Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

how much were your silver prison issues?

but i like everything elseeee!

saw them at blends in costa mesa.. pretty nice

Prison Issues were $30. The other two pairs of Vans were $15 each so while they definitely aren't colors I would buy full-price, it was hard to turn down for that price.

and i think driver license card

LOL pwnd. Macbooks are the shits... I'm looking into get oe for myself for uni. Did you get any discount on yours... and how does the whole 'student discount' thing work anyway? Are student cards good enough proof to gain discounts???

i remember buying a ipod at the apple store a couple of years ago and i asked about the student discount. They asked for my school id and driver license.

well I won't have a license before uni so I guess that puts discounts out of the equation... hmm.

sergio: I went on Apple's online store and searched for my university's Apple page. The MacBook was $100 cheaper with the student discount and Apple Care is $117 dollars cheaper. I'm not sure what sort of identification you need in store, but online I didn't have to enter in any information about my school at all to prove I was a student. It is a really easy process.

chim: Of all places, I found mine at Nordstrom Rack. Not your typical spot, but I'm not complaining for $30.

sergio: I went on Apple's online store and searched for my university's Apple page. The MacBook was $100 cheaper with the student discount and Apple Care is $117 dollars cheaper. I'm not sure what sort of identification you need in store, but online I didn't have to enter in any information about my school at all to prove I was a student. It is a really easy process.

chim: Of all places, I found mine at Nordstrom Rack. Not your typical spot, but I'm not complaining for $30.

if you are in store and would like to use student discount, you must provide them with some documentation that you are currently attending school. This can be done by presenting a school ID with current stickers or showing them your schedule of classes, etc.

You are better off going to a university bookstores website and then going to the computer section. Most schools have deals with Dell and Apple and both companies offer discounts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobZ viewpost.gif

if you are in store and would like to use student discount, you must provide them with some documentation that you are currently attending school. This can be done by presenting a school ID with current stickers or showing them your schedule of classes, etc.

You are better off going to a university bookstores website and then going to the computer section. Most schools have deals with Dell and Apple and both companies offer discounts

Thanks Robz, I'll check on their website and see how the the discounts relate to UK customers/unis (I dunno is the process any different?). As for Zubin, I'm currently in me last year of sixth form (year 13) and will be attending University hopefully sometime in the autumn (august, september, october or november), so I thought I'd get myself a lap-top over the summer so I have one for Uni. Since I'm applying only to Art colleges (all under the Universities of the Arts London), perhaps they have some special agreements/discounts of their own with either apple (as people they are more design-focused) so I might be best to wait.

Either way, once I find the time (and exams are all out of the way) I'll do some research and find out what is the best option for me.

Thanks for the help fellers, I am likely to need it in the future.:D

the best non employee apple discount is:

• buy the student developer kit for $99

• use the one time 25% hardware discount

... ends up being ~20% off of a $2000 purchase

better than the student discount which is about 8-10% and most corporate discounts which are 4-8%. art schools don't have any special deals a normal school doesn't.

Just got this Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons jacket which I've been after for ages. I am thrilled with it - it's Nylon/Cotton mix so good for Spring too.

I love it. Fits perfectly. Am really chuffed - the attention to detail on the jacket is fantastic.

I think his AW07 season was the best yet.

87814_1.jpg

87814_2.jpg

(excuse the photo noise, the ISO was way too high)

It's a solid parka (snowboarding), the liner is pretty good, I'm sure the insulation will be fine.

liner.jpg

But the reason I love it is because of this:

hood.jpg

So I can do this:

jacket2.jpg

What can I say, guys with hair as big as mine can't find hoods that actually fit all the time. Plus, it's insulated as well.

Just got this Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons jacket which I've been after for ages. I am thrilled with it - it's Nylon/Cotton mix so good for Spring too.

I love it. Fits perfectly. Am really chuffed - the attention to detail on the jacket is fantastic.

I think his AW07 season was the best yet.

87814_1.jpg

87814_2.jpg

I tried this baby on at IF like 20 times. Would love to see fit pics.

Hey there

Will try to post pics of me in it but I hate having my photo taken and haven't got a set up where I can take one of myself.

Glad you guys like it though!

Also, Goldengloves - I called the comme des garcon shop in London (Dover Street Market) whilst I was looking for the above (they had sold out) but they were really helpful and told me that they had 2 of the leather jackets from the collection. They have 40% off at the moment so it might be worth giving them a call if you really did want one of the leathers or alternatively contact Parachutes who is a brilliant proxy buyer on this site for Japanese stuff. If you call Dover Street Market I would call them no later than Saturday as I think at 40% off they'll go pretty quick. You can find the contact details here:

www.doverstreetmarket.com

Best

T

Travel more it will expand your mind.

yeah clearly i need to do that. i guess the suburbs and limited time spent in the only big city in oregon will do that to you. i've just always carried change in my pocket and put it in my dresser/ash tray when i get to either.

the best non employee apple discount is:

• buy the student developer kit for $99

• use the one time 25% hardware discount

... ends up being ~20% off of a $2000 purchase

better than the student discount which is about 8-10% and most corporate discounts which are 4-8%. art schools don't have any special deals a normal school doesn't.

Thanks... this seems like a much better offer than the student discount... Lets just hope Apple doesn't discontinue this offer, because it would definitely help me save some of my prescious ca$$hh.

yeah clearly i need to do that. i guess the suburbs and limited time spent in the only big city in oregon will do that to you. i've just always carried change in my pocket and put it in my dresser/ash tray when i get to either.

japan and europe will force you to carry a coin purse...those 500 yen and euro coins create a whole new level of change game

japan and europe will force you to carry a coin purse...those 500 yen and euro coins create a whole new level of change game

in big cities, you typically use public transportation to move around.

you are forced to carry a bag. unlike travelling by cars, you just can't throw your shit on the passenger's seat or in the trunk. so there's a need to carry shit like coin purses.