Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

I picked up a Spiewak teflon jacket yesterday. I figured since its only rained once here in Seattle since the middle of June that we're due for a deluge any time now. Im getting ready now! But yeah, great price for the quality. Im in love. Ill admit I never heard of the brand until yesterday. But yeah...wow...and it was pretty inexpensive.

how are the albums?

Shining is dope, a couple tracks are a bit too weird for my taste but other are just on point, for example Baby, Love and So Far To Go are f'in sick, very soulful. Dilla is the man, no doubt.

Masta Killa was aight, a few boring tracks but a few very good ones; Pass The Bone, Street Corner, Ringing Bells..

Shining is dope, a couple tracks are a bit too weird for my taste but other are just on point, for example Baby, Love and So Far To Go are f'in sick, very soulful. Dilla is the man, no doubt.

Masta Killa was aight, a few boring tracks but a few very good ones; Pass The Bone, Street Corner, Ringing Bells..

The Shining absolutely kill, one of my favorite bands. I really didn't care much for the Masta Killa just about at all, except for those exact tracks, more or less. The rest, IMO, wasn't even worth listening to. I'm picky.

i love those alifes. the purple faux croc is crazy. i hesitated to get them, because i've heard that rtft quality isn't that great.

Alife's sneakers hold up just about as well as any other major brand. I had a pair of Canvas and suede Everybody Lows that I wore, honestly, pretty much every day for two years, and the only part that blew up on me was the sole, which cracked a tiny bit and was letting water in. I could have had the sole fixed and worn em' for another six months, I'd bet, but it was time for something new.

...man, I loved those shoes.

By the way, you go to Pratt, right?

Just recieved my EMS this morning:

Lad Musican shirt

Undercover Zip boots (my first UC piece ever)

Number (N)ine button down with skull tie bar

Lad Musician wool beanie with extended knit for knotting (not quite Snoopy yet but close) rpql2.jpg

This is from the NYC store:

rp2mu3.jpg

These are worn but still in great shape. My size on these boots was so rare, I would say I was just lucky it got listed, juno did a BIN at the starting price. Wore them today on my way home. They fit me perfect and oh so soft!

rp3fg9.jpg

Darkanimal, are you aware of any Lad fakes going around out there? I was out recently and saw the Lad x Dennis Morris button-up shirt and I think the "Noisemaker" shirt for something ridiculous, like $50, in a store that looked pretty sketch... It didn't look to be of very high quality but I've never been to Lad in Daikanyama to see the real thing....

Not aware, but thanks for bringing that up to my attention. This was a used shirt so I really didn't care, that's what auctions are about, 2nd hand at cheap prices. Plus I compared them to a real one that I bought via xcoldricex and it looks good quality and authentic. This is pretty much my last Lad shirt piece. I don't want to buy suits or jackets as I'm iffy about fit even though there are measurements.

Not aware, but thanks for bringing that up to my attention. This was a used shirt so I really didn't care, that's what auctions are about, 2nd hand at cheap prices. Plus I compared them to a real one that I bought via xcoldricex and it looks good quality and authentic. This is pretty much my last Lad shirt piece. I don't want to buy suits or jackets as I'm iffy about fit even though there are measurements.

Yeah, I like the look and people who have seen them have said they're quality and I think they're in the 800-900 dollar price range. (I think). But yeah, not being able to try them on is pretty risky.

Just recieved my EMS this morning:

Lad Musican shirt

Undercover Zip boots (my first UC piece ever)

Number (N)ine button down with skull tie bar

Lad Musician wool beanie with extended knit for knotting (not quite Snoopy yet but close)

Nice pick-ups! I don't believe there are any fake Lad Musician shirts in the market yet. They might have been Hare shirts. The current season collection of Hare also has the boxed shirts with various rock idols, wording, etc...

Nice pick up the of the wool beanie! I believe it was from the 04-05 winter collection? You get all these items (except the button down) from yahoo auctions?

The beanie said in the listing last winter, got them cheap too. I'm almost all set for my winter look. Yahoo Japan is the best market place. I'm already familiar with how the whole N(N) sizing fits in whatever piece that I'm going to get stuff from that label via Yahoo JP instead. I've found that even with the forwarding fee, it is still cheaper than N(N) NYC prices. Btw djrajio, were you the one who owned a Diet Butcher piece?

Haha, yeah and they list the new collections FW 06 at Yahoo JP. Just what you said xcoldricex they buy then sell them right away with tags. I can easily try on something in the NYC store then head back to my desktop.

hey tm, glad you got it. did you see what I'm sayin? the boots I mean

Btw djrajio, were you the one who owned a Diet Butcher piece?

I own one DBSS piece. I don't remember if I mentioned it on this board though... The new collection is kinda bananas. Also an off-shoot of DBSS is Victim Vixen Victor. Crazy S&M themed collection...

main_04.jpg

main_05.jpg