shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

being lactose intolerant hella sucks. i ran out of my lactaid milk and didnt remember so i had served myself a nice big bowl of cocoa pebbles, and had to use regular milk, i even took a lactaid pill but my stomach is still growling right now.

i hate digital SLRs and how they have turned photography into a medium that was primarily about taking interesting/beautiful pictures, into a medium in which photographs are judged based not on their content and composition, but on what hugely-expensive body and lens they were shot with (since everyone takes the same shitty pictures of city architecture and "candids" of pedestrians these days).

^my interest in photography has slowed because of this. Seeing alot of people go out and buy expensive equipment then fancy themselves photographers because their blase shots have alot of technology backing them up

Nowadays i'm looking for the most archiac camera I can find to really test my skills

i hate digital SLRs and how they have turned photography into a medium that was primarily about taking interesting/beautiful pictures, into a medium in which photographs are judged based not on their content and composition, but on what hugely-expensive body and lens they were shot with (since everyone takes the same shitty pictures of city architecture and "candids" of pedestrians these days).
I hate them too. But mostly because I can't afford them. I'm having fun with my Yashica for now.

Techology is good for its intended purpose. In the case of DSLRs, it allows you to learn & make mistakes without the cost associated with film. If anything is to be criticized, it's that people are generally not picky enough with their photos. I throw away about 95-98% of my shots (well, because I suck). Yes, people have expensive DSLRs that they don't know how to use. Yes, people take lots of shitty pictures and show them to everyone. But DSLRs are one of the best things introduced to photography in a long time.

digital slrs may be great for photography, but I don't know if they're good for photographers.

I am completely against the marginalization of skilled trades by "hobbyiests"

these days anybody with creative suite is a designer, and anybody with a two-grand camera is a photographer, and anybody with final cut pro is a director, and anybody with a blog is a journalist. I could go on and on.

^But I think that when compared to an enthusiest that has the experience as well as talent to back their skill, hobbiests are decisively inferior. Alot of people may be messing around with artistic mediums, but their interest won't last and I doubt they will commit the time necessary to compete against a professional

I hate them too. But mostly because I can't afford them. I'm having fun with my Yashica for now.

I love my Yashica T4. I'll never go digital. I don't hate digital and I know it is a learning curve, but I don't like how it looks like.

Fuji 1600 or 3200 black and white is all I need!!!!!!!

Guest supernoob

shit im not feelin lately

1. SHARK NIGGAZ

2. NIGGAZ WHO 2 GOOD 4 SHIT - U WASNT 2 GOOD 4 DAT SHIT 10 YRS AGO NOW HUH? DUN CHANGED HUH???

3. NIGGAZ WHO TRY 2 B GUTTER WEN THEY AINT BOUT SHIT.

shit im not feelin lately

2. NIGGAZ WHO 2 GOOD 4 SHIT - U WASNT 2 GOOD 4 DAT SHIT 10 YRS AGO NOW HUH? DUN CHANGED HUH???

quote]

word!

from stussy/wack jeans to raf,popular jap brands, rick owens.

I love my Yashica T4. I'll never go digital. I don't hate digital and I know it is a learning curve, but I don't like how it looks like.

Fuji 1600 or 3200 black and white is all I need!!!!!!!

i have a kyocera t4 and i love the quality of pictures such a point and shoot will give. one day i'll pony up and buy a yashica one

digital slrs may be great for photography, but I don't know if they're good for photographers.

these days anybody with creative suite is a designer, and anybody with a two-grand camera is a photographer, and anybody with final cut pro is a director, and anybody with a blog is a journalist. I could go on and on.

i can't agree here more. everyone who has an apple and pro tools rig thinks they're fucking moby who sucks anyway so the joke's on you. bob ludwig ftw

I know you hate me (and anything related to me), but what kind of stuff do you shoot/what kind of equipment do you use?

The ones with true skill/talent are still in demand, appreciated, and get paid handsomely. If anything, rather than being marginalized, they're easier to identify.

It's hard to define. If you are reputable, having good representation, or are well connected in your particular field, getting good visibility in your industry will be much easier. Skill/talent can definitely be marginalized by the fact that if you refuse to do a job, companies can just find another joe blow who'll do it for less.

Though I do agree with what you're saying to a certain degree, but there are other factors involved past the talent/skill/vision of photography... that unfortunately make a bigger difference than we'd all like it to.

It's hard to define. If you are reputable, having good representation, or are well connected in your particular field, getting good visibility in your industry will be much easier. Skill/talent can definitely be marginalized by the fact that if you refuse to do a job, companies can just find another joe blow who'll do it for less.

Though I do agree with what you're saying to a certain degree, but there are other factors involved past the talent/skill/vision of photography... that unfortunately make a bigger difference than we'd all like it to.

I agree completely – there are numerous factors to consider, and many of them don't favour skill/talent. By the same token, I dis-agree with this rather simple/linear equation :

acess to tools == increased mediocrity == marginalization of skill/talent