Good Society denim

Jackboot

I just purchased (online) a pair of the newly available Good Society dry denim in the slim cut. They are very cheap at $90. The socially responsible theme is definitely cool too (organic cotton, fair trade labour).

The slimmest waist they make is a 28 which actually measures a 29 so these might end up being too big for me but I thought I'd give it a go anyway.

There are no threads on SuFu yet on these jeans. Has anyone tried these on? Any comments on how they fit? They are too new to know how they wear yet, so only time will tell.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey did you grab them from Context? I just got the email from them annoucing their arrival. Post pictures as soon as possible I am quite interested in these.

Yeah I got them from Context Clothing. Apparently they fit a lot like APC New Standards but the measurements indicate they are closer to the New Cure in terms of rise, knee, and leg opening.

Unfortunately I just moved halfway across the country and the only thing I did not pack up was my camera! To boot, my mobile phone/camera was stolen during my voyage! So I'm unable to take pictures when I get them. I'm assuming they will arrive next week and post my impressions when I get them.

Guest declasse

just checked em out, thanks for the tip. they look great for the price. nice details like hidden rivets, donut buttons and chainstitch hem. if i wasnt broke i'd get a pair for sure... id rather try these than the uniqlos

hey guys, i'm the founder of this cool brand. the cotton is indian grown - the denim was designed by Hiroshi Kato, its hand cut and hand sewn in india (fair trade) and finished in the u.s. of a. we have a selvage model thats dyed with natural indigo dyed by hank system and coated using potato starch, but currently there are only a few boutiques that picked up on it. it retails for 120 dollars or something around there. i apologize for it fitting one size bigger than tagged, my bad, i think i fell asleep during that part of production, but i guess it should make u guys feel skinnier.

lots, cotton costs are different, indian grown non - e.l.s cottons is much cheaper than american grown pima (s&s cotton). sling and stones fabric is loomed in okayama perfecture by some denim geek and his 7 or so friends. rivets and hardware for s&s are hand plated by an indian family. but mainly s&s is a more lux item justified by the costs of where the fabric was made, the people that made it, and what type of cotton it was made from.

hey guys, i'm the founder of this cool brand. the cotton is indian grown - the denim was designed by Hiroshi Kato, its hand cut and hand sewn in india (fair trade) and finished in the u.s. of a. we have a selvage model thats dyed with natural indigo dyed by hank system and coated using potato starch, but currently there are only a few boutiques that picked up on it. it retails for 120 dollars or something around there. i apologize for it fitting one size bigger than tagged, my bad, i think i fell asleep during that part of production, but i guess it should make u guys feel skinnier.

What is this selvage model called? And what boutiques carry it? Neither model carried at contextclothing ("slim" and "straight") are selvage and they cost $90 - is there a 3rd model that is carried elsewhere that retails for ~$120 and is selvage?

Make a model with a higher rise (11-12"), not too slim with a true straight leg and I'll buy several pairs.