Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

i'd love to see it if you find it. can't imagine the hydraulics needed to steer a skateboard. i've seen powered boards like the one below but it's for forward motion, not steering...

UM71.jpg

i saw a dude hauling down st. marks on one of these things one day and he hit one of the recessed sewer caps from the resurfaced road and flew about 10 feet off his board. he got really pouty when the whole street laughed at him as he picked up his board with a chipped up nose and walked into the super fucking expensive apartments above chipotle.

picked up the bat for a little over 1300. the seller bought it a couple months ago for 3000 and has been trying to sell it over the last couple months. really happy that i got it for the price.

holy shit, bats are worth that much? i have some braves preseason game bats from the mid 80s.. time to frip.

depends on the player. if its been used, shit like that.

how the player did in the game helps, and if you have photos to match the bat and provide authenticity really helps.

its harder with the older bats to photo match but if you can do it, it can only help

I ran a group of skateshops for a long time and we sold longboards. I remember the owner being really into "longboard" technology, even though he never skated, and I just never got it. I get that some boards have fiberglass and trucks that pivot all different, but I never really got the point of it all. Is it a performance thing? Like surfing, where different boards suit different breaks? I always kind of thought longboarding was just college transportation. Do you do tricks or anything? Not looking down on it or anything, I'm just admittedly ignorant on longboarding.

Edit: Just looked back a page and saw that this was already asked and answered. I still don't get it really...

I ran a group of skateshops for a long time and we sold longboards. I remember the owner being really into "longboard" technology, even though he never skated, and I just never got it. I get that some boards have fiberglass and trucks that pivot all different, but I never really got the point of it all. Is it a performance thing? Like surfing, where different boards suit different breaks? I always kind of thought longboarding was just college transportation. Do you do tricks or anything? Not looking down on it or anything, I'm just admittedly ignorant on longboarding.

Edit: Just looked back a page and saw that this was already asked and answered. I still don't get it really...

hmmmm... let's see if i can draw some analogies for you:

surfing: longboard vs. shortboard

bicycling: road cycling vs. bmx freestyle

motorcycling: cruiser vs. ninja sportbikes

i would say that it's all about a different mind set and perspective. sometimes you just wanna cruise you know? take it easy and just roll...

longboarding is more laid back and focused on having fun - typically in groups. it takes less skill to cruise on a longboard vs. doing tricks on a shortboard so there's not a lot of ego or sense of competition and that fosters an accepting, relaxed, group skating atmosphere.

you can do some tricks but nothing hardcore like shortboards. however, bombing down a hill at 50mph takes some ballz and skill to stay on the board, slow down, and make a turn at 25 - 30mph. it's a totally different rush.

i love speed so downhill attracts me more than doing kickflips. i love racing my R6 around a track instead of pulling wheelies on the freeway. different strokes for different folks. hope that helps.

Do you do tricks or anything? Not looking down on it or anything, I'm just admittedly ignorant on longboarding.

i also had the same opinion when i was a kid when i rode street skates.

i would say that 360 1 foot shove it is considered a trick :) :

CdLfDw_eIMQ

also, dude gets steezy as fuck on the 2 minute mark

Guest bambam

longboarding is more laid back and focused on having fun ...so there's not a lot of ego or sense of competition and that fosters an accepting, relaxed, group skating atmosphere.

duuuuuuh686.png

with wear and distressing, does the white expose black leather underneath? I guess that be sick

the body of the jacket is made with white leather and little black dots printed on the leather create the whole fade/dye effect.

I think it would take a lot of wear to make the paint fade away

hairless cats scare me

they look a lot less scary in person. plus, what they lack in looks to some they make up for in personality. he's like a dog, goes up to anyone and plays with whoever, jumps around, fetches~he's really friendly and awesome. I think he's really stunning to look at too