Wrangler Repro Appreciate Thread

gimmegimme

Yes, Maverick is/was a division of Bluebell. Not sure, but they might have been a range rebadged to go thru a specific distributor.

Let's not forget the current reissues. I have a 27MW (the Steve McQueen shirt) which is a thing of beauty.

I knew you'd be able to confirm that. ;)

Pics of beauty-shirt please. Out of the current reissues, is there a specific branch to look for...ie - japanese or euro? I have a wrangler cowboy shirt I bought cheapie cheapie...but its euro made.

edit - are any reissues made in japan? I was just assuming...I see all the stuff on Cultizm is made in Poland.

Edwin are a Wrangelr licensee in Japan, aren't they? I thought I saw some of their jeans on this thread, maybe I hallucinated. It would seem natural, both Lee and Wrangler owned by VF corporation. (As is Seven For All Mankind now)

The 27MW and other Euro reissues use Turkish fabric from Orta; I haven't tried the jeans on, would like to, but they look good in the flesh. Altho really I think they shoudl launch a 60s cut.

thats true. broken twill does have a nice look to it. speaking of broken twill the evisu one do have it.

I'm still waiting for Evisu's Fall line for these to come out evisu-wrangler-new.jpg

well dont wait too long.

http://www.volls.de/shop/index.php?cat=WG01&product=EV-JE992802

If we're being picky about things (which I am)...I'd have to say I like the SDA's the best...they appear to be the "truest" repro (that isn't made by Wrangler itself). That being said, I probably still wouldn't buy them, because the cut looks a bit too loose for me.

I like the cut best on the Sam's, but they missed the mark on some of the best details Wrangler's had to offer (which is why I went with Sam's Leepro instead).

Edwin's models are, I'm sure, very accurate because they have the license...but Edwin doesn't appeal to me for some reason (bad mass-market appeal in N.A.?)

I'm sure the denim on the Yamane's is beautiful in person, but $600.:eek: The stitching is also pretty darn ugly.

So I guess that leaves the Evisu's! Not that I need any more jeans. :o

thats true. broken twill does have a nice look to it. speaking of broken twill the evisu one do have it.

well dont wait too long.

http://www.volls.de/shop/index.php?cat=WG01&product=EV-JE992802

From my understanding there were two different cuts on their wrangler repros. The ones on that link are a larger, looser fit, but according to the evisu blog there is supposed to be a slimmer fit as well. Both seem to be on here, http://www.futurenet.co.it/eng/evisu_lookbook_heritage.asp but I'm hoping they'll be released stateside so I can see how the fit is.

Yes, Maverick is/was a division of Bluebell. Not sure, but they might have been a range rebadged to go thru a specific distributor.

Let's not forget the current reissues. I have a 27MW (the Steve McQueen shirt) which is a thing of beauty.

don't you find the denim to be a bit crappy on that shirt? I have it too and I'm certain that it isn't 100% indigo and it takes ages to fade.

The denim is much lighter than my Blue Bell Maverick original too.

i got em sized up a little... wanted some jeans that were a little baggier that i could saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag. 32 insted of my normal 30

Nice choice...someone mentioned there were two models...did you get the skinnier ones or the looser ones? (probably looser if you sized up)

I think I need a pair of Wrangler repros.

Some pics of a broken-in pair from their website:

These rugged jeans feature Japanese selvedge, Green Caste denim, a broken twill weave, and a 60s style slimfit, inspired by the classic cowboy jeans cut.

Wrangler famously invented the broken twill weave in 1964. Designed to combat the troublesome twisting of jeans that occurred in regular twill jeans, Wrangler created a technique to balance the tension in the yarns. Rather than running to the right or left, as does the weave of regular twill, broken twill is weaved in alternating directions, resulting in a random zig-zag pattern. The distinctive pattern can be seen on the reverse side of jeans, identifying this unique weave. Because of Evisu designers’ love of denim, they have the luxury of exploring each style’s potential by wearing-in the prototype jean months before it appears in stores. The patina that develops from wear without wash is a personalized expression of one’s daily activities, adventures and attitude. Here is a gallery of some of the Wrangler jeans that have been worn for a few months. As expected, the jeans haven’t been washed and have developed the desired look of fading and wear.

eq6xaq.jpg

e5oal0.jpg

adfadg.jpg

zvc3h5.gif

i have a pair in the mail:D
I think you need to have a word with Chad on my behalf or get the store open immdiately. Fire person to help me grab these is welcome to a 25% off any apple computer or iPod or whatever, or 15 I an iphone haha

As for the cuts the picture I posted I believe are the looser, while the worn in gimme posted are the slim cut from the evisu blog. This particular pair of evisu actually already have a dedicated thread which I'd gladly post but I'm on an iPhone at school so theres no copy and paste haha

I think you need to have a word with Chad on my behalf or get the store open immdiately. Fire person to help me grab these is welcome to a 25% off any apple computer or iPod or whatever, or 15 I an iphone haha

As for the cuts the picture I posted I believe are the looser, while the worn in gimme posted are the slim cut from the evisu blog. This particular pair of evisu actually already have a dedicated thread which I'd gladly post but I'm on an iPhone at school so theres no copy and paste haha

A thread on sufu?

A thread on sufu?

Indeed. Take a look under the evisu tag. The title was something like 'just when i lost all hope in evisu heritage' or something like that. It was posted right sround when dirty dozen started posting pictures. There isnt a whole lot of information in the thread though. I think i was the last person to post in it actually, as no one seemed to have any more info