE, I did agree with the trash-partial ban--though I hoped it was for only a week or 2. I was kinda ridiculous that it was kept for as long as it was.

So diddys gone? Thats a great shame, I feel many valuable, highly contributive posters are leaving and I must admit im less and less impressed by the conduct of people around here. Infact, I recently PMd diddy regarding some offensive homophobic comments that were made. He locked the thread and pretty soon a second thread was started where certain users actually insinuated that he was a "nazi" by stopping them from throwing insult around such as "homo" and "faggot".... reading this thread I honestly could not believe the opinions being displayed, let alone the hypocrisy! I empathised with poor diddy, he tried to stop some pretty offensive remarks ( that were obviously in violation of the RULES ) being made and after doing so people happily joined in at calling him a "nazi".... I bet it felt like banging his head against a brick wall, he did the right thing in regard to the rules and in relation to helping others and all he got was flak.

I understand, trash is a place for users to have fun and mess around in etc but I cant help but feel its becoming more and more mindless, with people posting three of four posts in a row, just to express themselves through mindless phrases mostly consisting of 'Z's and 'I's.... I dont expect trash to be full of intelligent conversation, but sometimes I feel it really does desend into utter nonsense, literally. I collossal waste of cyberspace in my opinion! I dont mind in-jokes, silly one liners, oblique references and absurd picture posts but sometimes threads contain none of these things- just nonsense.... and whats worse, its spilling over into other forums, for example a few members started yapping away about god knows what in the "what are you reading" thread, they were not talking about books and wasted a good 2 pages by themselves with their incoherent and nonsensical blathering. I cant help but feel this is really discouraging valuable members ( e.g. ringring, diddy, seraphim, etc ) from posting anything of any worth or use to anyone because their post will just be smothered in nonsense. A good example of this would be when Seraphim posted a great link to an economist article in a recent thread. Sometimes I think monkey's have accounts, some threads being started are worse than SPAM, at least Spam is trying to advertise or sell something. Whatever happened to the witty, fun and LEGIBLE trash of old???

Im sorry if this posts offends anyone ( somehow I feel the people im criticising wont have read this far ) but I thought I had to at least say my piece. I watched diddy and serphim and countless others get ripped by others without posting.

I feel SuFu is at a crossroads, what used to be a valuable source of info on niche products and fashions is slowly turning into a playground for people uninterested in the purpose it was created for - or rather the crap and nonsense is clouding and smothering the intended subjects of discussion.

I guess SuFu's fate is up to the masses, which ever way it goes many will migrate to better suited places to either shoot shit and waffle nonesense or discuss and post intelligently about things of interest and worth.

that's why we've got issues. i doubt any indvidual can turn off the emotional button, and flip on the objective one in perfect synch. if only you would at the very least admit this, that would be HUGE coming from some one like you. that would be the first step, and i could support it. anyway... useless talking to you, cause it's obivous that you want to have your cake and eat it 2. nothing personal, i just find that juggling the both are impossible and unfair no matter how you try to justify shit.

I believe I'm capable of being objective and I'm perfectly fine with that, as is majority of the users here. if there were constant complaints, I would possibly be concerned, but considering theres pretty much one person who is worried about my ability to moderate, I don't feel like theres any relevant problem here.

considering I'm someone who removes posts and gives warning to users, of course theres going to be people agitated by this. but in all honesty, there are very few users here who have problems with my means of moderating. you're the only one clearly obsessed with the issue, and I don't believe your capable of considering this objectively at all.

I don't lose sleep over an internet forum, don't worry :)

exactly. many seem to jump to conclusion that it was single thing that got some users banned, but its not. the quality of supertrash has gone absolutely down the drain. the general attitude and behaviour is driving contributing users away.

I'm trying to figure out why I struggle with this statement and I just can't quite put my finger on it...

considering I'm someone who removes posts and gives warning to users, of course theres going to be people agitated by this. but in all honesty, there are very few users here who have problems with my means of moderating. you're the only one clearly obsessed with the issue, and I don't believe your capable of considering this objectively at all.

I don't lose sleep over an internet forum, don't worry :)

no one is agitated with your likes when you moderate properly. it's when you don't.

alot of it is the way you moderate and your casual/seemingly biased non moderator attitude. i don't think your objective alot of the time. that is all. am i not allowed to say this? like i mentioned i am not obssessed with the issue, i just feel it needs adressing and this greatly amuses me. is that okay with you, moderator?

sure, you're allowed to say something like that, I just don't think you're able to think objectively about it.

you're the moderator. you're in and enjoy a position that demands objectivity. i don't believe that you can perform objectively about shit all the time/when it does not suite your agenda/emotions. that is all. i, on the other hand, can do whatever i want as long as it does not tarnish the sufu machine or piss off an emotional moderator.

why was i targeted?

oh yes because of the way i typed. now you're going to say something about standard english, right? this isn't france, we can communicate however we'd like. i chose african american vernacular. i don't think i would have felt the same animosity if i typed normally.

that's right, you're all goddamn racists for hAtIn wEn ppLz TyP lyK dizzz

this is especially obvious when you compare my posts across forums. i am the same person everyday when i wake up, don't tell me i am dumber here than on StyleForum just because i chose to type a certain way. i preferred this forum because i had some degree of freedom of expression, unlike the naziforums that are SZ or TFS. well if that's gone, then i'm gone.

He's racist because he objected to your use of "african american vernacular"? so youre saying that afr americans type or talk like that? what youre doing is an equivalent to blackface: aping or mimicking a vile racial stereotype for public consumption. typing like that doesnt make you cool and your charge of racism sounds ridiculous.

Its noobs like this that are ruining this forum.

tg called it right .. i find the typing annoying but i didnt really give a fuck ...

my view on the matter is that diddy was the trash mod .. he had to do his job at some point or the other ... since you guys were pushing the limit you were bound to get called out on it .. i dont think race had anything to do with it.... but then again thats an easy card to call out.....

tg called it right .. i find the typing annoying but i didnt really give a fuck ...

my view on the matter is that diddy was the trash mod .. he had to do his job at some point or the other ... since you guys were pushing the limit you were bound to get called out on it .. i dont think race had anything to do with it.... but then again thats an easy card to call out.....

well maybe diddy was just in an impossible situation. he was once of the people, but as soon as he became one of the mod-bourgeois, any commoner activity thereafter was slumming.

I cant help but feel this is really discouraging valuable members ( e.g. ringring, diddy, seraphim, etc ) from posting anything of any worth or use to anyone because their post will just be smothered in nonsense. A good example of this would be when Seraphim posted a great link to an economist article in a recent thread. Sometimes I think monkey's have accounts, some threads being started are worse than SPAM, at least Spam is trying to advertise or sell something. Whatever happened to the witty, fun and LEGIBLE trash of old???

I feel SuFu is at a crossroads, what used to be a valuable source of info on niche products and fashions is slowly turning into a playground for people uninterested in the purpose it was created for - or rather the crap and nonsense is clouding and smothering the intended subjects of discussion.

I know I wasn't here for the legendary trash of old where apparently the great satirists of our generation posted, and there was no room for threads about naked myspace girls or threads about why certain members sucked...but I don't see what supertrash getting shitted up has to do with Seraphim's thread getting spammed...if shit like this is going on within the boundaries of the more respectable forums then it's a non issue, and what follows is post deletion/infraction/banning. But when people knowingly engage in a flame war in the trash, who's to say when one party goes to far? I told that upandcoming kid to kill himself in a myriad of ways, but so did a bunch of other people and he simply kept coming back for more. I for one appreciate subtle humour as much as the next, but half of the charm of supertrash is the absolute chaos and absurdity of it all, with the knowledge that (the majority) of posters are actually extremely intelligent human beings with real thoughts and opinions...and anyone moderating with a scrap of intelligence should be able to decipher the difference between malice and a tongue firmly planted in one's cheek. If I honestly felt that upandcoming would end his fucking life over a forum, chances are I wouldn't have advised him to commit suicide. Just as I'm sure mellowbonsai took a little native-bashing with a grain of salt, just as I'm sure whatever jews on this forum don't care when people shit on me for being a jew.

Sufu is still valuable, the whole purpose of the trash is that everything without value is to fall into the collective rubbish heap. As long as it exists to do it's job as such no one has a right to complain about it. Not that I'd ever advocate deletion of this (hilarious) subforum, you either suffer the trash or risk this shit spilling into every other useful aspect of the site.

oh yeah, and its fucking text you twat. westside is not fucking yelling in your ear. never have more people been so arbitrarily annoyed by anything in history as westsides typing. if we banned everyone who annoyed us half the people who post would be gone because everyone is annoying to someone. its the nature of the beast.

dear clopek

i am woman hear me roar

headaches are not just caused by yelling

ok

thanks

Clopek - Good points, personally I think lots of things are done that are pretty inexcusable in my book. Telling people to "go kill" themselves or "go back 2 portland homo"* is very inconsiderate and impossible to feel the intent or tone of. I think any mod has a hard job in telling the difference between irony/sarcasm and snide slightly malicious comments. Think of all the lurkers or noobs who can read these sorts of insults, I expect any insecure or sensitive people could be pretty put off from posting after seeing some threads. Offensive language is easy to spot, offensive intent is impossible... it subjective - so isnt it best to just not use language that could be seen as offensive? Asking people to understand the tone or intent of ones comment is a tall order, this is a totally global, public place, not a bar!

* http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=41837&page=2

anyhow- its not like I have much say in what goes on.

If this all truly was about West's style of writing vs. actual content, then it really reminds of lock step.

I saw earnestness & sincerity and occassionally great analysis & wisdom despite the style of writing, or perhaps highlighted because of it.

Also, I enjoyed both Diddy's & Westside's participation. The 2 of them were my favorite posters. Does this make me severely conflicted? I didn't feel that way.