Dior Homme Ss2008 Collection

boombayeh

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the aesthetic is becoming less relevant, and I'm not convinced KVA has the fortitude to take it somewhere new.

Hedi's Dior Homme was the archetype of what I considered high fashion. I read an interview with KVA, & it sounded as if he wasn't going to turn the brand into complete shit. Surprise, surprise.. eh.

from the collection he showed to the collection being produced is totally different. i think kva lost some control, like most designers do... still slimane's stuff is still much better.

the dior show (hopefully a real runway) is on jan. 20.. hopefully, since kva has more time, he will produce a good collection. i'd rather see a whole new dior homme by kva than a cheap imitation of slimane's work.

I'm praying he doesn't ruin the eyewear line as well.

I'd rather have the line discontinued than ruined by KVA. There weren't that many pieces released each season, but every single one looked good and that's why I fell in love with them.

Back to the collection, I think it was a little better than I expected. I expected absolute garbage. The all-over prints are a little disturbing. The text tees don't make any sense. The jeans scare me a little. Some of the shirts just look funky. However, a couple outerwear pieces look wearable.

I always hold judgment for the print ads. They usually manage to make the clothes look good because a specific model with the perfect body type is usually picked out. If I don't like the campaign, then something is definitely wrong and I'll just pretend to not like Dior.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I just bought those jeans today and now somewhat regret it. I'll return it by this week...

I really liked the look of the wash in person and the fit would be actually good if it weren't for the lower leg being REALLY weird/terribad. Bleh, need a nice soft prewash for spring still -- I haven't really liked any of the PW stuff this year. >.<