Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

For those in the U.S., did you have to sign for the DHL package? I just got my shipping email but won't be home during the day.

I didn't have to. I got home from class and they were waiting for me, and to my knowledge, nobody was at my house to sign for them.

I'd be irate if I missed the delivery man and had to wait another day to get them.

yea findmybetterhalfs are the best fit imo.

and sizings the same as is coming for me so i'm stoked

so you said you didnt do a bathtub soak at all?

just hot washer then hot dryer?... w/o soaps n shit obviously (right)

yep after reading so much about everyone having sizing problems, i figured i'd go straight for the hot wash and hot dry. i know the hot wash probably lost abit of indigo but highly doubt its enough to slightly effect the way the jeans are gonna fade.

In regards to signing for the package, I think it depends on who delivers it. Because DHL works with USPS in more suburbs/rural areas (and maybe even urban areas, I don't really know) to deliver smaller packages. If DHL delivers it, you may have to sign. If your normal mail carrier delivers it, it may just be delivery conf. or something else.

I'm pretty sure that is how it works.:o

Mine came in unexpected this morning.

Figured since I hadn't heard anything yet I would be in the second batch and planned on mailing Gordon today to ask if he could undervalue the package.

Too late! Had to pay a Whopping €59 (yes that is indeed $85!!!) import taxes and shit.

Not exactly fun....

Now have to look into sizing stuff as the raw fit is already pretty good, relaxed slim with some room in the waist. Might have to change if these shrink alot.

Currently thinking about a traditional bathtub soak with me in them, should shrink the waist down to perfect....

Hmmmm.

edit: Oh and forgot, size 31 nr 31 Cool!

post soak fit. the thighs are actually looser than I expected. I probably could have gone down a size at least. hot soak and hot wash, hung dry (I don't have a dryer). I suppose it will shrink a little further with a few more washes. W34. 5'9" 180lbs.

whs04.jpg

whs03.jpg

I think you could've sized down 2. We're about the same weight (but I'm 6ft) and normally wear a 33 in raw and a 34 in one wash. The experts here adviced me to get a 32.

The BiG measurements were a bit confusing. The thighs on these were supposed to be 12.5in post shrink. Normally that would be sort of loose (based on SE's upper thigh measurement), but I got a pair of XX-007 (which according to BiG is also supposed to be 12.5in OXS) and the thighs on that were way too tight. Confusing. I'm going to take them down to the local laundromat and give them a tumble in the industrial strength dryer, get it down a little further. The fit itself doesn't bother me too much. It feels sort of like my SC41955 except with a slightly bigger waist. Loose repro fit. I could have gone down to 33. 32 would have been too tight in the thigh to be comfortable. I've got slim fitting jeans in my collection (Nudie SS, DJ HR01, Pace 006) if I'm in the mood and I didn't want my comp jeans to fit like them (otherwise I wouldn't wear them as much).

DSC_0714.JPG

#169 REPORTING TO DUTY. just received today in mail. hot wash and hot dryer and shrunk enough to fit snug on me. think it lost a bit of indigo in the wash...

DSC_0715.JPG

DSC_0719.JPG

here are some post wash fits.

fmbh,

how tall are you? are u getting them hemmed? great fit by the way!

Contestant #23 checking in.

SuFu23-1.jpg">

My jeans were shipped out on 24 October and delivered on 30 October to my Bangkok residence. No problems with customs or anything else.

I will agree that I’m unimpressed with the hardware (both rivets and buttons), but the denim feels excellent. The denim makes me think of my Sammies, more than, say, my SC 47s, SC 45s or 5EPs. They’re thick, and I’m planning to spend this coming year mostly in Burma. I’ll get plenty of sweat soaking on these heavy babes!

My jeans are tagged size 36.

Pre-soak measurements (I did just the basics)

Waist: 40â€

Inseam: 34â€

Soak routine: I repeatedly changed the water to get as much starch out as possible. Very little indigo loss. I used a big bucket, as I don’t have a tub in this residence. I used really warm water, as my little shower unit here doesn’t get that hot. I don’t think it is necessary to go that hot when you do the repeated changes of water. The proof?

Post-soak measurements:

Waist: 36â€

Inseam: 32â€

Only because I’ve put on about 20 lbs in the last 6 months, these are a fat-boy SuFu fit. Either these will stretch to accommodate or I might just get off my lazy fat ass and lose a few pounds. Preferably, the latter. I’ve been wearing my SC 47s, which are a true anti-fit. The tighter fit on these are hot! (weather-wise). Indigo_Junkie said he thought they were like his SC 55s. Not mine! Much tighter in the thighs, for sure. (But, as noted, I need to drop those 20 lbs!

The photos show the fit on my daughter. She was having fun.

SuFuFit-1.jpg">

She wants to break 'em in.

Guest Arcarsenal

^^^ looking at fndmybetterhalf's fit I am really pumped to get my 29s now. I think they got shipped to my parents house, and they're getting forwarded to me in Chicago today... Can't wait!

#169 REPORTING TO DUTY. just received today in mail. hot wash and hot dryer and shrunk enough to fit snug on me. think it lost a bit of indigo in the wash...

DSC_0715.JPG

Wow - my favorite pair so far - fit wise..care to shaer details such as size / ur normal size / and your height and weight ?

Thanks ....;)

thanks for the compliments you guys, already after a full day of wear, the jeans are beginnign to fit a bit more baggy. but im very happy with the fit. as for details go, its tagged size 29, i usually wear 30 or 31...but with the measurements o BIG, 29 seemed about right. I wanted a pair to be slightly looser than what i usually wear, so im very happy with the way they fit. I'm 5'10" and roughly 160lbs. i think after the end of this week, i'll be doing a hot soak in the tub to shrink it slightly more, cuz i think its not all the way shrunken up yet.

DSC_0714.JPG

Well shit, you and jschenkkan have yours...I'm in Seattle too, and not even an email saying it's on the way. Did you get any confirmation or did it just arrive in the mail? Just curious; It'd be nice to get them before I go to Hawaii on the 1st.

to those who dont like the hardware... what exactly is it you dont like? i thought the iron made rivets(iron center, copper plated) and buttons were a great detail... with lots of wear they should start to rust a bit to good effect.

I don't know exactly what I don't like, but the buttons seem a little light weight. Also, all of my buttons are already rusted... like they bought them from the salvage yard (that's right salvage not selvedge). The rivets I don't mind, but the buttons look and feel "cheep" to me. Maybe that is why you like them...

I kinda like the rust too... and maybe it is that I am used to samurai's buttons, which I really like. These could grow on me. Everything but that, I love about the jeans. Fit, denim (still can't believe these cost us $145), selvedge color, etc.

Ohh and that bandana that I mentioned earlier was a nice touch as well...