state your beer, drinkers

Who's into sour beers?

Russian River is leading the world's race into making unbelievable sour beers.. It's a shame that every time they release something it sells out within a day at every store it's stocked at.

Their site crashed last time they released a limited run of the Beatification..

Check it:

http://russianriverbrewing.com/web/barrel.html

RR has taken over for my favorite brewery since i've gotten into their barrel aged work, it's on another level, but like i said, it's impossible to find in stock until they finish moving into their larger facility..

Who's into sour beers?

Russian River is leading the world's race into making unbelievable sour beers.. It's a shame that every time they release something it sells out within a day at every store it's stocked at.

Their site crashed last time they released a limited run of the Beatification..

Check it:

http://russianriverbrewing.com/web/barrel.html

RR has taken over for my favorite brewery since i've gotten into their barrel aged work, it's on another level, but like i said, it's impossible to find in stock until they finish moving into their larger facility..

If you manage to be lucky enough to find some, grab extra! I will do likewise!

FYI - When you live in Canada, you don't refer to Canadian beer as "imports"

Haha.. i'd +rape you if i could.

I tried the ommegang abbey ale because it was hyped a few pages back. Not bad but I didn't really like it, too much carbonation or something harsh about it without complexity to make it interesting to sip. Could be I was impatient and it was still too cold, but meh

I rather liked the abbey ale. I brought a big bottle over to a friend's place as this one girl made a bunch of food, but they were all drinking wine so i ended up finishing the whole thing myself.

I had the dogfish head pale ale made with apricots at this small little dive place. A little fruity but solid.

Depending on mood and surroundings

Deus

Trois Monts

RedOak

Coopers

Blue Tongue

James Squires

Asahi

Hoegaarden

La Trappe (Tripel and Quad in clay pots)

Chimay

Leffe

Matilda Bay (Barking duck and Bohemian Pils)

Hate Heineken, Stella, America water and crown lager

Where's the wine and scotch thread?

speaking of hoegaarden, how many here drink with the slice of lemon vs not? it seems to be an unnecessary (american?) adulteration but does add a richer mouthfeel.

there's a wine enthusiasts thread and whiskey love thread as well btw. for the record "depending on mood and surroundings" i'd pretty much drink anything but it is a bonus if it's served properly (no ice cold trappist ales, pls)

There will be a lot of drinking for me tonight. I'm hoping for the happy kind. I had a great bloody mary in the morning, went swimming and now I'm keeping the buzz with some 12 years old single malt. Shots of vodka will happen just before leaving to the bar and singing my heart out. scarfau3.gif

Tyskie - polish beer that's available almost all over east coast now. Nothing mind-blowing but a very nice summer beer, great for drinking outdoors on a hot day. It's relatively cheap ($6.50 six-pack) and much better than any standard american beers. I always keep a sixer in my fridge. Try it out.

picture3qh4.jpg

With Belgium beers gaining massive popularity, prices are sure following. I find myself drinking more German beers nowadays just for the best cost/taste ratio. The Aventinus Doppelbock, a steal at $3/500ml (or $4.25 at this restaurant I usually go to), is remarkably similar in characteristics to a lot of Belgian dubbels/tripels, albeit a bit less complex (though not by much). The ABV is comparable: 8.2%. I highly recommend this beer!

$4.25 is crazy cheap at a restaurant. Most of the places in ny will charge you between $8-9 for a bottle.

I drink a beer with dinner pretty much every night. Most of them are german lagers or pilsners. I keep the belgium ones for a late night drink and sometimes have a hefe during the day.

Carlsberg, anyone?

Didn't really like it, to be honest. Crisp, tho.

dirty-water.jpg