Good Society denim

Jackboot

i got mine for ard $124usd after conversion from singapore dollars.

straight leg men's selvaged, sz28.

i tried the slim one but its like fucking tight at the calf and i hate it!

so i decided on the straight leg ones, i hope they would work out well! :D

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So me and my friend were in chicago and I talked him into buying a pair of good society's promising him they would fade well and he would like it. I then get on here and read that people are having troubles and I only have seen one pair of pictures from anyone. They aren't bad but definitely could be better. I then saw how ilovespaz said to watch 3 times with light detergent to get rid of the excess indigo which I understand but doesn't that not make them as ridgid which then makes them harder to cress and harder to fade? i'm just kinda worrying here for my friend because I know dry denim is sick but I am worried that he's going to get the shaft. What's up does anyone have a good experience with Good Societys and fading and can someone show me some good pictures at least?!

So me and my friend were in chicago and I talked him into buying a pair of good society's promising him they would fade well and he would like it. I then get on here and read that people are having troubles and I only have seen one pair of pictures from anyone. They aren't bad but definitely could be better. I then saw how ilovespaz said to watch 3 times with light detergent to get rid of the excess indigo which I understand but doesn't that not make them as ridgid which then makes them harder to cress and harder to fade? i'm just kinda worrying here for my friend because I know dry denim is sick but I am worried that he's going to get the shaft. What's up does anyone have a good experience with Good Societys and fading and can someone show me some good pictures at least?!

i dont really know how they fade, but id invest in another pair of jeans just bc lightweight denim is weak and ugly

i wont be heading into work until monday but when i get there i'll talk to ilovespaz and see if he can pull a couple of his pairs for me that hes been wearing for awhile. i'll take some pics and post them up. but the fade is actually somewhat subtle. they are evidently somewhat hard to fade but when you keep wearing them the subtle fade looks pretty nice.

Ok guys thanks. I am wearing academi's right now yesterday was the 2 month mark. I'm really hoping they don't do the same thing. I am really pushing for a good fade. I can see it coming in but not a ton. But anyways, my friend is going to try what ilovespaz said to do but he told me last night he loved the way they fit and everything so i'm not worried about it he will like them. If you can post any pictures for me I would be thankful. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey paean, GREAT fit. I love those jeans on you could we see some more pics?.what size are those? what are your measurements (if you don't mind)? I'd really like to pick up a pair of those, but I really don't know if the 28s would fit me. THANKS

haha lots of questions. you're just the only one i've seen lwith a good fit (in my opinion) in these so far

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had my good societys since October. I've washed them three times and I am pretty happy with the fades. I'll post pics with before and afters from each wash and their current state in the next few days. It took the third wash for things to really start happening.

• 1 month later...

my opinion is get s 32, as they stretch if you are planning to wear them for long without washing. my true size is 28, and now, into the 4th month of daily wearing without wash, the waist has loosen to about 1.5" up. used to be tight as hell on me, but now i can easily pull them off. but that also depends on how u wear them. i wear them slightly sagged, so when it was new, i kept pulling the denim down a bit, and i think that also contributed to the 1.5" expansion of the waist. generally, the denim stretches everywhere as well, not juz the waist area. my calves and thighs are no longer hugged by the denim, but we'll see how it goes after my 1st hot wash in another 3 months time. fades coming out nicely!

• 5 months later...

BACK FROM THE DEAD.... for the better, i hope.

So I've been debating on purchasing a pair of their raw slim leg jeans from the newer season and had some questions. It's those Organic cotton denim joints.

1. Are these now true to size, or do I still have to size down?

2. Are the newer dyes used better than the ones that were being used in the earlier seasons, and what kind of dye is it?

3. What jeans do the raw denim slim legs fit like, and anyone have a pair they can post fit pics of? Curious to see the progression of wear.

thanks.

1. Size down 1, 2 if you want them super tight. That being said, I didn't size down at all and they didn't stretch to the point of being baggy.

2. Not sure about the kind of dye, but the whole turning things you come in contact with blue DEFINITELY applies. Your fingers will be blue tinted for the first few months of wear, it's kind of a bitch. This could be amended by washing them a few times immediately but I can't personally attest to the success of this.

3. I have a straight leg that ended up being pretty slim because they're stretch and the hips etc. stretched out. Pictures to come if you're interested, but they are straight leg and the girl cut.

Hope this helps a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
i didnt know they made jeans for skeletons

haha you messed up.

anyways i just got these jeans the other day. i got the straight selvage for 65 bux. still on sale on this site

link:

http://www.organicgenes.com/store/p/6-Straight-Selvage-12oz-by-Good-Society-Organic-Jeans.html

im originally a 32 in most and got these in 31. man they were too tight around the waist for my liking (probably perfect for others) and a little too slim on the thigh. I rode around on a sportbike for a good 2 hours and shit they stretched out a good amount already.

heres some pics right out the package

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

These were taken about 1 month an a half ago, nothing has changed and they're not the best pics. these were in rotation for a couple months not super heavy wear but its something i guess. Last monday I starting using these as my work jeans so that should speed up the process

Good Society -- Organic Indigo Dyed Slim Fit sz 34

DSCN0135-1.jpg

DSCN0143-1.jpg

DSCN0141-1.jpg

Just got done washing my GS Slims

They're about a year old but only worn for maybe 7 months every day, i used to wear my APC's more but now i'm into these. This is the first hot water wash on the handwash cycle with Woolite black, they have been washed two other times, but with cold water. I'm wearing them right now and they are much tighter even than when i got them.

Before pictures:

IMG00223-20090331-1133.jpg

IMG00224-20090331-1134.jpg

IMG00225-20090331-1134.jpg

dirtyyy

IMG00226-20090331-1135.jpg

IMG00227-20090331-1136.jpg

IMG00228-20090331-1342.jpg

hanging up to dry

After pictures:

IMG00237-20090401-1336.jpg

IMG00238-20090401-1338.jpg

IMG00239-20090401-1338.jpg

IMG00240-20090401-1339.jpg

I gotta take care of this crotch before it gets out of hand haha

It's not as sunny today, i'll try to get better pictures soon, these are just from my phone. i'll get some fit pics too once the stacks settle in again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...