The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

X-post this from the skull denim thread.

-------

Surprised these are still holding up.

I've been basically trying to tear these apart because I no longer care about them. Had them for two years, thought they would be done a few months ago. Washing them probably once every week or two now, worn pretty hard.

Size 30 Skull 5010xx

True waist size: 31

Unaltered hem, 5'10 155 lbs

4385080391_89fa00b53e.jpg

4385080345_f340b73607.jpg

First pic better represents the color. Second pic is pink-tinted and darker with higher contrast, not sure how that happened.... But it still gives you a good idea of how nice the fading on the back knee went.

I'm bringing these to a friend to see if I can repair the crotch, back pocket, and possibly taper down past the knee. But I mainly want to stitch the Skull black-red patch back on. If this stuff costs too much though I'm going to just end up wearing them till they rip :P

too many problems with a brand name out here—can't argue with something that smells as good as this detergent does

jeans look tasty, morse, did the pocket have to be taken off to do that repair job on the back?

too many problems with a brand name out here—can't argue with something that smells as good as this detergent does

jeans look tasty, morse, did the pocket have to be taken off to do that repair job on the back?

kidding on the j crew hate (a little), but they are def monitoring our movements around here - spies.

This repair I did by hand, so no pocket removal required. For a machine fix, you'd have to remove it, but once you got it off and fixed it would be hell to get it back on with a home-level sewing machine (too thick, rivets etc.), not recommended.

Tough acts to follow. X-posted...

S0500xx, sz. 32 worn nearly every day since August, 5 or 6 warm/hot washes.

Sized up one (cuz I'm a grown ass man) so I'm elated with the fit since they shrink continuously, but I might've liked more contrasty fading; the likelihood of which was hampered further by washing them twice immediately - rather than soaked - which rid them of any starch. Oh well. Won't repeat that (sorta) mistake.

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

(matched socks are for suckers)

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Fit pic from 1 wash prior (shitty)

IMG_0913.jpg

And day 1 (I wear neither my shirts like this, nor those goofy running trainers with them. I just weirdly take all my pics coming from to going to walk my dogs)

IMG_0293-1.jpg

Hope my S5000vx 21oz's wind up this well, but I'm more worried about washing them since they're already tighter... Carry on.