state your beer, drinkers

Magic Hat #9 is meh.. I haven't ever liked anything by Magic Hat. Anyway, went to the store today to pick up a lot of the Ithaca Brute and they only had 2 bottles left :( Hoping I can find more somewhere else.. kinda made up for it that they just restocked their Cantillon though :D

dscn1513p.jpg

Also trying something new for an every day beer.. IPA/DIPAs every night is starting to get boring. Oh and picked up a new glass :)

Me - NY

Stylish Pilot - Arkansas

(10chars) - midwest I'm assuming?

renski - San Diego

aho - Chicago

Happy Hooligan - ??

zakurie - Norcal

Are the following guys interested?

Just Another XY

youkinorn

twistedtrees

7 for sure, and 3 I think are possibles? Anybody else up for it? Let's get 10 or 12 guys and go at it.

Me - NY

Stylish Pilot - Arkansas

(10chars) - midwest I'm assuming?

renski - San Diego

aho - Chicago

Happy Hooligan - ??

zakurie - Norcal

Are the following guys interested?

Just Another XY

youkinorn

twistedtrees

7 for sure, and 3 I think are possibles? Anybody else up for it? Let's get 10 or 12 guys and go at it.

I'm in Los Angeles....

zakurie- what part of norcal?

Bay Area.

I've got a few good stores to purchase from. Will probably include a bottle of hoppy ending from the palo alto brewing company from their first bottling. Looking forward to getting bottles of their coconut porter soon too.

renski, sweet avatar. is that your dog?

we should have a good turn out with members from different areas, probably just have to remind them to visit this thread again.

it is my dog, for a frenchie...he's pretty good, has just as much energy as medium sized dogs, well he's kind of big for a frenchie too.

I'm drinking the Avery Maharaja Imperial IPA. 10.48% abv and you can def taste it. Not as bitter as a normal IPA because of the sweetness. Overall pretty good.

The Maharaja was okay. I wasn't blown away though.

I'm really interested in trying the recent GABF Pro-Am Competition Gold Medal winner "Red Velvet" from LA's own Eagle Rock... I missed out yesterday on their party, but hope to this weekend try it. Imperial IPA... Anyone try it yet?

I'll join in on the swap if I can get some more details. I'm not sure I have much more of a selection than the rest of you but I know there are a few SouthWest specific brews someone might be itnerested in.

count me in.

ktothe - southwest

Sounds good.. so here's what the updated list of participants looks like:

Me - NY

Stylish Pilot - Arkansas

(10chars) - Midwest

renski - San Diego

ktothe - Southwest

Happy Hooligan - Los Angeles

zakurie - Bay Area

Still only 7, but that's cool. I'm ready to go whenever..

It'd be great if we can pick up one more person right now so everyone has someone to trade with. And then let's pick partners for this first round. The price limit, number of bottles and preferred styles of brews can be discussed between whomever we are partnered with.

I'll state the obvious: Cali folks shouldn't be partnered together.

I was thinking more like a secret santa style swap, but with the organizer making sure logistics work out (with things like you said such as Cali people not being partnered). That way nobody knows what region they'll get beer from, more interesting I think :o

Also, odd numbers can work fine (easy example is if you read down the list with each person sending to the next person, and then you lastly sending back to me). Each person sends to/receives from a different person.

Anyway, we just need somebody willing to figure out all the logistics and contact everybody with what to do. I would volunteer to do this, but I don't have enough time at the moment.

Good ideas! Alright, I volunteer to be the organizer this time. Will everyone send me your email addresses via PM (I will PM you guys as well)?

Let's shoot for a $20 limit on beers plus shipping. Unless you get crazy good rates through your workplace, I recommend shipping vis USPS Priority Mail using a Flat Rate Box. Use lots of bubble wrap and peanuts.

agreed^

I'll make sure Cali people aren't together and we can do certain styles for those participating, maybe a cap at 15-20 dollars so people can get a variety. I'll have to wait until I get back home to start messaging people but 7-8 should be a good turn out. maybe we can start next week and ship out the following.

Ok, zakurie has taken the initiative to organize this thing, sweet :D

Looking forward to the swap! If anybody on the west coast gets me, please send me Pliny or some good sour shit =DDD

Oh and I owe you rep zak, tried to rep but apparently I'm too nice cause I've given out too much in the last 24 hours. Will get you tomorrow.

Man I'd like to do this but the only real brewery we have here that actually bottles and distributes is Diamond Bear. Probably about the only local thing i could get.

There are a few brew pubs, but all the sell is big Growlers and such

I have access to a lot of the Boulevard Smokestack series if anyone is interested in that.