High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

frankly 10% of the boots in this thread are mountaineering

and 1% of those are high fashion

this is just superfuture's OTHER boots thread

wool-jacquard-boreroomboot01.jpg

I submit the following novel conundrum to the aforementioned existing conundrum.

They are White's Mountaineering.

These check off so many "awful" boxes that they almost (but not quite) loop back around to join their White's brethren in the axis of awesome.

wool-jacquard-boreroomboot01.jpg

I submit the following novel conundrum to the aforementioned existing conundrum.

They are White's Mountaineering.

These check off so many "awful" boxes that they almost (but not quite) loop back around to join their White's brethren in the axis of awesome.

You gotta have the full kit. This look from WM s/s 09 is the best:

Ah looks like their "standard textured black leather"...I was talking to them about a pair of TLC's I saw on eBay with the same black leather look.

I love 'em...seriously. I'm having a hard time deciding between that leather or suede (like the NDG's).

...or Danners...was down by TnT today...yikes they are nice.

Ah looks like their "standard textured black leather"...I was talking to them about a pair of TLC's I saw on eBay with the same black leather look.

I love 'em...seriously. I'm having a hard time deciding between that leather or suede (like the NDG's).

...or Danners...was down by TnT today...yikes they are nice.

TnT? whas dis

they are actually a boot that barneys did about 2 years ago or so i believe it was Narrative that did the boots for them. They are made in Italy. The toes are a lil bit different the russell P.H. i have. thats all the info i have on them they are originally like 360 ish but i got on sale for $65. There was also a brown pair that was made too.

forgive this derailment (this post is about mountaineering boots) but you can recreate a doppelganger for the Danner Mountain Light (at half the price [$307]) by ordering the Viberg 66 Hiker through the Baker Shoe site (you have several customizable options) but they don't give you a preview of what the boot will look like so i am showing you something i found on a japanese website (they charge the equivalent of $900 USD):

img55684842de4.jpg

^you know...this is prrrr-retty good (larry david).

Anymore info on Viberg boots? I've seen them up in some Japanese catalogs/sites...

Them vs. Danners... I can say that when I tried on the Mountain Light II's, I was happy to find that they were pretty comfy (at least to slip on and walk around the store with some standard athletic socks on)... anything noteworthy about the feel/quality/fit of the Vibergs?

And what's the deal with the Vibram white crepe sole...hmmm...