Self Edge x Iron Heart Cyclist Jeans = SEXIH03

kiya

Self Edge and Iron Heart have come together to bring you the world’s first pair

of jeans designed from the ground up for cyclists. Months of testing and analyzing

where other jeans failed during extended use while cycling led to the creation of

the SEXIH03; to create a middle ground between fashion and functionality. For those

that enjoy artisan Japanese denim, cycling, and fashion these are the ultimate pair

of jeans.

Made in Japan from the world’s heaviest weight denim coming in at twenty-one ounces

per square yard.

-21 ounce Sanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim

-Dark Indigo Stitch Half Arcuate Pocket Design

-Reinforced crotch rivet

-Hidden rivets

-Crotch cross-stitch moved 1” forward to delay crotch blow-outs and for the comfort

of the rider

-Rear pockets placed .75” farther to the outside of the jeans to avoid sitting on

anything stored in the pockets

-Rear pockets sized to fit a mini U-Lock

-Higher rise in the back, lower rise in the front for maximum comfort and mobility

-Extra belt loops at the rear of the waistband to avoid torn loops from backpack

usage and to prevent the pulling down of the waistband if a belt is worn while riding

-Spring loaded clip metal key fob hanging from front belt loop

-Medium relaxed fit in the upper and thigh region, super slim fit below the knee

Production:

125 Selvedge Indigo Pairs = SEXIH03 ($360)

25 Non-Selvedge Black Pairs SEXIH03BK ($360)

Sizes: 27/28/29/30/31/32/33/34/36/38

Inseam: 35.2”

More fit pics to follow shortly.

The SEXIH03 and SEXIH03BK will go on sale in-store on Saturday November 24th and

will be available at http://www.selfedge.com on December 1st.

back_web-763037.jpg

sexih03_4-793843.jpg

sexih03_6-793792.jpg

sexih03_3-755427.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so are these designed to shrink to 34 then, as stated on the patch, or is inseam 35.2 one wash...

These won't shrink, the denim is sanforized.

These won't shrink, the denim is sanforized.

oh yeah sorry... too much information for me to take in!

THese look really great kiya, congratulations on all the hard work you put into these...

Look forward to more detailed fit pics

and they also protect you from fire.

and with the reinforced crotch... should be hard to tear.

i agree that $360 is a lot, but if you don't like them, don't buy them...

and afterall, they're "iron heart" which means $$$, so no surprise there.

i'm going to have to rethink this, because i'm already wearing these warehouse jawns for a whole year, and saving $360 could get me a new wheelset.

but anyway, either you love them or you hate them.

Oh you Superfags totally invited me for the bike ride, you bloody cunts...

Anyways...

IRON HEART DENIM is the shit for biking.

1) Good luck tearing the crotch. Ive been riding in my 634s for about nearly a month, and the denim is faded, but no where NEAR tearing at all.

I'll post pics for the people who dont believe that these are functional jeans. Tried them on for the first time today, very nice fit. Sized up, so I could see how much movement Id get in the jeans.

2) No

The jeans look awesome but I think the concept is just dumb. More than $350 for a pair of pants im going to ride my bike in? And probably crash and tear them up? Not for me.

I think this is a retarded complaint. I ride my bike in all my jeans. Sure, the rest are in the $225-$295 range, but the extra $55 doesn't make the IHs sit in a different class of expensive. Samurais, for instance, in the US range from $285-$345 IIRC, and won't survive biking. Just cause I bike doesn't mean I want to wear spandex or ugly jeans. Way to make the "It's not for me so you're all stupid" argument.

Also as a bike commuter, these become everyday jeans.

Regular IHs are $295, $65 for extra features and rarity, stop whining.

if you ride a bike and wanted bike friendly repros, this is for you. otherwise, i don't even know why you would want them and be sad that they were too expensive...:confused: they perfectly fit a small market need...

Regular IHs are $295, $65 for extra features and rarity, stop whining.

if you ride a bike and wanted bike friendly repros, this is for you. otherwise, i don't even know why you would want them and be sad that they were too expensive...:confused: they perfectly fit a small market need...

Unless you know where to get IH cheaper that that...

Last time I checked, 21oz Iron Heart 634's were 19,000 yen.... or $170 plus shipping. If these weren't so rediculously marked up, I wouldn't mind paying the extra $65 for the details and limited run.

So, in fact you're opposed to export market prices in general, and taking it out on the bike jeans? Sugar Cane, Iron Heart, etc. etc. etc. charge much more in the American Market. I don't follow your logic.

Also, at $170+$35 (shipping) + $40-50 import duty, I could save a little money assuming a store will ship directly to me. If I have to use a proxy the japanese price is actually worse for me than the US price.

Anyway, I dunno why I'm bothering.

it's also a collaboration, so both sides have to make a little extra cash out of it, too...

and with the fire retardent attritributes and protection from harsh radioactivity and gamma rays, who could complain? and also how they emphasize the individual's curves.

So, in fact you're opposed to export market prices in general, and taking it out on the bike jeans? Sugar Cane, Iron Heart, etc. etc. etc. charge much more in the American Market. I don't follow your logic.

Also, at $170+$35 (shipping) + $40-50 import duty, I could save a little money assuming a store will ship directly to me. If I have to use a proxy the japanese price is actually worse for me than the US price.

Anyway, I dunno why I'm bothering.

I'm not trying to take out the inflated prices on kiya or these jeans, domestic stores that provide jap denim without dealing with rakuten/customs/proxys are really awesome. Its just that its impossible for me to justify paying that markup to an already expensive item of clothing.

EDIT:

trying to keep things more positive....

Although I dont like the concept, the execution is great. You can tell a lot of thought went into the production of these jeans.