state your beer, drinkers

beer5.jpg

This from a couple of weeks ago. In no particular order:

Augustiner: lovely, bready and clean. A new firm favourite, pick up a bottle every time I'm in the offy.

Schneider Weisse: Only buy it because they keep two decent beers in the fridge, this and Erdinger, and I prefer this...a bit.

Pilsner Urquell: A nice hoppy simple decent lager.

Liberty Ale: Again, I always pick up a bottle of this, hoppy and relatively complex but still very refreshing as it is quite dry and bitter (unlike most Belgian ales).

Thurn Roggen: Didn't know that roggen meant 'oats' until I just read it. Quite dark, soft and with a toasted/roasted flavour running through it. Not bad but I prefer the crisper wheat beers.

Deus: for all its pomp and circumstance, I can't help thinking that this is basically a novelty beer. Came with a little poncey leaflet about how is brewed in Belgium then aged in France or vice versa, and with exact (and patronising) chilling instructions. Turns out the chilling instructions are crucial: It has to be freezing cold because it is fucking horrible. Too strong and too sweet, tastes like Carlsberg Special Brew mixed with Kia-Ora. Granted, it is very fizzy, and the bubbles are tiny like a decent champagne, but this beer has abviously been fucked with much too much. I reckon people should try it for a laugh though. Oh, and it got me pissed.

When I'm not enjoying some thick English stout or high-alcohol Belgian shite, I like to down a 12 pack of Tecate. Pretty much the only Mexican beer drinkable without lime.......

Ah, brings back memories of college. 30-pack for $12.

item-tecate6.jpg

You guys on the East Coast see it much?

On a separate note, anyone tried the Trader Joe's vintage ale ? Apparently it's brewed by Unibroue. Need to pick up a bottle.

2dj1xs.jpg

^ england, i think he forgot the (10). there is no other logical explanation in the world.
are you dead serious?

I used to spend alot of time in the hood (South Central) when my buddies from USC lived there and I can tell you that even the gangster-ass hoodlums that lived on their street wouldn't even touch the stuff. Shit is awful.

i've been drinking silly amounts of rolling rock and sam adams summer lager lately. i think they're both great summer beers.

I agree, sam adams summer ale is pretty tasty. if you really like it, I suggest you try victory sunrise weiss.. definitely a winner

I'm drinking Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye right now (is there a what are you drinking thread? If not, there should be), first time, it's pretty good.

My favorite beer is the tripel. I can't remember the brand but the local wine shop has a magnificent selection of Belgians, and there is this one that is just great. The Long's Drugs here (other places have it, it's just cheap here) has a triple (made in California though) from Anderson Valley that's awesome, Brother David's Tripel. It's 4 bucks for a bomber, and at 10% abv, it's good stuff.

On a side note, has anyone tried the Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA? They don't have it anywhere around these parts.

Chipotle.gif

Brought back from Eugene this weekend-

Have you tried this yet? I tried a chile beer from a local brewery called 6 Rivers, and while it was interesting, it was pretty gross by the last 3rd of the pint glass. Maybe I should have had it with some mexican food. Perhaps the smokiness of chipotles is noticeable?

Have you tried this yet?

The bottle I brought is still in the fridge, but i've been drinking the stuff since they started brewing it since 2004. I've had other 'chili' beers, all were shit. This one is very, very, very good, and doesn't come off as gimmicky at all. It is basically a smoked red ale w/ a bit of kick.

Not everyone likes it, however. If you like smoked porters, you'll prolly go for this.

I'm drinking Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye right now (is there a what are you drinking thread? If not, there should be), first time, it's pretty good.

My favorite beer is the tripel. I can't remember the brand but the local wine shop has a magnificent selection of Belgians, and there is this one that is just great. The Long's Drugs here (other places have it, it's just cheap here) has a triple (made in California though) from Anderson Valley that's awesome, Brother David's Tripel. It's 4 bucks for a bomber, and at 10% abv, it's good stuff.

On a side note, has anyone tried the Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA? They don't have it anywhere around these parts.

I have had the 120min a few times and I think I still have a few in storage. It's good, but I like the 90min better.

LCBO just started stocking Southern Teir IPA and Rogue Dead Guy, so I have been drinking them last two weekends. The are both good, but not great.

Dieu du Ciel Corne du Diable is my favourite beer right now.