The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I don't think the pictures really do the bobbles and wobbles justice.

I think it's tightness that determines the horizontalitude. I've noticed most Nudies and Diors I've seen have the really straight combs, and those tend to be worn tight. Personally, I think the angular looks better.. One of the reasons I wish I'd have gotten a size or two bigger.

Now Carl and other unofficial pbj contestants should post some updates.

man, im still in my apcs but im going to start wearing my pbjs now! Ive been laying off em cause i dont want to get bike bum as I have on my other jeans. Head to wall, those do look seriously sweet.

sam: Your daughter rocks. ALMOST makes me want to have a small person around (they could only stay if they had sammies though. kid comes out naked=going right back in until it knows how to use a shuttle loom)

oh, and on another note: i've got a pair of Calis that have about 3-4 months wear on 'em. Never really found 'em too comfortable so i just sized up on a brand new pair. wash the old ones? soak and try to stretch (don't know how much farther they'll go)? what do you think?

pics

DSCN1760.jpg

DSCN1761.jpg

DSCN1759.jpg

DSCN1766.jpg

DSCN1762.jpg

stacking combs (little bit)

DSCN1758.jpg

I have been wearing these Dukes pretty constantly (at least 5 days a week) for a little over 4 months.

Washed at three months because they stank so bad (there are photos somewhere further back in this thread). Second wash about a week ago. I am pretty happy with how they are fading. I altered the levels (mainly exposure and contrast) in these photos (taken mostly with a flash) to try and represent the true colour and fading of these jeans as accurately as possible.

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Chec out how the raw leather tag has darkened! It used to be a pale creamy colour.

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

I aslo thought it would be interesting to show two photos with their levels altered:

(Normal):

IMG_0465.jpg

(Crazy):

IMG_0464.jpg

The second one is a pretty shitty altering job, but it illustrates a point. It's pretty damn easy to alter images to make your jeans look 'better' than they actually are (more contrasty - whether this is actually 'better' is entirely subjective, I know). The real question is, how sick are your fadez in real life?

Thanks poly :)

Yeah I also have a pair of RRDS and the denim is VERY similar to the dukes, might even be from the same producer. The Imperials feels a tiny bit heavier I think.

At this stage, the fading seems to be very similar, except that the weft thread on the nudies seems to come through a bit darker and 'dirtier' than the imperials (where the weft seems closer to white). But the nudies were worn for a lot longer than these dukes, so we will see what time brings.

Also, re drytherain's comments: These dukes are slim but not skin-thight on me, so yeah, the denim moves around a bit more and rubs against itself. But I also rub my hands on my thighs a lot, so I think a lot of the lap fading is due to that.

The Dukes look awesome. I'm loving Imperial right now...I have a pair of Kings, because I have big man thighs and I can't fit into those fancy tight thighed jeans. Out of curiosity, did you do anything special to the patch? I rubbed mineral oil on mine, but yours looks ridiculous. Is it just from the wash?

Thanks diewhitegirls! Re the patch: I rubbed it a lot (just with my hands), so probably a bit of natural oil/grease got in there. I also inadvertently sprayed it with fabreeze once or twice. And when I first washed them, I let them soak in the rain for a few hours (before putting them through the wash). The patch was soaked through at the end of it. So I guess it was a combination of all those things!

EDIT - show us some pics of your dukes if you haven't already!

ok so here are my lvc's that i have worn pretty hard for 2.5 months and then not so much for a month and a half following the purchase of my diors. So yeah they are roughly 4 months old. Anyways, they are a sz 34X34 and i was too big for em at first so they have a bit of stretching that shows in the wear but they fit me way too big now so they should be perfect when i wash them again in a few months. The pics were taken outside in natural light. I tried to capture the richness and variety in the colors of blue but it was kinda hard. I took a lot of pics so bear with me here.

n11500714_31700875_4950.jpg

n11500714_31700876_5287.jpg

n11500714_31700877_5627.jpg

n11500714_31700878_5920.jpg