Dior Homme Ss2008 Collection

boombayeh

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand it was sarcasm / poking fun at "stocking up" before it goes downhill, but on the other hand I do think there's an element of truth in what I said as towards my views. High fashion (and "fashion" in general) has a tendency towards transcience, and while those past collections remain quite good, when it comes down to shoes / jeans things that are associated with "the brand" more so than more "classic" pieces might be I tend to look more at the current state of the brand than whatever "historical relevance" they might have in examining the connotations of the piece.

If I had a blazer from that era I would probably keep it. A pair of jeans with the scars? Perhaps not, at this point. There are other jeans out there tied to more relevant / interesting brands at this point in time and there's no point in looking back. Even the aesthetic is becoming less relevant, and I'm not convinced KVA has the fortitude to take it somewhere new. We'll see in time, but either way:

I'd say it is, and has been for some while, high time to move on from Dior.

I see where you are coming from [fashion is now, etc], I just did not realize you were talking about the jeans...

Wasn't a huge fan of Dior, but I liked the way that most of the items I've tried on fit me .. sometimes I get frustrated with finding stuff for my body type .. very tall and thin.

I hate how the arms are loose in that jacket pictured. I knew this line would be a disaster without Slimane.

With Hedi Slimane gone, I think it is time to move on. A brand can only establish so much, I think Hedi Slimane took Dior to it's zenith. How can one continue to excel from where he left off? There must be other brands that are driven towards skinny/taliored fitting clothes, what others are there?

Well I heard a while back that Hedi was gonna start his own line after he left Dior....

Dunno if it's true, just heard it down the grapevine

=\

Pray for it

- Ben

at the moment hedi is acting as a bizarre artistic polymath, doing a collab there and a gallery show of photography here. i think he said he definatley wants to come back though and re-start fashion at some point. i think it just a matter of tme till he gets his own proper label

the tailoring on alot of this collection is quite poor and fuck the washes are terrible on the denim. the low rise denim looks absurd but at least the classic rise ones don't look completely horrible. over all there are a couple pieces that look decent but boring and alot that looks like crap. pretty weak.

just to let you know, a poor wash... i take that back several terrible washes do not make it a poor quality of denim. dior's denim has never been the best but it sure as shit is a nice quality of cotton as well as milled in much nicer mills than old navy.