Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

i don't know about uniqlo, but they obviously modified their cuts, or simply produced the necessary sizes for nonjap customers.

i've buying a decent amount of shit from ciaopanic and american rag cie.

i get compliments both in the japland and america.

i really like american rag cie (both house label, collabos, and imports).

i found their stuff to have the right amount of steeziness. not overly stylized but not too generic.

wake up call:

jbeezy and i b walking down cat street heading towards omotesando. we see a guy decked out in visvm. i tell her that du b wearing like 6000 dollars worth of shit. you know what she said?

"i thought it was just uniqlo or some shit"

since we don't really have nice middle-priced "jawnz" in america (or other places), we've had no choice but to buy avant-garde BS or super overpriced brooks brothers that's cut really short and slim to look "fashionable."

it's either really expensive, quality jawnz or sweat-shop garbage.

nothing in between.

i don't wanna rock a 1000 dollar jacket but i don't wanna wear a 50 dollar jcrew shirt that every peasant can afford

you know what im sayin?

i've buying a decent amount of shit from ciaopanic and american rag cie.

i get compliments both in the japland and america.

i really like american rag cie (both house label, collabos, and imports).

i found their stuff to have the right amount of steeziness. not overly stylized but not too generic.

wake up call:

jbeezy and i b walking down cat street heading towards omotesando. we see a guy decked out in visvm. i tell her that du b wearing like 6000 dollars worth of shit. you know what she said?

since we don't really have nice middle-priced "jawnz" in america (or other places), we've had no choice but to buy avant-garde BS or super overpriced brooks brothers that's cut really short and slim to look "fashionable."

it's either really expensive, quality jawnz or sweat-shop garbage.

nothing in between.

i don't wanna rock a 1000 dollar jacket but i don't wanna wear a 50 dollar jcrew shirt that every peasant can afford

you know what im sayin?

amragcie probably has the best inhouse brand outta the lot of chainboutiques. they were one of my first intros to ORFI. Plus they were doing interesting remakes b4 alota other players. this was probably when you were still in hs. not to mention they pushed music just alittle bit b4 beams (not talking about beams music corners/stores). probably one of the first boutiquechains to integrate a vintage corner in japaland.

i know what u sayin, but i wanna ball out in expensive shit. money is power and what better way to flaunt one's power then the jawns on his back or time piece on his wrist? nobody wanna admit it, but certain labels and their connotations command respect. "you got nike vandals? yeah me too, but mine are cdg collab. other ones r by raf simons."

imo no matter what you wear or it's pricetag it all depends on how you feel in it and how people feel about u in it. people who's opinions are worth a shit. and the way people feel about you in certain shit is def gonna change how u feel in that shit. uknowwhatimsayin??

anyway u wear ameriragcie i don't look down on that as long as u not head 2 toe in that shit (house label).

78 - good point. friend of mine was in Japan recently and mind you we are what is considered a bit above average being over 6 foot and weighing at a whopping 170-200 lbs - and my homie who is fairly slim, a bit tall could not fit anything in beams. Everything was nice, but nothing fit.

jmatsu - I agree. I guess time will tell for that matter. in terms of sizing, didnt Uniqlo have to make that necessary transition when they arrived. i cant imagine they sell the same in sizing in jp as they do here.

I'm a chubby american and I fit in Beams stuff fine.

and what beams store did you guys go into? there was definitely something you guys coulda fit.

The most frequented was the Ginza shop as it is closest to me. And they seriously have a lack of sizes. Hardly anything in XL. First Gibson x Buzz drop and no XL or +2's to be had. Only their Shibuya store got 'em in... cuz it's the one that most foreigners hit up... back when they had that massive store there.

Hell shoe sizes in Ginza stopped at 10 most of the time. Only thing I could do was the damn suits upstairs... tailor made. duh. Jim Phillips x Vans 1st collabo's for the shelf :(

Did you slap her and call her an ignant bitch who can't see quality? ha. I don't think anyone would disagree that bizubimu is overpriced as fuck... but I do gotta ask what the du was wearin... FBT's and a n(n)omad should never get that reaction!

brahbrahbrah.

Beams could do it, and should do it, stateside. I do get the feeling that they'd tweak their game and specialize. Just like their half-dozen or so 'speciality' stores.