The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Wow thanks alot for all the positive comments guys I really apreciate it, I honestly thought you would all hate them. I cant wait to show you my nicer pair of jeans when they get nice and worn now.

Can't hate nice fading...

eu279g.jpg

53s383.jpg

1z5r85k.jpg

vpf7nr.jpg

8yrvbd.jpg

2evugjo.jpg

1z2zl8l.jpg

nogami-made,salaami trashed sam 510xx19 oz 2. 20 months, shitload of washes. only hot soaked for the last 4 months, as the machine tears shit up. these are going into semi-retirement soon(upon arrival of new raws), as the pocket bags are destroyed, and other repairs need to be made. plus i dont think theres much more i can do to them. i havent lost indigo in the wash in months. but i'll eventually get back to them...

yeah alot more people wouldve jumped on them if they were samurais or something im sure

god I would kill for a pair of sammies, especially the sl710. From the looks they look like the most perfect fitting jeans, unfortunately being young and jobless there is no way for me to cover that 300$ price tag.

So these were my first pair of selvedges worn last year in 8th for about 3 months. Color is actually pretty dead on. I know the companies pretty lame but they were a starter pair and I really like the vertical falling and some of the stacks (especially on the back of the right leg). Oh yeah and theyve had 1 soak and a machine wash. Hope you enjoy somewhat.

jacks197.jpg

these look extremely well! Remember seeing one of it in urban outfitter, or is it vans?...anyway...Very good look man! But i have to say that i dislike the back pocket. But the buttonfly is awesome and the whole jeans again turn out nicely. :) + Rep

So these were my first pair of selvedges worn last year in 8th for about 3 months. Color is actually pretty dead on. I know the companies pretty lame but they were a starter pair and I really like the vertical falling and some of the stacks (especially on the back of the right leg). Oh yeah and theyve had 1 soak and a machine wash. Hope you enjoy somewhat.

volcom jeans

i like how these turned out but it still does not satiate me in wanting to know how 'mall jeans' fade cause it still is cone denim.

itll happen some day

the 'mall' jean as compared to a 'artisan' jean on average wont have the depth of character. yet and still if worn hard, any denim should yield at least commendable fades. go to lowes, or home depot, and look at some of the old carpenters, and plumbers who wear jeans from sears to work everyday. ive seen some nice fades from construction workers ive done jobs with.

these look extremely well! Remember seeing one of it in urban outfitter, or is it vans?...anyway...Very good look man! But i have to say that i dislike the back pocket. But the buttonfly is awesome and the whole jeans again turn out nicely. :) + Rep

Thank you! And yes I couldnt agree with you more about the pockets!

thanks snuff and alvah for the kind words! Oh and Im not sure if these were the same jeans you saw in store because I got them where my dad works (backcountry.com if anyones familiar,and they were 40% off cause of his discount so that was a bonus) and after I got them I did a little research and the only place I could find that carried them was where he worked so I got even luckier cause there not even mall jeans...as far as I know atleast.

damn it knew i used teh wrong phrasing. i didnt mean go to jc pennys and get some arizonas, i meant the 'luxury' brands like antik, or true religion or some shit, like they cost teh same as some eternals but how would they compare, like would they fade as beautifully or would they be able to handle teh abuse. just the nerd in my talking

Those sammies are great salaami, love the patches, repairs and very unique fades. The over all color on them is just rediculous! Awesome handmade denim bag and thats funny to see someone with those leather pouches, I almost baught one for my jeans last time I was in a leather store and seeing yours makes me wish I would have.

roflcopter, ive been waiting to see someone break in a pair of the big stars. i just wish the crotch was rockable. those are too legit to quit...

big thanx to all the cats that gave me a kindly word on the sams. i did it all for beatle(smile beats!) being black in the dirty south means you get untold ridicule for wearing the same''tight'' jeans everyday. niggas just dont understand. ima try to put them on the samurai discolor boast tomorrow. if anyone is doing a dd+1 type affair, HIT ME UP!!!

ps: the 'red tab' is some red yarn i sewed in, the ' sixth pocket ' is something i put in to hold my zippo flints, and i paid like $11 bucks for all three leather pouches. the black one was like $4...i keep an extra pamper in it for emergencies.