Good Society denim

Jackboot

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wearing my slim salvage for a little less than a month, im really happy with everything about the denim, and there coming along quite nicely, but i still have a long way to go to see any real results.(lost the cord to cam "salty")

don't make fun of me please!

Guest Brnd|Nu

So i just got my GS slims and i am going to wear them everyday for the next 6 months.... i will try to track the wear with a bi-weekly pic... i have traded in my APC and nudie's to wear in some jeans that do some good..

Stay posted for my pics..:)

• 2 weeks later...

Dude........on the fifth wear of my GS selvedges, the f'ing top button like self destructed......they aren't even fitted tight......In my last 15 pairs of jeans I have never had this happen.....whats that all about??......anyone having this same issue??

hopefully the ghetto ass repair job i did will work, but I was pretty bummed out about it.....

• 2 weeks later...
Dude........on the fifth wear of my GS selvedges, the f'ing top button like self destructed......they aren't even fitted tight......In my last 15 pairs of jeans I have never had this happen.....whats that all about??......anyone having this same issue??

hopefully the ghetto ass repair job i did will work, but I was pretty bummed out about it.....

Just wanted to say thanks to Aiden and Chris for sending me out some replacement buttons super quick.....now i just need to put some wear on them so we can get some evo pics......:D

I got the Slim Fits thinking they'd be like APC NS's but just like one of the first posters said, it's about 1/2" tighter. For me, the NS's are slim but don't look like tights. These are noticeably tigther.

Ifly - If the slims are loose on yours, you are anorexic. Mine stack like crazy because they are so tight.

I got the Slim Fits thinking they'd be like APC NS's but just like one of the first posters said, it's about 1/2" tighter. For me, the NS's are slim but don't look like tights. These are noticeably tigther.

Ifly - If the slims are loose on yours, you are anorexic. Mine stack like crazy because they are so tight.

the slims should fit more similar to NC's. i dont think the leg opening is as tight as NC's but as far as overall sillouette goes, its a slimmer fit than NS's.

I got 1 size too big...but these slims are no where near tight..i barely get any stacks..I think the GS slims fit more somewhere btwn NS and NC..I have a pair of NCs they fit much tighter.

P/s im not anorexic..

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little past the 4 month period on my jeans. These are proving difficult to break in as I have beat the heck out of them and they don't show that much denim loss. I just don't know how much longer I can wait given the accumulated dirt and salt stains. Any one have any advice? I have not seen an "after" photo on the Good Societies yet so I'm looking for some advice. I'd like to wait, I just don't know if I can.

Since the indigo on these is quite stubborn from the sounds of it, i wouldn't worry about losing tonnes of indigo in the wash. If you've worn them 4 months now I say wash them - especially if they are looking like shit because of salt stains etc. IMO worn denim is cool, not so much dirty ass denim.

Wash them and post pics!

• 2 weeks later...

An open post to the dudes that helped make good society jeans, if they still read this thread:

The price is good, I like that they're organic, the fit is nice, and I like the simple and unique back pockets, but FOR GODS SAKE MAKE THE WAIST SMALLER. I am not a super-skinny dude. I wear size 30 levis. But when my size 28 good society slims are slipping down my thighs, I can't help but get frustrated. I will totally buy another pair next season, if I don't have to worry that the smallest size produced is going to be too big. Thanks in advance!

An open post to the dudes that helped make good society jeans, if they still read this thread:

The price is good, I like that they're organic, the fit is nice, and I like the simple and unique back pockets, but FOR GODS SAKE MAKE THE WAIST SMALLER. I am not a super-skinny dude. I wear size 30 levis. But when my size 28 good society slims are slipping down my thighs, I can't help but get frustrated. I will totally buy another pair next season, if I don't have to worry that the smallest size produced is going to be too big. Thanks in advance!

Did you get the straight or skinny?

I spoke with aiden about this issue. all sizing and measurements have been fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any fade pics yet?

I have worn mine solid at least a month and a half and I have heavy creasing but not any real fade on mine.....I am a girl though and my hard wear is not like the guys hard wear...so hoping some guys have pics.

I would love to see!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a pair of the slims last weekend.

I'm really impressed with the fit, it's exactly what I was looking for. Skinny, certainly, but not a pair of Cheap Mondays by anyone's standards. I'm a 32 waist, and I purchased a 29, which came out of the box as a 31, I believe, and has now stretched out to a 32 in a day or two, I'll probably have to wear a belt soon.

The denim itself is quite soft and stretchy, they're the most comfortable raw jeans I've ever worn. I hoat soaked them yesterday, didn't lose much indigo, and they didn't shrink at all.

I'll report back in a few months! :)

just got a pair of straight gs for women. i was really amazed by the fit. the jeans look awesome! i have a pair of sling & stones, which are definitely better in terms of material and craftsmanship (24k gold plated buttons...red selvage), but these gs are great for the price. a must cop!! :)

My first post here. I'm a girl and got these in a 24. They are the perfect fit imo. Other pairs I currently am working on are some pbj slim 1069, some grey skulls 5010XX and a pair of Jean Shops. I've worn the Good Societys for half a week now and I love the fit, but imo the quality is crap. The pbjs were much tighter and I've worn them harder than these. They're holding together just fine and the hardware is still in place.

The GS' are loosing their button.... The fabric is fraying around it, and it'll fall off any time now. I'm definitely sending them back to revolve, but have anyone encountered this before with these? I'm considering exchanging them in another pair or just try other brands, is it worth giving them another shot or are they bad quality over all?

My first post here. I'm a girl and got these in a 24. They are the perfect fit imo. Other pairs I currently am working on are some pbj slim 1069, some grey skulls 5010XX and a pair of Jean Shops. I've worn the Good Societys for half a week now and I love the fit, but imo the quality is crap. The pbjs were much tighter and I've worn them harder than these. They're holding together just fine and the hardware is still in place.

The GS' are loosing their button.... The fabric is fraying around it, and it'll fall off any time now. I'm definitely sending them back to revolve, but have anyone encountered this before with these? I'm considering exchanging them in another pair or just try other brands, is it worth giving them another shot or are they bad quality over all?

My girlfriend has been wearing her pair for nearly 3 months with no quality issues. Buttons are fine, no stitching coming loose etc. Since you like the fit so much I think you should exchange for another pair - you will probably find no quality issues the 2nd try :)

^Thanks! Just got a reply from revolve that they're out of stock in my size, though. Good to know your girlfriends pair is holding up, maybe I'll just pull the button off, stitch the hole up and get the button replaced with another one... How's the fading on hers coming along? I've read that they're hard to break in and to get good fades on.

^Thanks! Just got a reply from revolve that they're out of stock in my size, though. Good to know your girlfriends pair is holding up, maybe I'll just pull the button off, stitch the hole up and get the button replaced with another one... How's the fading on hers coming along? I've read that they're hard to break in and to get good fades on.

I started on a pair of skull 5010xx at nearly the same time as she started on her good societys. My skulls have quite a bit of fading appearing now but hers do not have any. The difference, I think, is that the girls good societys have 2 or 3% spandex (?) in them for stretch. This makes the jeans fit waaaaaaayyyy better on a girl's figure. I think that they definitely look much more flattering than 100% cotton raw denim that's she has tried on. But that stretch makes creasing and therefore fading quite difficult. I'm sure that in time they will get some descent lap and butt fading, but probably never really defined whiskering or honeycombs.

Do your PBJ 1069s crease/fade? They have stretch material in them too I believe. I kind of want to find my girl some raw denim that looks flattering on a girls figure *without* stretch in them so that they fade nicely but I'm not aware of any...

^I think my skulls are better fitting on me than the PBJs.. Maybe I got the PBJs a size too small but they're squishing my butt and don't give much at all even though yes they have 2% stretch in them. They're slowly giving in though hehe. My skulls gave a lot more than the pbjs and even though the skulls are guy's jeans, they needed less time to button all the way up.

As for the fit, we're all different but I tend to like lower placed, somewhat larger pockets, and the PBJs have smaller pockets.. The skulls have a really nice fit once they stretch through the hips (which can be really stubborn for us girls..) :)

My PBJs have only got two to three whole weeks of wear, but are coming along nicely in regards to fading and creasing. "intodeep" has gotten a pair that she's been working on for a longer time than me, and hers are looking really good. She has got the 1070.

Your girlfriend really should try either the skulls or the PBJs, the 1070s are really cheap now on BiG, 50% off. The skulls are of course higher rise, but enhances the behind in a better way though imo, but that's only a personal preference and I've seen great fits on girls in both :)