state your beer, drinkers

I'd say just make sure it's wrapped well, we'll leave the choice of the beer to the sender as long it's from the receivers style preference, and each user is picked at random. this should make it a bit more fun getting a beer randomly. who else is in?

i wouldn't mind setting it up. probably need to have some base rules maybe something like no bad beer gifting, 1 bottle, has to be somewhat local from the sender, style preference or three from each person and each person will be chosen randomly.

anyone else want to add? agree or disagree ?

This sounds good.. I'm sending a bottle of this to whoever I get.

Ithaca Brute 2010.. I only have one bottle right now but I tried it on tap last night and it is amazing. Going to pick up quite a few more bottles to age. Also had Brooklyn Black OPS 2009 which was a huge contrast after drinking a sour, but it was very nice as well.. really really intense chocolate flavors, one of the boldest stouts I've had.

california does have stone brewery, so that is a definite "big up", just puttin on for my city tho..

although, i still have much to experience -- you all are probably light years ahead of me as i'm not even 21 yet.

now that sufu is no longer dial-up status i'm gonna have to browse through here and check out some recommendations.

any of you guys dig barley wine? i've had a few and some were really good, although definitely beverages to enjoy slowly. would appreciate any suggestions on more good ones to try.

california does have stone brewery, so that is a definite "big up", just puttin on for my city tho..

although, i still have much to experience -- you all are probably light years ahead of me as i'm not even 21 yet.

now that sufu is no longer dial-up status i'm gonna have to browse through here and check out some recommendations.

any of you guys dig barley wine? i've had a few and some were really good, although definitely beverages to enjoy slowly. would appreciate any suggestions on more good ones to try.

many are seasonal and won't show up until winter.

I like Great Divide's Old Ruffian, and it's pretty widely distributed, I think.

Sierra Nevada's bigfoot ale is good, too...some years more than others.

Anchor's barleywine (Old Foghorn) is more sweet and syrupy than I would like it to be.

Same with Real Ale's Sisyphus (this is a local brewery, though)

ok:

just bought

2x spaten optimator 6pack

1x dogfish head 90min ipa

1x dogfish head punkin ale

for $34 bucks. do i rock, or do i rock.

yo how's your punkin? i had it on tap last night, very disappointed compared to last years. tasted flat, less pumpkiny, mehh. enjoyed it in the bottle more this year compared to the tap this year for some reason.

also had a DFH world wide stout last night. definitely a closing beer, so alcoholic but so tasty too :o

Aho -- Can you get the Kentucky Breakfast Stout by chance? And Pilot, what is that beer on the far right in your picture?

I can't speak for Aho, but the thing about Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), is it's a once-a-year release. It's Founders Breakfast stout aged in Bourbon Barrels.

So being limited release, it's actually hard to get, not impossible, just hard. So you can only get it once a year, and most stores around here in the upper midwest either sell out very quickly, or you have to put your name on a waiting list.

Here is their availability calendar: http://www.foundersbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/the-lineup/beer_calendar.pdf

KBS is only sold in March, so sorry, but unless someone's got some cellared, it doesn't look like you'll have much luck for another 6 months. Sorry.

Aho -- Can you get the Kentucky Breakfast Stout by chance? And Pilot, what is that beer on the far right in your picture?

I can't speak for Aho, but the thing about Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), is it's a once-a-year release. It's Founders Breakfast stout aged in Bourbon Barrels.

So being limited release, it's actually hard to get, not impossible, just hard. So you can only get it once a year, and most stores around here in the upper midwest either sell out very quickly, or you have to put your name on a waiting list.

Here is their availability calendar: http://www.foundersbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/the-lineup/beer_calendar.pdf

KBS is only sold in March, so sorry, but unless someone's got some cellared, it doesn't look like you'll have much luck for another 6 months. Sorry.

The sour (Brute) coming from the local brewer here is really nice if you want some ren.. it's a once a year release, easy to get at the moment. It doesn't carry the funk that most Belgian sours have so it is a little easier to drink imo, and at the same time has a bit of a zest to it. I'm definitely enjoying it.

Anyway.. anybody in NYC? Will probably head down for the weekend since it's NYC Craft Beer week.

^^ I don't think the taste buds can go from a nutty brown ale to an IPA....

The IPA by itself might have been good, but not after a brown ale...

you should try the IPA another time... unless it really is cleaning fluid....