Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

oh shit! sorry carl...does it make you feel better that at least it wasn't a sneaky snipe?

if it doesn't suit me once it gets here man, you've certainly got first dibs at that price.

Sounds good. Heres to hoping they don't fit!

Dj Flame Damn...ive lost out a few close ones in the past few weeks. Whoever was talking about how addicting dress shoes are on eBay a few months ago couldnt have been more right. Im in love.

cmf, you really have turned thrifting into an art. you should open up your own vintage clothing store in soho, but get your stuff from out of state thrift stores (actually, you could probably make some money sending stuff to vintage clothing stores in new york. holler at me and i'll make some calls).

ok, my turn, went to the alden store on madison ave. and picked up a pair of shell cordovans. i love these! but the thing i love the most is that i know these will not fall apart in 6 months.

myaldens.jpg

ahh cheers for the info!

will check it out next week!

yea in undercover wheni bought a jacket he wouldnt let me keep the tag which had the price on it which i can only assume is also to deter resellers....

they do this at all japanese stores, not sure why.

well i had already paid for it,,then i asked if i could keep that tag and he said no..

would have just made selling it on in a few months time that little bit easier..;)

They did that to me in the New York CDG shop. I personally think that's dumb. What if you are buying a present for someone? How would you like to get a present without tags? Go prove that it's brand new...

They did that to me in the New York CDG shop. I personally think that's dumb. What if you are buying a present for someone? How would you like to get a present without tags? Go prove that it's brand new...

Giving someone a present with the tags on? Thats fucking retarded.

If you're giving someone a present shouldn't they at least trust you enough to know that what you're giving them is either real and/or new?

Do you give someone a present with the pricetag on to show them how much you payed for the item?

Im sorry, this is just boggling my mind.

Giving someone a present with the tags on? Thats fucking retarded.

If you're giving someone a present shouldn't they at least trust you enough to know that what you're giving them is either real and/or new?

Do you give someone a present with the pricetag on to show them how much you payed for the item?

Im sorry, this is just boggling my mind.

a lot of tags have a perforated section at the bottom with the price printed on it... i always assumed this section could be safely torn off when giving a gift, allowing an easy return if it doesn't fit and avoiding the "look how much i just spent on you" dilemma...

cmf, you really have turned thrifting into an art. you should open up your own vintage clothing store in soho, but get your stuff from out of state thrift stores (actually, you could probably make some money sending stuff to vintage clothing stores in new york. holler at me and i'll make some calls).

the problem is i love to wear the stuff so much. i guess i could actually look at stuff thats not my size... but its more fun when the search is harder