Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

Should I be worried that my jeans went to Wescosville, PA and the tracking hasn't been updated since the 5th? I live in Washington state. My shipping info is right on the BiG site/emails...maybe I got the wrong tracking # :confused:

2qth72x.jpg

\

yo, wild guess but it might be because if theyre shipping by ground...it was processed in Wescosville PA and is being driven right now to WA so it may take a few days to process it in WA...i may be wrong...most likel i am wrong so you should check up wiht that. lol

\

yo, wild guess but it might be because if theyre shipping by ground...it was processed in Wescosville PA and is being driven right now to WA so it may take a few days to process it in WA...i may be wrong...most likel i am wrong so you should check up wiht that. lol

correct. i called DHL cause i had the same type of issue. they were sent via ground so it will update when it arrives at the new facility. probably today or tomorrow.

I did a:

Hot soak (2 hours)

Cold soak (1 hour)

Hot dry (15 min)

Hot Hot Hot soak (2hours)

Cold dry (2 hours)

Hot Hot soak (5hours)

cold soak (20min)

kinda hot soak (50min)

hang dry (all day)

Piss soak (15 min)

That is what finally did it. The piss soak finally got them down to BIGs measurements. I suggest anyone trying to get them all the way down to just do a quick piss soak. Worked for me.

I did a:

Hot soak (2 hours)

Cold soak (1 hour)

Hot dry (15 min)

Cold dry (2 hours)

Hot Hot soak (5hours)

cold soak (20min)

kinda hot soak (50min)

hang dry (all day)

Piss soak (15 min)

I think it was the " Hot Hot soak (5hours)" followed by "cold soak (20min)" that did it for you. I've found that always causes maximum shrinkage. But who knows, it could have been the piss.

Yeah USPS was better for me to the UK because it saved me about $20 and there is less chance of getting customs slapped on top compared to DHL, who will also rape you with fees if customs are charged. It wasn't an option on the order page but it was mentioned somewhere.

i think i remember that.. and i'm pretty sure i paid for that or something, not DHL (who charged me $51.75).... i don't know anymore

I did a:

Hot soak (2 hours)

Cold soak (1 hour)

Hot dry (15 min)

Cold dry (2 hours)

Hot Hot soak (5hours)

cold soak (20min)

kinda hot soak (50min)

hang dry (all day)

Piss soak (15 min)

That is what finally did it. The piss soak finally got them down to BIGs measurements. I suggest anyone trying to get them all the way down to just do a quick piss soak. Worked for me.

urine has large amounts of nitrogen which helps the indigo bind to the cotton better. by using a piss soak, you can get maximum shrinkage whilst maintaining indigo dye levels and minimizing residual indigo crocking. also, the salt in urine naturally and gently draws out the sizing (starch) in a new pair of jeans. urine passing through your body is at a nice warm temperature that will cause your denim to shrink nicely.

so why doesn't everybody do a piss soak?

well, the real question is, how do you get enough piss to submerge jeans into? the solution is to get a bunch of your buddies to piss into the tub on your jeans until your jeans are fully submerged in piss. or, you can save up your piss in glass jars until you have enough urine for the job. when the time comes to do your piss soak, all you have to do is put your glass jar in the microwave for about a minute. what this does is destroy any bacteria that may have developed in your piss while you were saving up for the soak AND it heats up the piss for maximum shrinkage. you can avoid this by storing your urine containers in your refrigerator, which keeps bacteria growth to a manageable level, until you are ready to use them. but don't worry about a little bacteria on your jeans, after all, "they're just jeans!"

a cautionary note: refrain from asparagus if you are going to do a piss soak. also, taking a multivitamin before pissing could cause an unwanted orangish tint to your weft yarns.

after soaking for an hour or so, rinse with warm water and hang or tumble dry.

and that's it! piss soaking = maximum shrinkage + maximum sizing (starch) removal + minimal indigo crocking. plus, it's fun--you can do it with your family, friends or your significant other.

\

As I'm sure I'm the only person with a house in Wescosville here, I was mostly disturbed because last time I checked there is no DHL office in Wescosville. Its an area just outside of Allentown roughly a mile wide and a mile long. We have three suburban neighborhoods, a post office, three gas stations, and two chinese food restaurants. I haven't been back in a few months, but seriously I don't know how the hell DHL is hiding an office there.

Put jeans in bucket with about 1 loaf of stool and one days urine, (be sure to stir it all together). Cover for 1 hour to 1 weeks, Lift lid and breathe deep.

serious shrinking, and body high, tastes awful for weeks though,

urine has large amounts of nitrogen which helps the indigo bind to the cotton better. by using a piss soak, you can get maximum shrinkage whilst maintaining indigo dye levels and minimizing residual indigo crocking. also, the salt in urine naturally and gently draws out the sizing (starch) in a new pair of jeans. urine passing through your body is at a nice warm temperature that will cause your denim to shrink nicely.

well, the real question is, how do you get enough piss to submerge jeans into? the solution is to get a bunch of your buddies to piss into the tub on your jeans until your jeans are fully submerged in piss. or, you can save up your piss in glass jars until you have enough urine for the job. when the time comes to do your piss soak, all you have to do is put your glass jar in the microwave for about a minute. what this does is destroy any bacteria that may have developed in your piss while you were saving up for the soak AND it heats up the piss for maximum shrinkage. you can avoid this by storing your urine containers in your refrigerator, which keeps bacteria growth to a manageable level, until you are ready to use them. but don't worry about a little bacteria on your jeans, after all, "they're just jeans!"

a cautionary note: refrain from asparagus if you are going to do a piss soak. also, taking a multivitamin before pissing could cause an unwanted orangish tint to your weft yarns.

and that's it! piss soaking = maximum shrinkage + maximum sizing (starch) removal + minimal indigo crocking. plus, it's fun--you can do it with your family, friends or your significant other.

You took that biochem class in college also? I thought I was the only one.

Also, regarding the jizz soak. I fucking can't believe you guys let that secret out of the bag. Now all these noobies, no what is up with denim... God damn it. I am really pissed off now.

I can assure you, as a scientist and a doctor, Miz speaks nothing but the truth.

sorry, rnr....

still on for jizz-soak fridays??? ;)

Looking forward to it.

i have tried this and it works so good. but the only problem was that i smelled homeless afterward (no hobo).