Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

got the raf by raf cinched windbreaker at warehouse sale. it was mis-marked and the girl ran it up wrong and gave me the wrong change. i punched in a karma ticket today.

original price: $825

kunk price: $77

bald fruit with rain protection: priceless

was fucking lame. fought through some bitches to get good stuff for my wife.

i never rip off anybody and tried to explain to the girl at checkout that she fucked up twice to no avail, so what can you do...

apparently, john varvatos sells everything at wholesale prices cause they been trying to sell the samer shit for 4 seasons there.

i also realize i'm a label whore sometimes as i see something good, then see who designed it, then like it less for no good reason.

edit: were some good shoes/boots though

how much i want where?

From Korin, 180$ something.

should have bought a proper Yanagi knife..

It was gift, and it's not a Yanagi knife, it's a Sujihiki, a multi-purpose slicer.

left handed eh?

did they have buckets of steam too?

Heh. Traditional Japanese knives are sharpened on one side, verses 'western style' with a double bevel. This not only allows the knives to be sharper than conventional western style knives but ensures the blades integrity over long periods of use and repeated sharpening. In addition, the nature of the single bevel and a properly made knife assures that over time your knife can become significantly sharper than it was originally. A left handed knife just means the blade is sharpened on the opposite side, to accomodate cutting in the opposite direction.

August:

Dior Homme combat boots

bild-115_15942592.jpg

Rick Owens tanktop (too lazy to plug-in the cam and upload own pic atm)

ro-top_16028506.jpg

Julius scarf/wrap, julius notebook (sry for photo booth shot :|).

bild-89_15942856.jpg

Obscur wool coat.. well its sold now though.

img_7878_15560569.jpg

RO Drkshwd vest

img_7889_15560260.jpg

picked these up today at oak.

2809229565_9ebaec37e0.jpg

fit pics in waywt.

nfone, i wanted to size down one, but they didn't have that size. sized down two and they actually managed to fit pretty well. thanks for the advice nonetheless.

yoyo

i need to know, do these actually follow the tagged sized, or is the inseam longer than 34? i need to invest in black jeeeeeeenz but they need to be long enough!

I should buy more authentic japanese knives. I just keep buying globals. Their santokus are so well balanced though

I never really got into Globals, although I do admire their design if not just from a cleanliness standpoint. I prefer carbon steel knives just because they require more care than most cut-and-forget stainless knives, and you get out of them exactly what you put into them.

As far as authentic Japanese knives go, japanwoodworker.com is a great place to start. They carry some really nice knives at affordable prices, mostly small lot producers, so you know you're getting something that alot of time & effort was invested in. I use my Fujiwara Nakiri the most of all my knives, and it cost me 70 bucks.

Korin.com is on the high end, and they get alot of knives produced especially for them by some incredible smiths.