International Postage: Mark as gift and value below 40$

Agent Orange

i dont really care about ems tho, international priority is fine (takes about 7-10 days)

usa'ans and austrilians are lucky

u have high import limits so rarely pay duties

I'm sure you guys don't care, but if you pay with paypal, and your shit gets lost (which has happened numerous times with me sending packages to canada) EMS is the only tracking method that allows the sender to send your stuff safely.

how about canadians also realize that it costs like $30 to send something EMS to your country so stop trying to lowball shit! I always mark customs down though.

this is weird because people always charge an "extra 10$" (totalling 20-25$) for shit to canada and when i get packages for like a shirt or a pair of jeans or some shit the cost on the envelope is always 2$-8$.

Guest suckdick
I'm sure you guys don't care, but if you pay with paypal, and your shit gets lost (which has happened numerous times with me sending packages to canada) EMS is the only tracking method that allows the sender to send your stuff safely.

yea man, i talked to paypal about this.

it doesn't matter if you have the receipts or customs forms #, etc, etc, you are basically fucked if the package gets lost, and you don't have the tracking number with you.

which fuckin sucks cause no one fuckin wanna pay $50+ for shipping.

it doesn't matter if you have the receipts or customs forms #, etc, etc, you are basically fucked if the package gets lost, and you don't have the tracking number.

exactly, that's why as far as i'm concerned, canada is international.....it's only like $5 cheaper to send to canada vs australia.

i don't know how the insurance thing works, but just ALWAYS ship your parcels with tracking/confirmation. if it gets lost, it's not the seller's fault :rolleyes:

and as for the guy complaining about Canadians, EMS isn't ever really necessary (especially from US to Canada)

and plus, I'M tired of getting quoted like $25 USD shipping (mostly on eBay) for things that aren't even remotely USPS express or the like....every country has their share of cons :(

i agree with the above poster who said you should take off price tags; IF the buyer wants the price tag on the tag, the cost is at their risk--not the seller's.

the best way would be something like removing the tag, scratching off the price sticker, hiding the tag in a pocket (if jeans or something) :P

as per the shipping label, check the "Gift" box and as a note, write "used clothing" regardless of its actual condition. writing used clothing usually does the trick. :D

personally, i've mostly had good experiences from HK and US, except one time where some tard thought it'd be funny to write a high expense women's clothing non-gift. :mad:

it doesn't matter if you have the receipts or customs forms #, etc, etc, you are basically fucked if the package gets lost, and you don't have the tracking number with you.

MOST of CanadaPost's services include a tracking number / delivery confirmation that can be tracked online for free :(

i don't know how the insurance thing works, but just ALWAYS ship your parcels with tracking/confirmation. if it gets lost, it's not the seller's fault :rolleyes:

and as for the guy complaining about Canadians, EMS isn't ever really necessary (especially from US to Canada)

and plus, I'M tired of getting quoted like $25 USD shipping (mostly on eBay) for things that aren't even remotely USPS express or the like....every country has their share of cons :(

tracking is ONLY available from the USPS with EMS, priority does not provide tracking.

tracking is ONLY available from the USPS with EMS, priority does not provide tracking.

really? :( i've had some US parcels non-express/EMS service that had tracking numbers with them. are you sure you can't buy a tracking number service for an additional few dollars? if not, that really sucks for you guys :o

the whole markdown think failed for me last time.. instead I got a mail from customs that wanted to see a reciept for how much I had payed. I guess they got suspicious why a pair of boots was marked as 30$...

really? the dior boots i'm selling came priority in box with price stickers all over it, but the shipping label said $30 USD gift. i guess i got lucky :)

so does anyone know how customs works? judging by my random chances of getting booked, am i to presume that customs doesn't open ALL packages to check? :confused:

Guest suckdick

yeah i asked everytime when i send things internationally, but they always say NO FUCKER NO TRACKING HOW MANY TYMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YA FUCKER GO AWAY OR FUCKIN USE EMS YOU ARE TOO CHEAP TO USE EMS? BHAHAHA EMS FTW FUCKER

i've never had a package opened, but had plenty of charges on items because of the ticket on the outside.

i guess they may only open it it the package seems suspectly low value?

thats what my exp is

you get the marked value

DDML - when you put the value on the package that'll be all you can claim for.

it really sucks when you are actually sending gifts abroad and not trying to skip import duty!

i cant quite believe that you get the marked value. because whenever i send stuff away, no matter if insured or not, i just fill out the customs sticker and they put it on the package - they do not copy the value or write it down somewhere. so, how are you gonna get the marked value back, if the only place it is written on is the lost package? i think the value declaration is just for customs.

i cant quite believe that you get the marked value...

I think i've expressed that wrong - each type of postage, in the Uk atleast, has a ceratin value of insurance, if you are posting a higher priced item that goes over that you can only claim the maximum values for that type of postage.

the standard postage in the uk is covered up to £32 i think. what i was trying to convey was that if you'd marked an item down and not paid for the insurance for its true value, you get what ever you have insured it for back.