state your beer, drinkers

6a00d8341c630a53ef01310f3ffcd5970c-pi

Eagle Rock Brewery Red Velvet

Please give more info.

EDIT: whoops didnt realize that was a hot link.

I'm going to be back in LA in a few weeks. Any SUFU drinkers down for a good ol' bar hopping session? I havent been to any breweries in the area.

Just had an Ommegeddon, not really taken. The wild plum was a nice touch, but there really wasn't too much yeast funk, and the finish was characteristically flat, which I should have expected from Ommegang.

I have been drinking prodigious amounts of Sierra Nevada Glissade, which is their new golden bock. Total drinker.

Just had an Ommegeddon, not really taken. The wild plum was a nice touch, but there really wasn't too much yeast funk, and the finish was characteristically flat, which I should have expected from Ommegang.

I have been drinking prodigious amounts of Sierra Nevada Glissade, which is their new golden bock. Total drinker.

What SN craft brews would you recommend? I hear they are quite good but the regular brews are just so bad It is incomprehensible to me that they make a quality product.

drank Dogfish Head's India Brown Ale the other night. Really sweet, hopped, dark (strong coffee notes), with the brown ale body that you don't expect given the taste. great beer. Oh, i also had Avery's Hog Heaven barleywine last week. that was the shit

my friend's dad had a bottle that was one year or so old, as well as a bottle of hog heaven that was too old. It was pretty fun just sipping the delicious bottle, then the assy one and noticing the differences.

What SN craft brews would you recommend? I hear they are quite good but the regular brews are just so bad It is incomprehensible to me that they make a quality product.

Two possibilities: you had old SN beers that were not stored properly, or you have terrible taste. Evidence SN make some of the best, well-balanced beers in the world in a variety of styles that are consistently good AND affordable.

Two possibilities: you had old SN beers that were not stored properly, or you have terrible taste. Evidence SN make some of the best, well-balanced beers in the world in a variety of styles that are consistently good AND affordable.

Eh all ive had is the regular grocery store accessible Pale Ale which just isnt good. Rather than question my taste though, how about you just recommend a few that you personally enjoy like I asked?

Thanks!

Eh all ive had is the regular grocery store accessible Pale Ale which just isnt good. Rather than question my taste though, how about you just recommend a few that you personally enjoy like I asked?

Thanks!

The denim equivalent of what you said is, "What Samurai jeans would you recommend? I hear they are quite good but the regular jeans are just so bad It is incomprehensible to me that they make a quality product"

Back on topic,

If you go to the link I posted, 2000+ people would disagree with you that SN PA is bad because SN PA is probably the quintessential American Pale Ale and it is also the top commercial example listed in the BJCP Style guidelines. So yes, your taste is questionable--you might not like pale ales in general, but for the style, there are few better examples than SN PA.

But pretty much everything SN has right now is either good or great. in the great category, I would say the 30th Anniv. collab Imperial Stout made with Anchor, Bigfoot barleywine, and Torpedo IPA.

The denim equivalent of what you said is, "What Samurai jeans would you recommend? I hear they are quite good but the regular jeans are just so bad It is incomprehensible to me that they make a quality product"

Back on topic,

If you go to the link I posted, 2000+ people would disagree with you that SN PA is bad because SN PA is probably the quintessential American Pale Ale and it is also the top commercial example listed in the BJCP Style guidelines. So yes, your taste is questionable--you might not like pale ales in general, but for the style, there are few better examples than SN PA.

But pretty much everything SN has right now is either good or great. in the great category, I would say the 30th Anniv. collab Imperial Stout made with Anchor, Bigfoot barleywine, and Torpedo IPA.

Damn dude why so confrontational? You could have just posted the last paragraph, no? Thanks for the recommendations. For what its worth I absolutely love IPA's. My favorite at the moment is AleSmith IPA. So deliciously hoppy and dry. I also just had the Rogue IPA the other day which was also delicious.

I would totally be down for an SUFU LA bar hopping evening.

http://eaglerockbrewery.wordpress.com/

http://www.verdugobar.com/

Tried out this place this weekend : 1642

Was very personable and mellow. Chatted with the owner most of the time I was there. Fingers crossed the hipsters don't blow the spot.

We should definitely plan something out

Off to The Legendary Boonville Beer Festival! Gonna utilize my behind the scenes pass to the fullest!

Edit: Might as well add moar goodies...

Pre-skateboarding Belgian strong hoppy pale from The Bruery, Mischeif.

wt3.jpg

The Bruery Hottenroth Berliner Weisse, a perfect tart and crisp beer to have after skating all afternoon.

aoqw.jpg

Old Rasputin at the river down the street from the brewery I work at on my lunch break.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=98&filename=w80.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Cantillon Gueuze, Framboise, and Apricot lambics ON TAP at The Trappist in Oakland. Once in a lifetime experience.

5d6.jpg

2010 Bourbon Barrel Angels Share from Lost Abbey at Beer Revolution in Oakland

vcw.jpg

Old Rasputin at the river down the street from the brewery I work at on my lunch break.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=98&filename=w80.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

not very girlie of me, but i love old rasputin! hahaha also almost 10% if im not mistaken...

p.s thanx for the beers at the sufu party Brian ;)

My local grocery store started carrying Avery brews. Drank a 'Collaboration, Not Litligation Ale' this evening. Yum!

if you're a brown ale fan, I think Avery makes one of the best I've ever had.

Ellie's Brown Ale...

collaboration not litigation is one of my favorite beers, downing a bomber of that is like drinking water.

hefeweizen got bottled last night! tastes like str8 banana bread. there were enough pint bottles from Franziskaner and other breweries to make a german six-pack. i think the yield from a 5gal carboy was 16 regular bottles, 5-8 bombers and a quart?

It's also just starting to get legit hot in Austin. hello summer, hello brewing more summer beers. different homie is about to make a kolsch, and my bandmate+other friend are going to produce a Crazy Good Mead that's pretty hoppy, with blueberries and apples i think? needless to say i'm excited for the coming months.

Very true HH, i'm on the E. Coast and this stuff is a bitch to find, let alone fresh stuff.

I can get this literally anytime and its always fresh. Want to trade for something interesting? I also get the other varient, i Think its called Alesmith X or something. They are both good.

I can get this literally anytime and its always fresh. Want to trade for something interesting? I also get the other varient, i Think its called Alesmith X or something. They are both good.

You're a lucky man, thankfully, my local shop has been pretty good about getting this, but who knows how long they can keep up the supply.

Most of the stuff I've been drinking IPA wise has been w. coast. (Green Flash, etc.) I'd be afraid I couldn't match the quality available.... Although, this isn't half bad for a local IPA.

image002.png