Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Takashi - Thank you for your comments. I will be carrying a greater range of sizes once I have determined how large the demand will be. Currently we stop at waist 36". I am considering both 38" and 40", I am also likely to get alternative leg lengths made, maybe 32" in the smaller waist sizes and 36" and possible 38" in the larger waist sizes. What do you think?

...just to bring it back...yea I'd definitely get these in a 36" leg length...that would be too killer.

I may have to remove the back-pocket stitching though...just a thing I have with the Levi's resemblance.

heBAY

i know they are tough, but are they stretching? blm are yours a lot looser than when new?

Well they were wicked tight when I first got them, it took about 20 minutes before I could zip them up (sizes 38 and 40 are zipper-fly instead of button) and I havent worn them enough to tell how much permanent stretch they've sustained but every time I put them on I do some squats and they loosen up a little...

These jeans will take more than a handful of soaks, to get any noticable shrinking.

They will DEFINATELY stretch out. Pretty fast too.

My 36, stretched to a 38. And I now wear a 33-32 in Iron Hearts.

If anyones interested in the dry selvedge Iron Hearts, PM me. I'll sell for below retail.

No wear marks or permanent creasing anywhere.

soaking is pointless with these. From http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/qanda.htm

Q What shrinkage can I expect?

A With heavy washing the selvedge jeans will shrink about a ½ inch in the waist, and approx ½ inch in the leg. The non selvedge jeans and jackets will not shrink any further than they have before delivery

(emphasis added)

only a half inch shrinkage with HEAVY WASHING means that doing a soak probably wont do shit.

soaking is pointless with these. From http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/qanda.htm

(emphasis added)

only a half inch shrinkage with HEAVY WASHING means that doing a soak probably wont do shit.

Yeah but if they stretch a lot, then you would need soak them.

Stunt - selling size 36? Are you saying now you have a 32 and they stretched 4 inches?

• 3 weeks later...
i know they are tough, but are they stretching? blm are yours a lot looser than when new?

It's so hard to tell. It feels like they stretch and then shrink back down again when I take them off and dont wear for a while. They're so strong tho that if they feel tight I can just do some lunges in them and loosen em up.

What really gets me is the combo of the tight thighs and the low rise (hehe that rhymed). I always have to wear a tucked in T in order to avoid the plumber ass.

I dunno what other people are doing but mine arent stretching at all, its been 2 weeks already. This is a good thing for me, I had to buy a 31 due to limited stock even though I feared they would stretch.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've worn my Iron Hearts about every day for a little more than 2 months now, and I can notice the beginnings of nice whiskers and honeycombs. Got a bit of wallet fade too. This 21 oz denim is really tough to break in. I soaked them once for about 30 minutes in cold water to get the shrinking out of the way, but damn, they do stretch out quite a bit. When I first got them, I'd say they were near the true tag size, 31. But now, they're like a 33. I can fit my fist in between my jeans and my waist. I do wear my jeans pretty low, though.

Anyone else have Iron Hearts they're working on right now? How are they going for you?

If you have wear, show some pics. I think the only way you can get real wear on these is to wash them all the time, like 2x a month. Kinda like that pair at Self Edge.