Self Edge x Iron Heart Cyclist Jeans = SEXIH03

kiya

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to take out the inflated prices on kiya or these jeans, domestic stores that provide jap denim without dealing with rakuten/customs/proxys are really awesome. Its just that its impossible for me to justify paying that markup to an already expensive item of clothing.

EDIT:

trying to keep things more positive....

Although I dont like the concept, the execution is great. You can tell a lot of thought went into the production of these jeans.

well then youll be quite alright when i tell you to stop shitting up a thread when youve already decided youre not going to buy these. if you want to talk about how "kiya is rippin us all off, buy off rakuten" you should find some threads from the first couple months kiya opened his shop up. there were a bunch of shit heads in those threads trying to convince people of the exact same thing, when it was clear those people didnt care in the first place. nothing personal poopslush, just sayin.

and ill be in ASAP to check these out kiya, as well as snipe a b.son hoodie if they are still available.

I am fucking tired of people coming into Superdenim... a forum designed for discussion of rare and expensive denim... and throwing out the "+$$$$ for just jeans" argument.

If you're not really into denim, get out of here and go buy some jeans at the mall.

good timing for me, i need to be back at school from thanksgiving break the day after these come out, so hopefully i'll be able to stop by and check out/possibly snag a pair. the cut sounds really promising, i'm just interested to see the pocket size in person, i'm not sure if i'm into it or not from the first pic.

These look good so far. I'd like to see more fit pics from a straight on front perspective and side perspective. I have very large thighs so the fit on these could hopefully work. When will the thigh measurements on a 33 or 34 waist be available?

If all the extras are something that is of use to you (because you frequently ride a bike in jeans for instance) then its preposterous to argue about anything to do with a mark-up. I mean, unless you wanted to buy a pair of 634s (did we establish they would be in the 230-250 ballpark all said and done going the rakuten route), professionally alter the pockets and crotch, try to execute a taper that won't look like shit, and then just deal with the fact that the rise isn't idea for bike riding. I guess what I am trying to say, in a grossly long-winded manner, is that, in terms of design, there is no such thing as these jeans, and nothing even close to comparable, so essentially, Kiya could charge whatever the fuck he wanted. Instead, hes keeping it as low as Ironheart's pricing policy allows while still making the kind of profit that makes it worthwhile to assume the risk of running a business. I am cutting short my thanksgiving weekend with the folks to make sure I can pick up my size.

They may protect your legs, but there goes that $360...

If you get into a crash and are able to tear this denim there's a very good chance you're not living through the crash.

Those complaining about the price have it all wrong.

1. This is Superdenim, hosted by Superfuture, remember that when whining about how expensive the clothes on the forum are

2. This collaboration cost us a load to produce, the markup percentage on these is lower than anything we've ever sold with the exception of the SEXIH01 (see a pattern?)

3. These will outlast any other pair of jeans you've ever owned by at least four times as long

the problem with the whole super tapered so no need to cuff thing is that i'm more concerned about getting chain grease all over my leg. plus i keep my phone in my back pocket, keys in the front, and my lock in my bag.

these ain't for me, but good luck

Eh, on dry denim the chain grease isn't a huge issue. Before I rode fixed I rode an old road bike in my New Standards all the time without cuffing, and while I did get a lot of grease on them, it really wasn't noticeable because the denim was so dark.

Furthermore, I ride in my Thin Finns with no cuffing and have yet to get any grease on them at all.

If anyone wants to compare these to the 634s...

BIG difference would be within the rise. The 634 has a pretty decent rise in the front. It will irritate you and make you feel smushed.

Ive only torn my 634s back pocket, because I have a metal cig. case as a wallet.

I ride for hours everyday, and no signs of tearing at my gooch anytime soon.

As for concerns with the chain grease on the pantleg... Depending on how close your cages are to the inside of the pedals (make sense?) you shouldnt have to worry. Plus itll give it character, because after all... these are riding jeans...

But yea, these are dope, the fit is really nice, ideal carrot cut jean compared to most, functional to those who ride bikes, amongst other things, and Kiya I needs blacks size 33-34 because I like the oversized fit on these HOLA.

you guys forming crotch holes must ride pretty fucking hard. i used to bmx for around 6 hours a day with my pair of shitty 10 dollar levis and i only ended up with a bit of fraying near the hem from the contact with the chain/sprocket and some light fades from falling.

you guys forming crotch holes must ride pretty fucking hard. i used to bmx for around 6 hours a day with my pair of shitty 10 dollar levis and i only ended up with a bit of fraying near the hem from the contact with the chain/sprocket and some light fades from falling.

well im no expert... but how much of that time are you actually sitting on the sit pedaling hard? w/ cycling it is alot more of leaning over on the bars w/ your crotch on the seat, therefore i think it puts more wear on the seat as compared to bmx.

again, im no expert but that is my two cents.

You probably washed your levis often than most here wash their jeans. The abrasion does a lot, but crotchsweat is the catalyst for deterioration.