Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

I'd get them rehemmed anyway whether you get more taken off or not. The hem spacing seems wonky, a little too much distance between the end of the pant and the stitching or something (or my eyes are just playing tricks on me).

On second thought maybe I'm just getting thrown off by the wearing angle on the right leg in the second picture.

Bit late, but damn...those look awesome. Sized down 7 from true waist though, wow... And tbh, they don't even look that tight, either. Props for the fit Gordon.

there seems to be a misconception.

From what i understand everyone has a bigger waist than their jean size.

Gordon was 35 waist, but only a size 32 in jeans. A 30 in the warehouse contest jeans

is equal to a 32 so in reality a 29 would be sized down one, a 28 would be 2 and 27 would be 3. Think of APC sizing.

The first month has passed, and fast at that, so now it's time for the monthly evolution pictures! No closeups or anything, since I think it's too early...

onemonth01.jpgonemonth02.jpg

onemonth03.jpg

Think I'm gonna do a soak today, maybe get them to shrink up just a little bit more, since they stretched a lot.

some pics for amusement

first repair: inside right leg near crotch

crotchrepair-1.jpg

thigh was as slim as i wanted but waist was a tad too big.....so added a few darts.... with green thread for added spice

darts-1.jpg

possibly cheesy, but just for fun added levi's (small e) tab from crappy old 527's i was cutting up / tossing out. warehouse shouldn't mind, they've used tabs themselves. thought about altering the wording to read warehouse or sufu, but couldn't figure out a way to do it.

addedtab.jpg

sewing skillz are still rather amateurish i'm afraid

if I were Warehouse I would use the contest to tweak the pattern of the 660 and come out with a new spec that address some of the issues others have had, namely:

crotch wear

leg tapering

seat fit

They could call it the 661 or seomthing like that...and they wouldn't have to stop producing the 660 either, just offer an alternative based on feedback. I mean, how often is it that you get to receive voluntary feedback from hundreds of paying customers on how better to improve your product?

Just a thought...

^

i know, gordon told me the other day that his size 28 (33 raw, barely soaked and measured 31 when he started to wear them) are now starting to sag, and he and I wear the same size ... wtf? i ended up with a 33 and they haven't stretched out that much, but i should have got a 32 in retrospect.