Wrangler Repro Appreciate Thread

gimmegimme

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=36956

I always skip the Evisu threads...I'm gonna have to start paying closer attention!

That link redirects to the ny times article about that la denim place. But yeah that thread is actually what sparked my interest a out these jeans. I've been debating on getting those or a pair of eternal 864s. But I really like the greencast and the fat that they're raw so I'll have to see the pricepoint for them.

From my understanding there were two different cuts on their wrangler repros..

The Evisu Brown Box model comes in two different fits. Evisu's classic 0001 block and a new slim-fit classic western block named the 0005

After soaking the Evisu 0005 Brown Box jeans this weekend, I compared fits post soak to my SDA X-26s. While I just eyeballed the rises, legs, and waist, the Evisu's size 34 were pretty close to my SDA's 34 post stretch.

I'm going to hot soak the Evisu's once more before I get them hemmed. After I wear them, I'll contribute some sizing information.

The Evisu Brown Box model comes in two different fits. Evisu's classic 0001 block and a new slim-fit classic western block named the 0005

After soaking the Evisu 0005 Brown Box jeans this weekend, I compared fits post soak to my SDA X-26s. While I just eyeballed the rises, legs, and waist, the Evisu's size 34 were pretty close to my SDA's 34 post stretch.

I'm going to hot soak the Evisu's once more before I get them hemmed. After I wear them, I'll contribute some sizing information.

Do you have the actual Wrangler repros or just a pair with the same cut?

Do you have the actual Wrangler repros or just a pair with the same cut?

I'm not exactly sure when you mean. I own the SDA XS-26 jeans featured in your original post. If memory serves me correctly, the model is based on a Wrangler 11MW, although I'm not sure what year ...perhaps the 1948?

11MW 1948

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/vintage/contents/015.html

I'm not exactly sure when you mean. I own the SDA XS-26 jeans featured in your original post. If memory serves me correctly, the model is based on a Wrangler 11MW, although I'm not sure what year ...perhaps the 1948?

11MW 11948

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/vintage/contents/015.html

Sorry, I was referring to your new Evisu's...are they the Wrangler repro that Cheep is getting?

Sorry, I was referring to your new Evisu's...are they the Wrangler repro that Cheep is getting?

I have a pair with the 0005 cut (new slim western fit).

I wouldn't call the Evisu's a repro, since they lack most of the 11MW's historical details. At the same time, I really pleased with the broken twill, since the SDA's XS-26 have lht.

I see the Evisu's as a painted tribute to the iconic tabs/patches of Wranglers and Levis. At the same time, I love how Evisu injected their brand identity, mostly a sense of humor with a little irreverence, into this model.

I have a pair with the 0005 cut (new slim western fit).

I wouldn't call the Evisu's a repro, since they lack most of the 11MW's historical details. At the same time, I really pleased with the broken twill, since the SDA's XS-26 have lht.

I see the Evisu's in FW as a painted tribute to the iconic tabs/patches of Wrangler and Levis.

Ok...I wasn't sure if you had the evisu wranglers, or just a pair of evisus with the same cut....nevermind.

And the term "repro" is used loosely...no point in getting too technical..."inspired", "homage".:D

sized up 2... these are 32 and im a 30 in everything.

they feel great... love the cut, the denim is really special. smooth feel, but very irregular at the same time. sort of thin compared to my sams, but id say a 14oz denim. im gonna be wearing these alot.

These look awesome. I thought that the places in Philly that carry evisu (listed on their site) are all ghetto stores but if anyone can tell me a retailer there that MIGHT carry these or anywhere in NYC that definitely would?

Ditto for my local retailers too...they only get the ugly shit in size 36+.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

just out of curiosity do this trs qualify as a wrangler repro, cause when i first saw them i kinda thought that this was the look that they were going for. http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~ibiki44/truereligion-logan-m242018e7-1w-softrigid.htm

just out of curiosity do this trs qualify as a wrangler repro, cause when i first saw them i kinda thought that this was the look that they were going for. http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~ibiki44/truereligion-logan-m242018e7-1w-softrigid.htm

They must have been going for that, the details couldn't be anything but an attempt to throw back to wrangler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...