Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

We'll have copies of the Denim Master Lightning issue for sale at Self Edge in a couple of weeks for those of you that are local..

i checked the two japanese bookstores i know of around here and found out they're both out of stock for the denim indigo masters. they won't be getting them until the end of the year or even new years. i'll keep my eyes open, but sounds like you'll have better chance getting them from kiya or the bookstores in san fran or new york right now. they should be about $15-16 without shipping.

Chicken, do you know of any good bookstores in Midtown? I checked the store at Rockefeller Center and thier magazine section was very thin (50% off sale! Wish I had known, all the Free & Easy's were long gone.)

the only other one i know in that area is asahiya on 45th, between 5th and madison.

Asahiya Bookstores New York

360 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017

Phone: (212)883-0011

[email protected]

We'll have copies of the Denim Master Lightning issue for sale at Self Edge in a couple of weeks for those of you that are local..

Any ETA on when those are coming in? I'll get one from you guys if you're going to beat kinokuniya

It seems very hard buying the magazine 'Denim indigo master' in western country.

In my country Korea (even if it's too expensive ) there's about 5 stocks in bookstore.

Only one bookstore sells the 'Denim indigo master'.

http://www.widebook.co.kr/bemarket/shop/index.php?pageurl=page_goodsdetail&uid=8074

And 'Lightning Denim magazine' 2nd edition is also in stock. ( also about 5 )

2nd edition published 8/2006 , and there's information about almost all kinds of

Japanese replica jeans brands.

'Denim indigo master' is 3rd editon Lightning denim special magazine.

Each of those books sells on USD $16.

http://www.widebook.co.kr/bemarket/shop/index.php?pageurl=page_goodsdetail&uid=7781

I think that's very expensive. The original price in Japan is 998(incl tax) yen!!

But if you can't find the store and if you really want to buy them. I can help you.

If you send me books price + shipping cost (to one's own country)

I can ship this book to you. I have a paypal.

Just send me private message.

so i found 8 copies in a bookstore of mine selling for about $10. including shipping, itll be $20. i really only want to sell within the US right now, unless youre willing to pay international shipping (i dont know how much that is, but its probably more expensive).

pm me.

edit: i wouldnt mind a tip or something for my troubles *wink wink* :).

Thanks!

Did you get it in the states? if so could you get another copy and send it to me?

same goes for me

I couldn't stand the stretched-out waist and threw these in the washer last night. 42 minute warm/cold cycle, low spin, low soil level, handwash mode. This is the second wash. First wash took place right after the jeans came in the mail, on 11/14/07. As of 12/21/01 the jeans had one month one week of wear.

Before 2nd wash:

Waist: 19.5

Inseam: 32.5

Front rise: 11.5

Back rise: 16.75 (I don't know how it stretched 1 1/4 inch...)

Hem: 8.75 (stretched 1/4 inch)

wash2before1.jpg

wash2before2.jpg

wash2before3.jpg

wash2before3-1.jpg

wash2before4.jpg

wash2before5.jpg

wash2before6.jpg

wash2before7.jpg

I couldn't stand the stretched-out waist and threw these in the washer last night. 42 minute warm/cold cycle, low spin, low soil level, handwash mode. This is the second wash. First wash took place right after the jeans came in the mail, on 11/14/07. As of 12/21/01 the jeans had one month one week of wear.

Before 2nd wash:

Waist: 19.5

Inseam: 32.5

Front rise: 11.5

Back rise: 16.75 (I don't know how it stretched 1 1/4 inch...)

Hem: 8.75 (stretched 1/4 inch)

wash2before1.jpg

wash2before2.jpg

wash2before3.jpg

wash2before3-1.jpg

wash2before4.jpg

wash2before5.jpg

wash2before6.jpg

wash2before7.jpg

Fit:

First wash

dbca574e.jpg

Second wash (Original pic was too dark, so I turned up the contrast and played with the colors.)

SUFU660212.jpg

First wash

8f6af7eb.jpg

Second wash

SUFU66022.jpg

First wash

535fc547.jpg

Second wash

SUFU66023.jpg

For some reason these shrank another inch in the inseam. I put the jeans on the floor, stood on the waist, and tried to stretch the inseam by pulling the legs. I was able to stretch them back to 32.5, but within a few minutes, they'd dropped down to 32.25. Anybody else getting weird stretching/shrinking? It's not a measurement issue. I measure the same way every time, and I checked all the measurement several times to make sure I'd gotten it right.

Fit:

First wash

dbca574e.jpg

Second wash (Original pic was too dark, so I turned up the contrast and played with the colors.)

SUFU660212.jpg

First wash

8f6af7eb.jpg

Second wash

SUFU66022.jpg

First wash

535fc547.jpg

Second wash

SUFU66023.jpg

For some reason these shrank another inch in the inseam. I put the jeans on the floor, stood on the waist, and tried to stretch the inseam by pulling the legs. I was able to stretch them back to 32.5, but within a few minutes, they'd dropped down to 32.25. Anybody else getting weird stretching/shrinking? It's not a measurement issue. I measure the same way every time, and I checked all the measurement several times to make sure I'd gotten it right.

Went to the local Kinokuniya to look for the 'Denim Indigo Master' magazine but couldn't find it at all. I did find this though

Cover.jpg

Inside pages

Samurai.jpg

Sugarcane.jpg

Vintage.jpg

There were about 6 more copies left on the rack. If anybody wants a copy, send me a PM. The mag costs USD10. Just add the shipping cost and 4% to cover for the paypal charges.

Went to the local Kinokuniya to look for the 'Denim Indigo Master' magazine but couldn't find it at all. I did find this though

Cover.jpg

Inside pages

Samurai.jpg

Sugarcane.jpg

Vintage.jpg

There were about 6 more copies left on the rack. If anybody wants a copy, send me a PM. The mag costs USD10. Just add the shipping cost and 4% to cover for the paypal charges.