Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

Hey Anton, is that a '00 6R poking it's nose into the picture?

I'm not a bike expert, but did you mean to say R6 and not 6R?

edited: Nevermind. I thought you meant Yahama R6 before I googled and came up with the Kawasaki ZX-6R as well.

And Anton - sick fit! Mine fit a bit baggier than that but I think you've got one of the best fits so far.

How can you tell how his fit? It's hard to tell where the background starts and the jeans end.

Idk. I think the fit can still be seen fairly clearly, even with all the photoshop and background et al. At the very least, it's one of the better silhoulettes of these jeans so far.

And anton, I agree w/ everyone else, those do indeed fit very nicely, well done.

Hey Anton, is that a '00 6R poking it's nose into the picture?
Yeah, the 6 series bikes can be kind of confusing. I was thinking about getting a 6R but ended up getting an '06 R6 instead.
Speaking of 6s...we all have 660s.

Yeah we are "stabling" the Ninja for the winter, it's an 02 or 01 ZX6R, good eyes the lot of you have.

anton....almost perfect fit....once the seat stretches out a little bit they'll be amazing.

Got some bike riding to do in them, get them behaving soon as I can.

Anton, great fit. Are those true to size or sized down one?
Anton, I'm curious, did you order true to size, or go down one? The fit looks great.

My only other pairs of jeans are size 32 Black Coated Thinn Finns and size 31 Dry Comfort Nudies... The only jeans in the "not shit" realm that I could try on before I bought. I wouldn't have bought either if the stiching on the pockets had been orange. The coated blacks fit pretty loose and waist sits on the top of my hips. The 31's are snug in the thigh but the waist has stretched to where it sits basically like the Blacks.

These are size 30's, which is my actual waist size. When the jean was unwashed it sat about where my still unwashed black nudies sit (keeping stretch in mind) The legs are stock length because honestly months ago when I ordered these, choosing an inseam to hem them to was way over my head.

I guess I sort of sized down then, I figured I'd do these their due and wear them on my waist and get the real feeling of discomfort doing that last button up. Been in them 5-6 hours though and the "knuckling" I was feeling is letting up a bit.

I'm not a bike expert, but did you mean to say R6 and not 6R?

edited: Nevermind. I thought you meant Yahama R6 before I googled and came up with the Kawasaki ZX-6R as well.

And Anton - sick fit! Mine fit a bit baggier than that but I think you've got one of the best fits so far.

Idk. I think the fit can still be seen fairly clearly, even with all the photoshop and background et al. At the very least, it's one of the better silhoulettes of these jeans so far.

And anton, I agree w/ everyone else, those do indeed fit very nicely, well done.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Diamonds did the photo shop, and the photo shoot, the colour is less weft I'd say is a little less obvious than these pictures lend. We both have shitty cameras. Our friend has a Digital SLR and some highschool photo skills, maybe we will get a real set once Diamonds gets his pair (hopefully soon), also Timber has a nice camera... and a tripod...

Rise is a bit high butnot overwhelmingly high. Still thinking about sizing down 1, will see.

I soaked them twice sofar. I<'mknow thinking about resoaking themand throwing em in the dryer for 30 minutes, take out all the shrinking. Will post update tonight.

Rise is a bit high butnot overwhelmingly high. Still thinking about sizing down 1, will see.

I soaked them twice sofar. I<'mknow thinking about resoaking themand throwing em in the dryer for 30 minutes, take out all the shrinking. Will post update tonight.

I don't think you should size down anymore... to me they look almost uncomfotably tight. see how much they stretch out with normal wear before changing.

What do y'all think about a location map? I can maintain it so long as it doesn't take too much time. We can add pictures of fits and some info to the pins. For instance, if you click on the one I set up for myself in Austin, TX, USA, I have an example set up even though I don't have my jeans yet.

I figured I can set up an account just for the contest so it can be passed off if someone else ends up taking over.

I can imbed it if one of the mods will help me out with that. I posted the imbedding string below the actual link. It is basically he same deal as the "Supertalkers" section of SuFu but specialized for this contest; yuo know, in case folks want to meet up and spill beer on each other's jeans.

MAP

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=1&s=AARTsJoOpQdFLQKvVRRFKkcnNmqWR9ps2Q&msa=0&msid=111595545589483700789.00043de4d0354a109a469&ll=30.297018,-97.734375&spn=69.5808,112.5&z=3&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=1&msa=0&msid=111595545589483700789.00043de4d0354a109a469&ll=30.297018,-97.734375&spn=69.5808,112.5&z=3&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

The map is great CP. I think it would be cool as long as updating it does not consume you.

P.S. I grew up just outside of Dallas. I've spent a lot of time in Austin, great music town.

I hope to only have to do it once and it shouldn't be more than 150 people (right?) so, we'll see. I don't know how to make it look all imbedded and flashy here though.

Yeah, Austin is a good place but getting a bit crowded for my tastes.