The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

SJDG

~hot soak at 4 months, air dried

~washed at 4 months, machine dried

~washed at 5th month, machine dried

~hot wash at 6 months, air dried

going for 1 - 2 more months hopefully before i wear some new ones.

i have a crotch rip too. it ripped around 4 - 5 months

http://img94.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dsc03243k.jpg

these are with flash.

DSC03250.jpg?t=1263945246

DSC03244.jpg?t=1263945244

first evolution post; dont think they even deem worthy to be posted here after all the other pairs i have seen. ;__; lol enjoy anyways though

APC NS - had em since March 09, worn probably 7 Months, 1 Hot handwash at 4months because it reeked..

sorry please ignore background!

img0066c.jpg

img0062qa.jpg

img0073xf.jpg

img0065l.jpg

img0063vxz.jpg

fitpic:

img0076lr.jpg

Xpost from RRL thread:

Here's my old pair of slims. I haven't worn these in at least a year and they probably have about 6 months of wear on them... I apologize in advance for the horrendous photos. My girl took the good camera with her to New York this week and natural light is scarce in portland at the moment. But, I wanted to give these guys a wash so I thought I'd take some photos just for posterity.

DSCN6182.jpg

DSCN6184.jpg

DSCN6185.jpg

DSCN6185.jpg

DSCN6185.jpg

DSCN6190.jpg

Not much happening on the SDA front in the t household. But over the weekend and last night there's been more floor-scrubbing and painting in my cheapo Lee jeans. Someone repped me recently for 'moving up' from Lee to SDA but I love these jeans just as much... and I don't care about the paint splashes.

LeeRiders.jpg

Cross post from Japan Blue Momotaro

Here are my Momotaro 0703/0705SP. Not really sure why there are two model names but they are low rise, slim in the thigh and then straight from the knee down. Here is a link

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3654&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

I got them true to size in a 32. They have stretched a little but but they were not that tight to begin with and I wear a belt so the shrinkage has been minimal. The second day I had them, I tore a huge hole in the knee. My mechanic installed makeshift license plate bolts to replace the old rusted ones. I was walking around the front of my car and one of the bolts grabbed my knee and ripped a perfect L shape in my brand new jeans. Oh well. I got it fixed up at a tailor who did a pretty good job but also tapered the knee a little bit.:confused: Anyways They have about a month of solid wear. They are taking forever to fade and are very very dark. I have washed them 2 or 3 times already but I am gonna give that a rest to see if i can develop some good creases. Because they are not as tight as my size 30 skulls, They might take longer to fade and the fading/contrast will also be more broad and less sharp if that makes sense. I don't know why I am saying that, I guess its just something to think about.

This first pics are just to show how dark they are even after 1 month and 3 washes.

DSCF7606-1.jpg

DSCF7605-1.jpg

There is hardly any crotch fading yet and yes my belt is too small.

DSCF7615-1.jpg

I like how the paint is fading! Everyone thinks I did it myself haha

DSCF7631.jpg

For a pair of jeans that fits looser, I wish the back rise was a little bit higher. That was my fault though :(

DSCF7649.jpg

You just have to embrace the selvage.

DSCF7633.jpg

And finally here is the repair job that was done.

DSCF7653.jpg

Another cross post from Japan Blue Momotaro

He actually pulled the selvage edge in a little bit. Im not complaining though I can hardly notice while wearing them.

DSCF7659.jpg

Here are some pics of the fit

DSCF7663.jpg

this one was a tough angle

DSCF7666.jpg

Here they after the trip to BIG. To be fair we didn't walk all the way to grand central from Green st. Those are cab creases :)

DSCF3983.jpg

DSCF3984.jpg

And finally here they are hangin' out with my skulls in the back yard.

DSCF4006.jpg