The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

im a panda is my hero, here's some 3 week updates, it's been a rather rough week for these jeans, so i gave em' a quick hand wash w/lye soap(#3), and layed them on the radiator to dry last night. i'm sick & i don't do thanksgiving, so i'ma smoke chronic,sip rum, and watch football all day. enjoy my shit pics...

33ud1yf.jpg

this one is from last weekend:

2naobjc.jpg

Amazing items on this site. I just hope, that all of you keep a good eye on all your super great raw denim items.

Since 1973 over 12'00 extremely rough vintage or raw denim rag items have found a safe home in Europes largest denim collection to survive forever. So if anybody out there is tired of his old stuff never forget that there is a safe place for them. They have deserved a better end then just to be dumped any time!!

PS: Always real roughest vintage or raw denim rag items wanted no matter how ugly, trashed, stained, holes, dirty, best if never washed. Thanks for sustaining Europes largest non commercial denim rag collection founded in 1973 in the Swiss Mountains. Over 12'000 jeans and denim jackets. Raw denim rag items with endless stories deserve to life for ever!

Ruedi Karrer

www.jeansmuseum.org

minor repairs...

pocket coming away

1pocketbefore.jpg

top stitched back on using a poly/cotton thread

1poketafter.jpg

its gonna need a patch over that rivet soon i guess

holes in my combs, next to year old repairs on the other leg

1holesbefore.jpg

first i zig zag the wound shut

1zigzag.jpg

then running with the twill blend it in by machine darning the warp back in

1straight.jpg

the top one i didnt zig zag first and it moved a bit and i overdid the darning

1holesafter.jpg

i like this method as while it strengthens them, they remain light and flexible

this one is over a year old and its holding up well

1olddarn.jpg

and the patches though i regret putting them on instead of darning there are wearing nicely

1oldpatches.jpg

Hey quick question, I've started working on my first pair of raw jeans (after a year or so of inspiration and interest).

Now, I'd love to post them in here, but I was wondering what would be most acceptable:

- Holding off till they're pretty far in (and have been washed) like I see very often on here.

- Posting (one post) with a bunch of pictures (that range in date from new - newer - older - oldest) to see the transformation (haven't really seen this)

- Posting regularly (monthly, perhaps -- seen this a bit)

Sorry for the non-picture/comment/critique -post, but I figure getting this out of the way would be ideal.

Either way I would.

Like I said, though, I thought it might be interesting to see a bit of the progress/history in the post.. It is evolution after all.

No. Take pictures every month but don't post till there is significant wear, usually 4-6 months (6 months is probably better). Then you post ALL the pictures and you'll be a boss.

Hey quick question, I've started working on my first pair of raw jeans (after a year or so of inspiration and interest).

Now, I'd love to post them in here, but I was wondering what would be most acceptable:

- Holding off till they're pretty far in (and have been washed) like I see very often on here.

- Posting (one post) with a bunch of pictures (that range in date from new - newer - older - oldest) to see the transformation (haven't really seen this)

- Posting regularly (monthly, perhaps -- seen this a bit)

Sorry for the non-picture/comment/critique -post, but I figure getting this out of the way would be ideal.

The better the post, the better the representation of your jeans (if that's what you're looking for).

It depends what you want to get out of your post experience :) If you want to post pics just to post pics, no one can stop you. If you want to showcase the evolution of your jeans, post a progression. If you want to contribute something valuable, don't post barely worn pictures of a really common brand.

Sounds like you've put thought into this though... so do whatever you think is best.

BTW if you take pictures and they look like shit, try again. Don't waste our time (yours included) by posting garbage and apologizing for it.

@psyence

God I love it! finally I see a well worn BK PBJ, info of the washes and soaks?

will rep for sure!

Thanks. I don't recall when I washed/soaked, but I think I did a hot soak at 6 months, warm wash around the 1 year mark right before I sent them in for repairs, another soak 3 months after that, and then finally another wash this past February.

Soaks were done in my bathtub. Wash/rinse was set to warm/warm and I believe I used some Woolite Dark as my detergent.