The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

curious as to why you just didn't throw it in the washing machine though....

No hot water in the washing machine at home.

carl, the PBJ's are looking amazing. Have you worn those everyday? how long were they in the tub?

Everyday for 5.5 months, sans maybe 4 or 5 days. In the tub for a total of about 3 hours.

Downstaris drying after the rinse

2lljytk.jpg

The results

40femh2.jpg

2qldbfl.jpg

2z5puew.jpg

4bstt0k.jpg

4hspy5u.jpg

2ah5l4w.jpg

One final salute

2q3omed.jpg

They shrank a considerable amount. To the point where they will be worn solely around the house until they stretch. Kind of wished i had sized up now. Oh well.

just amazing. the denim is so nice. slubby denim can be hard to get contrast sometimes but yours are looking great sir. good work. once they get a little dirt on them they will be even better.

Felix, glad to see you resolved the Sammie issues. How'd you get them to fit so well? Tailor? Did they take it in through the outseam? All the way down? Did you measure your other jeans and tell them how much to take off, or did they suggest a number?

Bittersweet to see them on you.

Hope these break as nicely as the Japanese guy's and not that S2A guy's (that one's just angry).

Your mom can sew and you put these on supermarket?!?! (Note the extra punctuation marks to show indignation.)

Did she put felled seams on the inside (I'm assuming they were originally felled)?

holy fuck those have amazing texture....

gave the 47's a bath today for the new years. here's a few quick pre pics. They are actually in the tub right now. Another 40 minutes until they come out!

43p6gzc.jpg

2mzmydt.jpg

2q1rq89.jpg

2cwv42h.jpg

5 months on, pretty much 4 months of wear. Color in the pics is about dead on.

Is it me or do 501xx's always seem to hide some of the fade before the wash? i think all the post wash pictures i have seen has been with way more fading than on the pre-wash pics ?

Guest doubletap
Is it me or do 501xx's always seem to hide some of the fade before the wash? i think all the post wash pictures i have seen has been with way more fading than on the pre-wash pics ?

doesn't that go for all jeans?