The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

It's hard to see what's going on there, cure, the lighting doesn't really show the different hues of blue...what exactly did you do to that back pocket?

It's hard to see what's going on there, cure, the lighting doesn't really show the different hues of blue...what exactly did you do to that back pocket?

yeah, still have to mess around with that camera, i tried adjusting the exposure and such but it just came out too light still.

the pocket is kinda just destroyed by my wallet. It has a money clip on the inside of it so thats where the middle rectangle comes from. i'm only going to have an arc left by the end of it.

^^ try taking your pics in something other than direct sunlight. it will reflect too much white light and create too many shadows to see what the jeans actually look like. try shade or overcast where theres soft shadows or no shadows.

Right before throwing them in the washing machine with kaminari soap. Last time i used doctor bronners and now i just want to experiment see whats different. Post wash coming in a couple hours since its a sunny day and these will dry fast. They are bluer by the way its flickr or firefox fucking them over. TIred of them smelling like stanky ass pepper mint. I put about a tablespoon of kaminari soap and into the washing machine. Can anyone tell me how much youre supposed to put again? im just gonna rewash with plain water if its too much.

3204833652_7b14b6dc6a.jpg

3204834048_f68ff24cda.jpg

Wheres the other millbrae? Just joking.

BEWARE: do not read if you suck at reading english. it will result in being pissed off at me due to my crappy writing skills, but this isn't an essay so screw you.

Wow I'm really impressed, kaminari soap did something really indescribable to my flatheads. They're dry now and the denim seems as though its stiffer, stubbier and thicker. And I'm certain it just isn't because i washed them because i just did two weeks ago with dr. bronners and did not have this experience. The denim on my flatheads now look very similar to my s5000vx. I've sold those awhile ago but i remember how the denim was like after a kaminari soap wash. When i washed my s5000vx's this soap is the only soap i've ever used for them. At first i thought it was just the denim but now im certain it isn't.

Washing with dr. bronners was very different experience infact... If only i could show someone what i meant...

Bottom line is: kaminari soap is made from denim gods (kidding of course)...

Next wash: detergent. Then after: salt and thats all i can think of for now. But after im done cycling the different things i could use to wash my pants with, im sticking with kaminari soap.

hey salaami, ill be glad to send you some enough to wash your pants so you can see how great it is. its from samurai btw. pm me if youre curious about other things. the smell from the soap kinda smells like soy bean at first and pretty good but after awhile, im starting to get a bit woozy from it... you check the pre wash pics on the last page.

:)

post wash point and shoot:

3204793943_171130d41a.jpg

3205533774_609b4db50b.jpg

notice how they look more stubby (look at my essay last page)

3205534348_4e2c85929d.jpg

i think the patch is made out of leather but its kinda weird and i didn't think it would darken with sunlight but it did. so im sure its leather its pretty dark now

if you would like to see old pictures of them and my old denim:

http://flickr.com/photos/khoiphanninetytwo/

Washing with dr. bronners was very different experience infact... If only i could show someone what i meant...

Bottom line is: kaminari soap is made from denim gods (kidding of course)...

Amazing, I gotta get hold of some of this kaminari soap.

I just washed with Bronners the other day (hand wash because my machine doesn't do non-spin cycles). Is it less fulfilling to wear them after Bronners compared to kaminari? Haha. ;)

Oni Blue's that I wore to work for four months and then casually on and off in 2008. The standard Oni denim holds its indigo very well.

IMG_0245.jpg

This first photo is to show true color. The overcast makes it a little hard to see some details.

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg