Sign in to follow this  
gimmegimme

Wrangler Repro Appreciate Thread

Probably the least appreciated, Wrangler repros deserve some more attention around here. It seems as though most Japanese repro companies have focused on Levi's and Lee, and throw in a few of Wrangler's details now and then...possibly because up until recently, the back pocket stitching was a big priority...and in that category, Wrangler gets no love. (just my theory)

Link to DDML's Wrangler info page.

Studio D'Artisan XS-26

4zc1t3t.jpg

4zj2kc4.jpg

2s01ug4.jpg

Samurai S0210xj (with Lee stitching and Lee-style LH twill)

6hihwgj.jpg

6badbx5.jpg

4vhg9i0.jpg

i do quite like wrangler's broken twill aesthetic, however the W arcuate really doesn't do it for me.

i'm a sucker for old wrangler jacket designs. this one on the far left is a repro made by edwin japan:

jcollection1-18-07.jpg

though, i've read original ones used chainstitching for the type on the back. mine is a regular applique. :o

Wrangler's probably the most underated, because of its presence at rodeo shows. However, the history and heritage is hard to be denied. For instance, chicken's jacket is pretty bananas.

^^ Is that the jacket featured in Lightning Vol. 2? I was flipping through last night and I remember seeing it.

quite possible. i see different versions of it popping around here and there.

I like the Maverick jackets. I think those are the ones that don't have the W stitched pockets, right?

Think you're right. Which ones didn't have stitching on the pockets, then?

Love those S.D'A's in the 1st post. Are these still available anywhere?

The best wrangler repros I think are done by yamane, these are the models he uses his no.0 denim for. I think the line is called hayoki? theres pics on rakuten if you search....denim and design looks amazing though Im not too keen on the pronounced W stitching....

anyone got the Bluebell 11mws? Ive thought about getting them from cultizm, but unsure of how they look worn.

What are these then? I thought they were Maverick, but I ran the thing through google translator, and my Engrish isn't that good.

What are these then? I thought they were Maverick, but I ran the thing through google translator, and my Engrish isn't that good.

You're right...those are indeed Maverick. I had only seen Maverick jackets with the M logo like this before:

526laar.jpg

Does Maverick have any affiliation to Wranger or Bluebell?

i have that very ['maverick'] jacket, nice selvedge and all :) has bluebell hardwear etc.

Which one, the one I linked or gimme's? If it's the one I linked, I'd like to know where you went and got it.

haha no not the one you linked, the basic one like gimme posted. that linked one with the riveted pleats was mad cool!

i got it from a US vintage denim seller