Good Society denim

Jackboot

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you do a warm/hot soak the inseam will shrink about an inch to an inch and a half and the waist will go down a size. this indigo is pretty stubborn and the color loss isn't that dramatic after the first soak, and i think you get better fading after the first wash, from my personal experience.

Incidentally, is there anything you can really do to minimize the inseam shrinkage?

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone interested:

I just soaked my Good Society straight legs in warm water for about 2 hours. They shrunk around 1 size in the waist and about an inch in the inseam like ilovespaz said. There was definite indigo loss and the sheen of the jean definitely soaked off, but all in all minimal change. I had worn them for about 3 weeks before I couldn't stand the huge waist anymore. I expect them to stretch out in waist again, but hopefully not.

So after reading this, I decided to soak my size 31 selvedge straights.....about 3 hours in the tub with pretty hot water.......I didn't see any indigo loss, just lots of brown from the startch......I was surprised.......there were a few blue drops after hanging them up....I am going to try them on tomorrow after work to see if they shrank up at all.....

I wonder if the differnce in indigo loss is due to the synthetic vs the natural indigo??

goodsocietysoak.jpg

You're right. It has to be the synthetic indigo as opposed to the natural indigo. I experienced quite a bit of color loss although the jeans themselves don't look too much different based off of photographs.

I guess the natural indigo likes to stick around a little more........

my GS selvedges finished up drip drying today, and they hardly shrank at all......maybe 1" in the hem and 0.5" or so in the waist......I was surprised yet again......

i too bought the straight fit, and also got a larger size then what I was hoping for. I have had them for about a month, and I am currently debating with myself whether I should wash these or continue wearing them to get a nice fade when I do decide to do my first wash. Keep up the posts on the wash for these, and after wash pics would be great. Thanks.

i started a new pair recently after farting around with this fabric. this dye has got to be the most stubborn denims i have ever worked with. One trick to speed up the process i have is to wash them in light detergent 3 times to remove all indigo residue - it seems that the indigo is so loose that it rubs off on any type of fading and blends in to keep it 'raw' looking. that sneaky kato..

i'll post up some pics when i get the chance
wow so they do stretch out alot, similar to APC NS would you say?

mmmm if only uo shipped internationally :(

i want sale prices

i think its a bit of both. Mine have certainly stretched a bit, but I would say that these measure larger then tagged, so you might want to order a size or two down just in case.