The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

My recent discussion on the Sugarcane thread got me motivated to post again since it's been like almost two years since I've updated pics. Here are my main, official, most-favored children in a family portrait: (clockwise from top left) RRL "bootcut", APC hipster, 5EP "bootcut" and Sugarcane Okinawas. I'm sorry for the blurriness, I just dont know how to take pics. No flash, indoors sunlight with overhead lightbulb, no editing. Some descriptions:

5EPs: My oldest son, what a work horse, the most stubborn to break in but so worth it because the blue that is retained is a very deep, dark, rich blue. The hue doesn't come across at all in the photo. He looks very light in the photo but he's actually the darkest with the parts that are still blue VERY dark. Of the 4, this is the only one where the fade is a little yellow -- it looks like they are all yellow but they're not, just the 5EP.

Okinawas: my second son, the beautiful artistic/stylish one of the bunch because of they way it faded and all the details that I'm sure you're all familiar with by now. He was very easy and quick to break in.. Even with my blurriness, you can see in the second pic how slubby it is and how nice the fade is.

RRLs: the family whore, everything about her is so flashy and flirty -- she started fading within just a few months and by 4 months she already started ripping, and her blue is a very bright and vibrant blue. Thanks to 45rpm for fixing the impending crotch tear for free, they are a classy bunch there.

APC hipsters: the baby girl of the family, just "finished" breaking her in. Pretty easy as we have heard APCs are. Not much more to describe about them

I have a few bastard children and one disowned child. My Howies I wear only at home sorta like pajamas and they are barely faded because of the natural indigo, He's sorta like the retarded child you keep hidden but still love. My Nudies Veggie finally started fading after a few months but I gave up on them...another bastard child. My Jil Sanders are another barely faded pair that I kinda still keep around. My disowned child is my Paul Smith Red Ear...absolutely impossible to break in, despite all the whistles and bells, I gave up and no longer wear them. I actually hate him now even though it's my avatar.

Currently working on my new babies -- alternating back and forth between Julien Red Calis and Dior indigo 19cm, Pictures of them in another year I guess.

if you don't want any of your children, my orphanage/foster home would be extremely happy to accept them

One week, my god!!! Hows the contrast on the wiskers of the Sammies already!!! God dang!!!

Looks like the Canes held up better than the Sammies from the look of the repairs, is that right? Or were you working harder in the Sammies?

+rep!!!

from the oni thread

My onis after a bit over 11 months. The color and contrast arent nealry as impressive as they are are in person, but its been rainy cloudy the past few days and these are the best pics I can take right now. Been washed numerous times, I think at least 7 or 8.

jawns11mo004Medium.jpg

jawns11mo001Medium.jpg

jawns11mo008Medium.jpg

Just to get some crazy stuff up here...

Canes 66 and Samurai S0500XX contest - both worn for about 1 week of doing major construction stuff...

2394470135_d3d0f10df1.jpg

2395305014_e2245def42.jpg

2394470337_112b291e79.jpg

2394470523_102c5dfe7e.jpg

2394470925_6c77d2fcce.jpg

2395305694_95a44286ed.jpg

2395305832_61be2bafbf.jpg

AMAZING

I was going to paint houses in my jeans, but it was too darn hot in the summer for that.