The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

not trying to hate but i honestly don't see what's so special with those anyone care to explain?

^ we posted at the same time. i agree. i honestly dont see much fading at all

I don't know how much post processing was done on those pics but if the colour is realistic then to me those jeans are at the perfection stage, like a properly exposed photo. There's just the right ammount of indigo loss to get nice contrast without looking washed out. They still look like they have no colour loss in some parts and completely gone in others.

Honestly, I haven't seen many APCs that I consider to have any high-contrast fading, because they do have that tendency to lose a lot of indigo very quickly (in comparison to Japanese denim) giving them that washed out look.

here's my Anglaise dry humping my Iron Hearts

apc_dryhump.jpg

I just saw those and literally said "Wow" out loud.

Those are some of the best APC's I've ever seen. Seriously, they are amazing.

Woah, those are some of the best APCs I've seen posted. Are those hipsters? I hate mine, but you have seemed to rock them hard, great job.

Thanks guys, they're actually new cures. Unfortunately they are on the verge on retirement as they are getting too small.

Due a wash as they are hanging off me since losing 17lb!

Not sure exactly how to wash (I'm after shrinking them back more than anything look-wise)...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I know they ain't exactly a bitchin make but give me a break as they are my first raw denims (we all start somewhere!).

If you're just after shrinking them down again, then perhaps a really hot soak would be better than a wash. If you're interested in a lot of shrinkage then perhaps a warm wash (remove them prior to the spin cycle) and heated dry until they're damp. Hang after that.

poly, just out of curiosity, do you usually jiust wear one pair for several pairs or switch between a couple? seems like any denim you touch fades magially.

samurai contest really forced me to focus on one pair, which is what i've been trying to do recently, I'm still going to wear these almost daily, but will mix it up with some other pairs i have

#1 is on the samurai website.

Yes they are. But they were posted there more than a year ago, probably before Poly 'finished' wearing them.

Thx tho.