The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I dunno about that.. how light your jeans are, alll around, within a year pretty much shows they're fading in the non wear areas as much as in the wear areas

although over time some of the indigo in the less abraded areas of the denim will eventually wash out, it's no where near as much in the worn areas. that's where contrast comes from. if what you are saying is true all of our jeans would be completely a uniform color after a certain time. if the denim was made with a quality dye job the indigo should be noticably darker in the lesser worn/crocked areas. that's how old vintage jeans still have some blue in em'.

this past 2 or so pages has been off the rocker

also why it's okay to wash when necessary.

so many quality jawns on here end up with crotch holes from funk after a year (or less...and even less washes)..

washing helps pronounce the contrasts, and prolongs the life of the denims.

i've got some pushing three years with more wear but less damage

i worded that kind of messed up i think he was asking what the pair on the right was not the ones on the left which he knew was dior.

he was asking the ones on the far right that are cut off. i would like to note i know the middle pair is sda since i'm wearing them lol.

this is going to be a picture intensive post

14.5 months

Sugar Cane Start Jeans (40051)

LHT Sanforized

Soaked many times

Machine washed once

all washes & soaks done with Samurai thunder soap

recently reinforced crotch, stitched the hem back together.. all the repairs were done with pieces of thread pulled from the hem of a pair of Imperial Dukes

there's a hole on the right knee, still contemplating whether to do a under patch or over patch

These jeans have been to Hong Kong, China, Boston, LA, NY, Buffalo, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Tokyo and Vancouver

and it would be great if someone could tell me which other pair i should start on.. I have SDA106, Samurai X T5 S5000VX, T5 X Yen X PBJ T5-002 model..

web.jpg?ver=12739622350001

web.jpg?ver=12739622390001

web.jpg?ver=12739622440001

web.jpg?ver=12739622480001

web.jpg?ver=12739622530001

web.jpg?ver=12739622560001

web.jpg?ver=12739622600001

web.jpg?ver=12739622640001

web.jpg?ver=12739622670001

web.jpg?ver=12739622720001

although over time some of the indigo in the less abraded areas of the denim will eventually wash out, it's no where near as much in the worn areas. that's where contrast comes from. if what you are saying is true all of our jeans would be completely a uniform color after a certain time. if the denim was made with a quality dye job the indigo should be noticably darker in the lesser worn/crocked areas. that's how old vintage jeans still have some blue in em'.

this past 2 or so pages has been off the rocker

i agree... worn areas show more indigo loss... But if your going for a more constrasty look its better to delay washes.. different strokes for different folks...

side question, what model are your 5 year old samurais in the 2year+ thread?

i agree... worn areas show more indigo loss... But if your going for a more constrasty look its better to delay washes.. different strokes for different folks...

not exactly.

if an abraded area loses more indigo when washed, chances are there will be MORE contrast...If you constantly wear, and wash, you will lose even more indigo in those high-friction areas...the rest of the jean should stay dark(er)

hence when people don't wash for months (or years), the first wash reveals more wear, look at ipark's black jawns, as an example.

bottom line, if you're scheduling shit you're thinking about it too much..wash when they need it, good to go

but yes to each their own..

just don't stand next to me funky ass people

yup......like he said. for example, those lovely union stars just above(ahlong's). he only machine washed once, and there is noticable contrast, but if he washed them a bit more often these bitches would really shine. but don't take my word as gospel, i'm just a skinny nigga from the hood who loves real denim, and real denimheads alike...but i must say that since i started wetting the jeans and then laying them in the tub(or on the back porch) and then massaging soap lather into the denim makes the difference. came up with the idea from studying how people washed with rough washboards back in the good ole' days. i just rub the soap in with my palms, and the meat of my fingertips, no nails(that would be cheating to me). i don't scratch the denim, just massage the soap in. oh shit, i shouldn't be telling you fucks my secrets, i forgot i'm in a contest. :D

i stopped at my parents house this weekend.... heres a pair of my dad's jeans, though these are not even his work ones which look a m a z i n g. ill try to get a pic of those too if I can find em.

btw these are just some cheap polo rl jeans

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

[x-post from TFH thread]

I did community service in the Santa Monica mountains today and got mud along the bottom of my legs which called for a wash. Sorry no before pics but here are some pics of them as they're drying.

FH3001 4 soaks, 3 washes.

4613091133_abed86c457.jpg

If you look closely, there's still mud along the side of the right leg. I'll clean it off later before I wear them.

4613707288_c6034060ec.jpg

Super random but before I put them in the wash, I undid my cuffs and found a bunch dead grass along with a few dead bugs.. -___-

[x-post from TFH thread]

I did community service in the Santa Monica mountains today and got mud along the bottom of my legs which called for a wash. Sorry no before pics but here are some pics of them as they're drying.

FH3001 4 soaks, 3 washes.

4613091133_abed86c457.jpg

If you look closely, there's still mud along the side of the right leg. I'll clean it off later before I wear them.

4613707288_c6034060ec.jpg

Super random but before I put them in the wash, I undid my cuffs and found a bunch dead grass along with a few dead bugs.. -___-

they look nice! how long have you worn them for??

not exactly.

if an abraded area loses more indigo when washed' date=' chances are there will be MORE contrast...[/quote']

Logic is true for sure. Would rep, but am too busy replicating Salaaami's 'soap massage' technique at home and finding how to publish it on the interwebz...

Logic is true for sure. Would rep, but am too busy replicating Salaaami's 'soap massage' technique at home and finding how to publish it on the interwebz...

I do the much same thing, as much cos it works as for the visual effect. My mum always used to scrub really dirty areas with laundry soap - you simply rub it against the fabric - and it's really handy for spot washing in between major washes, for instance when your cuffs look filthy. It's easy to find in household shops, simply look for laundry soap.

washtime.jpg